All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
Lots and lots of snow!!
      #38313 - 01/17/04 10:49 AM
peaches

Reged: 09/28/03
Loc: Fort Wayne, Indiana

Did anyone else get snow? We had a Winter Weather Advisory last night in effect until 5 this morning, so I woke up and there was MORE snow! We don't need anymore! I'm picking up all the snow in our city and dumping it right on top of Mags' house Linz could use some, too! Joan, you probably got some snow yesterday since we usually get Iowa's weather. Hope everyone else is snowed in like me. Then we could just just sit here and talk all day! lol

--------------------
It comes down to the art of living on [color/red]

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Lots and lots of snow!! new
      #38315 - 01/17/04 10:52 AM
rosie_chica

Reged: 08/26/03
Loc: WI

Here in southern WI we got some... Just enough to cover the ground but nothing more. Rather disappointing.

#38319 - 01/17/04 11:45 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Hey, we got some the other day! I forgot to tell you! LOL I actually got a snow day. Lolita (my car) can not stand snow. She's a fiesty little thing. Anyway, usually Chris gives me a ride to work (he's got 4-wheel drive truck), but it wasn't that much so we thought I'd be okay. The weird part is, all the side streets (like my street) were clear, but the major roads & highways were crappy! Anyway, I turned onto the highway into the right lane, and ended up swerving all over into the middle lane, and almost into the left lane. Luckily, no one else was driving next to me. I turned around and came home - it wasn't worth it! So, I got to stay home from work! (My underlying reason for always wanted snow! LOL Just kidding! )

#38427 - 01/17/04 06:14 PM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

In Northeast WI we got around three - four inches of snow. It was fun to build a snowman with my kids and they love to sled.

However; tonight the cold air comes in. We got up to 29 degrees today and the weatherman is saying we will have 20 below F tempts by tomorrow. Brrrrrrrrrrrr

#38669 - 01/18/04 04:59 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Hey Peaches! I was thinking of you this morning. I was playing with my dog in the snow. Oh man - she is too funny! She loves to stick her whole face in it, then flip it up all over with her nose! LOL This morning, I was throwing snowballs, and she runs to where they land and tries to find them. It is so funny! I swear, I almost peed myself! LOL She goes nuts trying to find what I threw, but obviously it just all blends into the snow that's already on the ground, but she still tries. Starts shoving her whole face in there, digging for it like a maniac. LMBO

Anyway, I was wondering how your dog liked the snow.

#38682 - 01/18/04 05:50 PM
sherr1

Reged: 10/07/03
Loc: Southern, Calif

Okay all of this talk of snow and it's getting cold over here, but not as cold as you all. We had a nice week of 75+, now it's only 60 out and nights about 48. Ya I know it's not that cold,but I live in the dessert..BRRRR...

#38696 - 01/18/04 06:25 PM
joanmarie

Reged: 11/09/03
Loc: iowa

Peaches,
Actually we got rain but no snow. Now today it is really cold! I'd take the snow over the cold temps. I think giving Mags your snow is a great idea! I'm looking for some advice from you. My daugher is 9 and looking for info on changing bodies. What was most helpful to you in those "talks"? You suggestions would be much more helpful than from another adult. We are in the process of reading a book by American Girl called The Care and Keeping of You. I just want to make sure she isn't confused, and also that she feels good about herself.
Thanks,
Joan

#38697 - 01/18/04 06:27 PM
joanmarie

Sorry, but you won't get an sympathy from me with below zero temps!

#38709 - 01/18/04 07:14 PM
peaches

Quote:

Anyway, I was wondering how your dog liked the snow.

She DESPISES the snow!! Her natural climate is hot, tropical weather, so she only goes out to go to the bathroom. There's no way you can get her to stay out there otherwise!

Joan-I honestly just liked it when I felt that I could talk to my mom about anything without her prying into my life. I didn't want her talking to my stepdad about it, or with anyone else. It was very personal and I'm a VERY private person, so I liked having someone I could trust. You can email me any questions you have as well. Hope this helps!

--------------------

#38711 - 01/18/04 07:17 PM
joanmarie

Thanks Peaches. You are a sweetheart. I will email you as questions come up. Did the email address work? I can't wait to see your dog!

Snow pic! new
      #39077 - 01/20/04 07:59 AM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Hey girls! Speaking of snow, I thought I'd share a pic I took of the deck in our backyard on Saturday night. Is it Springtime yet?? I'm tired of this!

[image]http://images.snapfish.com/3397842%3B23232%7Ffp58%3Dot>232%3A%3D88%3A%3D<49%3DXROQDF>23234973%3A7396ot1lsi[/image]

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Re: Snow pic! new
      #39078 - 01/20/04 08:00 AM
Kree

Hey... why didn't that link work??

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#39200 - 01/20/04 02:08 PM
madscientist

Reged: 12/17/03
Loc: Kamloops, British Columbia

Hey everyone!
Yeah we got snow! Lots of it. That really wasn't the bad part, though. It was the temperatures that made everyone cranky. We got -20 to -25 degree weather for a whole week and a half. Add to that a wind chill that made it drop down to -30ish. Oh, this is in Celcius, not Farenheit.

#39205 - 01/20/04 02:16 PM
joanmarie

I'm glad you said that Kree. I was searching for the picture but couldn't find it. I figured it was due to my computer ignorance so didn't say anything!

Kree's Snow Picture Link new
      #39206 - 01/20/04 02:17 PM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Here try this:

Kree's Snow Picture

--------------------
- Jennifer

#39208 - 01/20/04 02:20 PM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

I'm pretty sure that the file has to end with a .jpg, .gif, or .bmp for the Image tool to work. I use Snapfish too sometimes and their picture address (the one you posted) doesn't end with those. Something to do with the website.

--------------------
- Jennifer

Re: Kree's Snow Picture Link new
      #39210 - 01/20/04 02:26 PM
joanmarie

Thanks Jennifer and Kree. What a beautiful view you have Kree!

#39231 - 01/20/04 04:09 PM
suzyq

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: Northern Ont. Canada

We got a dump of snow on saturday night/sunday morning here in Northern Ontario and to top it off we are still in a deep freeze. Still huddling around the -25 C/windchills of -35 to 45 C. Tonight hubby and I are to go to a friends and try out their Hot tub! It is going to be so hard getting in with this cold but will probably feel really good in the tub. Let you's know tomorrow if we went or chickened out!! Sue

My hero! new
      #39308 - 01/20/04 08:13 PM
Kree

Quote:

Here try this:

Kree's Snow Picture

Thanks Jennifer, you're my hero! I'll remember that about snapfish from now on!

--------------------

#39310 - 01/20/04 08:15 PM
Kree

Quote:

We got a dump of snow on saturday night/sunday morning here in Northern Ontario and to top it off we are still in a deep freeze. Still huddling around the -25 C/windchills of -35 to 45 C. Tonight hubby and I are to go to a friends and try out their Hot tub! It is going to be so hard getting in with this cold but will probably feel really good in the tub. Let you's know tomorrow if we went or chickened out!! Sue

Yikes! Don't turn into an icicle when you get out!

--------------------

Re: Kree's Snow Picture Link new
      #39311 - 01/20/04 08:16 PM
Kree

Quote:

Thanks Jennifer and Kree. What a beautiful view you have Kree!

Thanks Joan! My parents do have a really nice yard. I'm going to miss it whenever I finally move out!

--------------------

Re: Lots and lots of SUNSHINE new
      #39332 - 01/20/04 09:21 PM
steather

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

Just wanted to be the oddball here and comment about the typically warm winter we're having. Currently it's
60°F, and it's night! In the day it's around 70°F. Now, I can't really ask for snow, but it would be nice if I got to wear a jacket every now and then

--------------------
Heather

"Quod me Nutrit me Destruit"

Re: Lots and lots of SUNSHINE new
      #39335 - 01/20/04 10:48 PM
Kandee

Loc: USA, Southern California

Heather, Wanna wear a jacket? Go to Flag!!!

Kandee

--------------------

#39337 - 01/20/04 10:53 PM
Kandee

Sherri, That means we're gettin out the ear muffs and long Johns, right????

(Ah, but it's a dry cold.........sound familiar?)

LOL,
Kandee

--------------------

#39585 - 01/21/04 04:51 PM
suzyq

Loc: Northern Ont. Canada

Well I survived the Hot Tub what a blast!!! We stayed in for about 45 mins. Had to dunk my head a few times to get the icicles off!! It was so relaxing and refreshing that I slept like a baby for the first time in I don't know how long. I told my friend that I will be making an appointment at least once a week!!

#39631 - 01/21/04 06:45 PM
peaches

I wish I had a hot tub!!!!!!

I agree, Kandee, Flag is chilly! We go to Sedona every summer and we travel all through AZ, UT, CO, and NM during that time. It's coooooold!!!

--------------------

#39636 - 01/21/04 07:14 PM
steather

Hey Peaches, I grew up in a small town near Sedona. In fact, to go to the movies, we had to drive 45 minutes to Sedona. So needless to say, I've seen those red rocks a few million times. That's a nice summer vacation, especially to escape the Indiana humidity!

--------------------
Heather

#39658 - 01/21/04 09:37 PM
Kandee

Heather, Ok, I give up, where did you grow up? Hmmm, 45 minutes from Sedona for a movie? (And here, I thought only Californians judged distance in minutes!)

Peaches,

Isn't Sedona absolutely wonderful? Do you make sure you have your crystals when you go? LOL
I remember when Jerome (and you know where that is) was a REAL ghost town and no one would live there except the draft dodging hippies in the 60's. They stayed, started businesses and the rest is history.

Oh, it would be so exciting to see you on American Idol? If that ever becomes a possibility you better keep us in the loop!!!

--------------------

#39667 - 01/21/04 11:28 PM
steather

Kandee, are you familiar with Camp Verde? It's the exact center of Arizona on a map. Its right off I-17 on the way to Flag from Phx. And it's exactly 45 mins from Flag and 45 mins from Sedona....and about 1 1/2 hrs from Phx. And after living that far away from civilization, you bet I judge it by time! LOL!

And Peaches, after watching how miserable everyone in Houston did today, I bet you could give em all a run for their money on AI!!

--------------------
Heather

#39824 - 01/22/04 03:44 PM
peaches

Yeah I think that whole thing is set up. In one of my magazines they had a reporter enter into the competition, and she found out that you have to pass through 3 other judging sessions with "lesser" judges in order to get to see Simon, Paula, and Randy. But maybe they really and truly don't know how bad they are!! LOL

Kandee I've been to Jerome twice, and call me strange---but I love it!! My mom and I both agree that we wouldn't mind living there since it's so unique (but I like my life at the moment, so I'm good for another few years!). And don't worry you guys-if AI keeps up it's popularity next year, I'll try out for it if it comes ot a city close to me. I don't think my mom would be too keen on driving to Cali just for an audition lol. So we'll see!

--------------------

Hey Peaches... new
      #39907 - 01/22/04 08:13 PM
steather

By then you'll be old enough to drive, right Does Indiana have its own version of AI, just a statewide contest (I know AZ has arizonan idol)? Maybe you could enter that when you're old enough?

And I love Jerome! Great shopping! Me and my friends used to go there on Halloween....talk about spoooooooky

Have you gone on the Pink Jeep Tours in Sedona? Those are a heck of alotta fun.

--------------------
Heather

#39926 - 01/23/04 02:03 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Hey Peaches, we might be getting some! Snow's forecast for next week even down here. It's be more fun if I was off work. As it is, the entire transport system here might grind to a halt. No-one here knows how to cope with snow!

MORE SNOW!! AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! new
      #40160 - 01/23/04 04:00 PM
peaches

Finally, Linz! It's about time some snow got to all our friends across the pond Sorry about the transport system, though. It'll make it tough to get to work, huh?

We're getting ANOTHER 8 inches of snow tonight! It's been snowing all day and is going to continue until midnight. We're not able to go anywhere because of it and I have nothing to do at home. *sigh* Soooo bored! Save me, please!!

No, we don't have an Indiana-an Idol (thank goodness!) so I'd hafta go someplace else. I've never been on the pink jeep tours either, but I think it's funny to go shopping and see them drive past!

--------------------

Re: MORE SNOW!! AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! new
      #40164 - 01/23/04 04:41 PM
joanmarie

Wow Peaches,
You are really getting the snow. Your poor Chiquita isn't going to want to go outside! Please don't send it this way. I am ready for spring. I went out today to clean up the back yard (we have a dog door so the dogs can go out when they want. 2 dogs leave alot behind! Sorry you are so bored. Fill us in on your week at school.

#40173 - 01/23/04 05:04 PM
Debby

Reged: 11/05/03
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

And more snow!!! It won't stop snowing in Cleveland. Last night my mom and I weren't paying attention to the weather and we drove to the East side of Cleveland to visit my cousin and her baby. Well the East side is the snow belt due to the Lake Erie right above us causing tons of extra snow. It was horrible driving and you couldn't see the lanes on the freeway. I was so happy to finally get home!

#40184 - 01/23/04 06:01 PM
peaches

Ok well at least we aren't the only ones! lol

--------------------

#40203 - 01/23/04 06:19 PM
Debby

Reged: 11/05/03
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

I'm just getting to the point where I am really tired of all the cold weather and all the crazy driving conditions and yet tonight I look outside and it's so pretty outside. The snow is sparkling even in the dark and I'm 30 years old and I have urge to run outside and play in the snow for a while, maybe make a few snow angels. I guess maybe I need to appreciate this a little because in about 6 months I'll be on this website complaining about how hot and muggy it is.

#40301 - 01/23/04 08:41 PM
peaches

I was just think that today! I was like, "Ya know, I'm gettin sick of having to drive 5 miles an hour down the highway trying to get home," then I remembered that I was lucky to have a car with heat to travel in and a car with AC when I was complaining about the heat! lol So I don't know. It's jsut that with our society everything seems to be just slightly less than perfect!

--------------------

#40392 - 01/24/04 11:39 AM
Kree

We've been getting lots more snow here, too, and I'm getting tired of it! Sigh. But you're right, we should be counting our blessings. I did have to go out to class this morning, but now I'm back in my warm house all snuggled up under a blanket. This isn't so bad!

--------------------

#40394 - 01/24/04 11:49 AM
marjo

Reged: 01/13/04

Peaches, I work in Fort Wayne, for Northwest Allen Co. Schools, in the superintendent's office, for the transportation director, and he said we would probably have a delay on Monday, as we could be getting up to 10" of snow by then. When I came home from work yesterday, going north was very sloppy and I saw 4 cars off in ditches. Made me a nervous wreck. I've lived in Fort Wayne most of my life, so Angola is quite a drive for me, but it is a pretty area. My grandkids like Pokagon and so do my dogs. Have you found any good places to buy food, besides the health food store on North Anthony?
e

--------------------
Everything somehow always works out for the best.

#40457 - 01/24/04 03:52 PM
peaches

Wow, that's aweosme that you lived here. I haven't lived here all my life (unlike everyone else! lol) but I heard the same thing. I'm glad because I'm a very lazy individual when it comes to sleeping in every morning. Waking up at 7 after a long night of studying and homework is not something that I'm too fond of! But are you sure it'll *only* be a delay? It's supposed to also be a mixture of rain and sleet, and with the sub-zero wind chill it'll freeze over for sure.

--------------------

Honest Tea new
      #40462 - 01/24/04 03:58 PM
peaches

And I usually go to the only on North Anthony, just since I go to Concordia, and I LOVE the Honest Tea that they sell there. They have a few decaffeinated kinds and I adore them! Here's the website for them. If you go to the Store Locator section, they'll give you a list of health food stores for each city.

Honest Tea

--------------------

Re: Honest Tea new
      #40468 - 01/24/04 04:21 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

I love Honest Tea as well.

#40469 - 01/24/04 04:33 PM
peaches

Good! I didn't think anyone else had ever heard of it before. What's your favorite kind?

--------------------

#40477 - 01/24/04 04:58 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Hmmm... I don't have one specific favorite, but since I like my tea to be vaguely sweet I like the berry one and the one with Opus on it (though I'm not sure that's decaf). I like how the tea people said they'd make the tea sweeter for Berkeley Breathed if he'd let them put Opus on the jar.

#40492 - 01/24/04 06:11 PM
peaches

ooo I'll see if they have that one next time. I've only tried Gold Rush, which as a pinch of cinnamon in it so it's pretty sweet. There's an art theater downtown that my mom and I go to that shows mostly indie films that never go to mainstrem. They're the best movies ever! My favorite that I've seen so far has to be either Pieces of April or The Station Agent. We're going to see another call In America tomorrow, which is about an immigrant family in the '70s and about how hard it was for the two little girls to adjust to growing up in America. It should be very interesting so I can't wait!

--------------------

#40499 - 01/24/04 06:30 PM
marjo

Reged: 01/13/04

Well, as far as the weather goes, the boss always gets with the other Ft. Wayne school systems in the wee hours of the morning and discuss what they all want to do together. We did not get any snow here today, so unless we get buckets tomorrow, there won't be a delay!!

I go to the health food store on N. Anthony a couple times a month, when I go to the bead store also... How convenient for you, you are right by it. Since Scott's on Dupont rd. remodeled and added a health food section, I can find some things there. Walmart and Meijer have the cheapest rice milk, but not much else. I have been trying Newman's Own Organic products. The Ginger-o's cookies are good and they come in chocolate too. All organic, no dairy, good fats.

I think the owner is a little weird though. Three years ago, when I was really sick with IBS, I went to her and she put me on a weird diet, and it did not work at all!

Well, have fun in school, Concordia is a great school, but so is Carroll!!

--------------------
Everything somehow always works out for the best.

#40506 - 01/24/04 06:48 PM
peaches

Quote:

I think the owner is a little weird though. Three years ago, when I was really sick with IBS, I went to her and she put me on a weird diet, and it did not work at all!

Well, have fun in school, Concordia is a great school, but so is Carroll!!

That would be creepy!! I don't like it when people think they're doctors. It scares me because it makes me wonder why they think that lol. I've never heard of Ginger-o's. I'll have to try them sometime! And Wal-mart is my store lol They have the cheapest of EVERYTHING!
I went to a dance competition at Carrol and I can't believe how it's out in the middle of a field! Everyone raves about it so I thought that maybe it would be sitting there surrounded by fancy neighborhoods, but I was very wrong lol. Anyways, thanks for the food advice! I'll check out the health food store again and update you on anything good I find. It's nice to know someone who lives here!

--------------------

In America new
      #40556 - 01/25/04 03:36 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

That film got pretty good reviews over here. Sounded a bit sad for wimpy ol' me tho. Let me know what you think.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 554 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6288

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review