Pages: 1
Hello old friends and new people!
      #364028 - 03/21/11 09:07 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Hi everybody!

Long time no see!

I caught the tail end of a bug my bf was fighting, and it sauntered right thru my flu shot and sidelined me for a week!

Just started eating boilled chicken 2 days ago but now my IBS kicked in, and it's back to the bathroom today for the 7th time for more D...! (It's only 11:57am... :P

Quick question for people with shaky hands: Do your hands shake after a D attack? I'm guessing mine are cha cha-ing around because I'm dehydrated. I read just now on the internet that a medicine containing phenobarbatol is prescribed for familial tremors... My Donnatol has phenobarb in it, so I'm going to do some unscientific research and see if it works on my hand tremors as well as stomach spasms. Suggestions are very welcome!!

Nelly

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Hello old friends and new people! new
      #364030 - 03/21/11 01:25 PM
Aly

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Columbus, Ohio

Hi Nelly!
I get pretty shaky during an attack, even though my hands never shake any other time. I usually am curled up under a blanket shaking quite a bit. When the attacks get bad enough like that I do usually take some bentyl or something and it hasn't seemed to reduce my shaking...I'm still crazy! I think my shake is more from pain/frustration/shock than anything else. Don't know if that helps, but hopefully your meds might help--that would be nice, right??
Hope you feel better soon. I just got over a killer cough/cold that was not so fun and then got a nasty stomach attack yesterday. I'm starting with the pains adn D again now. Lucky me!!
Take care and good to see you on here!

--------------------
IBS-A

#364037 - 03/22/11 10:40 AM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

Nelly darling!!

Besides a messed up tum, how the heck are you? Things are good here and improving a little at a time.

The shakes are the worst! I get full body convulsions when my attacks are bad! I have to wrap up and get warm, even though I'm usually already sweating like mad. And I haven't found anything that really helps. Warmth, peppermint Altoids, and time... I have to sleep in the spare room when it's really bad or I wake the hubby.

Last Monday I started with 4 trips to the loo in 30 minutes... and consequently did not make it to work that day... I so sympathize with you!

Have some tea, calm down that tum... Big hugs!!!

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

#364070 - 03/28/11 01:52 PM
Nelly

Toady! It's so nice to see your smiling face!! I took the Donnatal and surprisingly, it worked miracles on my shakes! I'd dance a tango with a poodle underwater if I'd thought it would help... I hate feeling helpless when it gets that bad... the cold sweats, the shakes, the aliens clawing out of my stomach and that awful feeling my body's been hijacked and I'm only along for the ride!!

THAT being said, it's actually a GOOD day today! i was able to get some errands done, and my tummy only hurt once, in the parking lot, as some lady was trying to make small talk w me.

...She must have thought I was crazy, hopping from one foot to the other as my stomach was stabbed with cramps, as I grimaced while trying to smile through clenched teeth. Oh, well, serves her right for talking to strangers.

How have your headaches been lately, btw? Are you noticing any improvement as time has passed since your surgery?

~nelly~

#364071 - 03/28/11 02:14 PM
Nelly

Hi Aly!! Flu season is in my opinion especially Not Fair to Ibs-ers... it's just wrong to be sick when normal people are well, and then on top of that be subjected to the same normal-people viruses as WELL. Shouldn't we have super white call awesome viral resistance or something?? Things would be different if I were making the rules, grumble, grumble!

It always takes me longer to figure out if I get a bug... I automatically think it's my IBS when I'm getting sick! I knew it was coming this time, tho, but my feeble attempts at annexing myself in my room away from everyone were futile. Futile! Evil sickness. Just when my tummy was vaguely cooperating!

~nelly~

#364075 - 03/28/11 06:50 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

Nelly,

I feel like a whole new person since surgery. I'm finally starting to get my life back!!! I did have a complication with surgery - brachial neuritis (they basically paralyzed my right arm) - but other than working on that, I'm doing well. I am finally coming out of my post-op fog - yes, 9 months.... Very few headaches, and they don't last for long. (Yippee!!!) I'm working 1/2 days. I go to physio, massage, infrared sauna treatment and acupuncture. They are all helping. And the acupuncture is helping my tum too!

And the best news of all, hubby and I are going to be the proud owners / owned by a Weimaraner puppy at the end of April / early May. We're so excited. Can't wait to meet our little girl!!

Happy to hear your tum is cooperating again!! And I completely understand about talking to strangers who don't realize it's time to go on your merry way...

Take care of you!!

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

#364102 - 03/31/11 07:57 AM
Nelly

Oh, weimaraners are GORGEOUS. I just get lost in their eyes! My husky (in my avatar!) has beautiful blue eyes. He's the only dog I've ever had, and I can really say, a dog makes everything better.

Yday I went in to get a new pair of glasses and was subjected to high pressure sales by a horrible, soulless woman, who by the end of the day had me convinced that she probably killed her neighbor's cats for a good time. After refusing to hand over a copy of my prescription when I told her I wasn't going to buy any of her (crappy and) overpriced frames, and was going to buy my contacts from 1-800-contacts, she told me I'd have to pay $249 for lenses, a $180 contact fee anyway, plus I'd have to redo the paperwork and eye exam since they'd lost my medical file. I paid for the lenses, got her manager to LOOK IN THE COMPUTER because my Rx was WRITTEN ON THE SCREEN, and scrammed outta there before I lost it.

I went directly to the pet store and spent the rest of my $ on dog treats and fantastic squeaky toys, and went home, made my dog's day, and had THE BEST PUPPY THERAPY EVER. Sometimes, humans just suck. A lot!

Don't know if the eye place will play ball with 1-800-contacts... Not sure what my next move will be, if no. I've been wearing my last pair for 28 days and they're getting crunchy! Sorry for the rant...

Yay to fewer headaches!!!

~nelly~

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 92 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8006

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review