All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
Lots and lots of snow!!
      #38313 - 01/17/04 10:49 AM
peaches

Reged: 09/28/03
Loc: Fort Wayne, Indiana

Did anyone else get snow? We had a Winter Weather Advisory last night in effect until 5 this morning, so I woke up and there was MORE snow! We don't need anymore! I'm picking up all the snow in our city and dumping it right on top of Mags' house Linz could use some, too! Joan, you probably got some snow yesterday since we usually get Iowa's weather. Hope everyone else is snowed in like me. Then we could just just sit here and talk all day! lol

--------------------
It comes down to the art of living on [color/red]

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Lots and lots of snow!! new
      #38315 - 01/17/04 10:52 AM
rosie_chica

Reged: 08/26/03
Loc: WI

Here in southern WI we got some... Just enough to cover the ground but nothing more. Rather disappointing.

#38319 - 01/17/04 11:45 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Hey, we got some the other day! I forgot to tell you! LOL I actually got a snow day. Lolita (my car) can not stand snow. She's a fiesty little thing. Anyway, usually Chris gives me a ride to work (he's got 4-wheel drive truck), but it wasn't that much so we thought I'd be okay. The weird part is, all the side streets (like my street) were clear, but the major roads & highways were crappy! Anyway, I turned onto the highway into the right lane, and ended up swerving all over into the middle lane, and almost into the left lane. Luckily, no one else was driving next to me. I turned around and came home - it wasn't worth it! So, I got to stay home from work! (My underlying reason for always wanted snow! LOL Just kidding! )

#38427 - 01/17/04 06:14 PM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

In Northeast WI we got around three - four inches of snow. It was fun to build a snowman with my kids and they love to sled.

However; tonight the cold air comes in. We got up to 29 degrees today and the weatherman is saying we will have 20 below F tempts by tomorrow. Brrrrrrrrrrrr

#38669 - 01/18/04 04:59 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Hey Peaches! I was thinking of you this morning. I was playing with my dog in the snow. Oh man - she is too funny! She loves to stick her whole face in it, then flip it up all over with her nose! LOL This morning, I was throwing snowballs, and she runs to where they land and tries to find them. It is so funny! I swear, I almost peed myself! LOL She goes nuts trying to find what I threw, but obviously it just all blends into the snow that's already on the ground, but she still tries. Starts shoving her whole face in there, digging for it like a maniac. LMBO

Anyway, I was wondering how your dog liked the snow.

#38682 - 01/18/04 05:50 PM
sherr1

Reged: 10/07/03
Loc: Southern, Calif

Okay all of this talk of snow and it's getting cold over here, but not as cold as you all. We had a nice week of 75+, now it's only 60 out and nights about 48. Ya I know it's not that cold,but I live in the dessert..BRRRR...

#38696 - 01/18/04 06:25 PM
joanmarie

Reged: 11/09/03
Loc: iowa

Peaches,
Actually we got rain but no snow. Now today it is really cold! I'd take the snow over the cold temps. I think giving Mags your snow is a great idea! I'm looking for some advice from you. My daugher is 9 and looking for info on changing bodies. What was most helpful to you in those "talks"? You suggestions would be much more helpful than from another adult. We are in the process of reading a book by American Girl called The Care and Keeping of You. I just want to make sure she isn't confused, and also that she feels good about herself.
Thanks,
Joan

#38697 - 01/18/04 06:27 PM
joanmarie

Sorry, but you won't get an sympathy from me with below zero temps!

#38709 - 01/18/04 07:14 PM
peaches

Reged: 09/28/03
Loc: Fort Wayne, Indiana

Quote:

Anyway, I was wondering how your dog liked the snow.

She DESPISES the snow!! Her natural climate is hot, tropical weather, so she only goes out to go to the bathroom. There's no way you can get her to stay out there otherwise!

Joan-I honestly just liked it when I felt that I could talk to my mom about anything without her prying into my life. I didn't want her talking to my stepdad about it, or with anyone else. It was very personal and I'm a VERY private person, so I liked having someone I could trust. You can email me any questions you have as well. Hope this helps!

--------------------
It comes down to the art of living on [color/red]

#38711 - 01/18/04 07:17 PM
joanmarie

Thanks Peaches. You are a sweetheart. I will email you as questions come up. Did the email address work? I can't wait to see your dog!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4667 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6211

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review