All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Sacroiliac Joint Dysfunction
      #354021 - 01/05/10 01:29 PM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

Anyone know anything about this and specifically how to manage the pain?

3 Advil and a Tylenol 3 with codiene only gave me heartburn ,stomach pain and no relief.

Help!

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Sacroiliac Joint Dysfunction new
      #354025 - 01/05/10 02:11 PM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

Hey, Sweetie -
Sorry to hear about this. What drs. have you seen? Orthopedist or a Chiropractor?

I don't know exactly what this is - but, anything to do with the back - been there... Right now, they plan on treating the things I have been diagnosed with: Degenerative Disk Disease, Scoliosis, Sciatica, Buling Disks, 1 Herniated Disk, Bursitis - with physical therapy. I'm also checking into a new procedure at the chiropractor -decompression - hearing good and bad.

I can't handle any pain meds, just tylenol. But, find ice for inflammation and heat, i.e. heating pad, heat patches that apply to the skin (use every day) - are somewhat effective in managing the pain.

Tell me more about what the dr. told you....

{{Hugs}} ~ Dorothy

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

#354034 - 01/05/10 03:53 PM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

My dad had something like this. I will ask him.

#354037 - 01/05/10 04:20 PM
vettech

Reged: 06/08/08
Loc: ME

I had been experiencing a lot of back, hip and leg pain and my orthopedist said this was my problem. I started to go to physical therapy. It has taken several weeks, but I'm starting to see a difference. It'll probably take a long time, but I think it'll work.

Forget the drugs. All they do is make me sick without helping.

--------------------
IBS-A and GERD since 1983
Low FODMAP since 2012

#354102 - 01/06/10 11:57 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

I don't know anything about it but I just wanted to tell you that I hope you find a way to control the pain so that you can be comfortable.

I am sorry sweetie,

--------------------
Janey

#354106 - 01/06/10 12:19 PM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

Dragonfly, I asked my dad. He couldn't remember the name, but said drugs did not help much. They seem to escalate the pain, when they wore off. He said that he went for physical therapy, some hydro-therapy (I think it's called),chiropractic care, which helped and started walking 5 miles a day gradually. He said in the beginning of walking it was more painful, but now his pain is minimal. I don't know that it is the same disorder that you have but he said he had intense hip, thigh, back pain.

HTH

#354150 - 01/07/10 05:36 AM
dragonfly

Thanks everyone.
I can't get in to see the Doc til tomorrow so in the mean time, I've been doing my own research and I don't think my problem right now is exactly SI Joint Dysfunction.
It might be in the long term.I know I have arthritis.
I have a shorter leg and that messes up everything but...in my research I found something called ...Trochanteric Bursitis.
This seems to descibe the symptoms so much better so I 'm going to ask the Doc tomorrow about both.

I iced my hip and have been sleeping on a recliner,I can walk with a pretty good limp and only feel the severe pain in certain positions(sorry hunny not tonight )
As with everything though,the rest of my leg and the other one are achy now too.
Otherwise today is much better,my hip "popped " last night and things seem less painful.

I'll tell ya though,Advil and Tylenol 3's have done a job on my stomach,I've been eating bread like crazy and I'm sure its all going to my butt!

Thanks again you guys.
Chris

--------------------

#354319 - 01/09/10 04:21 AM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

Chris -

Just checking on you... Did you see the doctor? If so, what did you find out?

Hope the pain has lessened...

Dorothy

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

#354321 - 01/09/10 05:41 AM
dragonfly

Dorthy,
Yes I saw my Nurse practitioner,I refer to her as my doc since shes the only one I ever see.She is sending me for a pelvic x-ray but agreed with me that it is not SI joint but trochanteric bursitis.
I iced it and felt much better.
It is going to reoccur she informed me too.Great

I am also going in for a pelvic ultrasound to check for cysts on my ovaries because I have very painful ovulation.

Then she informs me she has gotten a new job offer and will be leaving!!!!!
Friday was her last day!!!What the heck am I going to do now?Shes the only one who understands everything I 've dealt with with IBS and my anxiety issues!!!I'm just freakin out a little now.
They haven't even found replacement for her.As if they could!!!grrrr

So how have you been?Whats up with your back?You mentioned you were having pain issues too.
I hope the weather improves for you down south,it's cold with lots of snow here but it is Ontario so what ya gonna do?

Take care Dorthy,you're in my thoughts and prayers often.
Chris

--------------------

#354361 - 01/09/10 07:52 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I was on work comp due to SI injury. I went through a great rehab program (mostly done after car accidents). It worked very well along with doing my own stretches and exercises. My problem wasn't as much constant pain but spasms. Do you have spasms? I would get on the floor to stretch and spasm so bad I couldn't get up and I would cry. My chiro/homeo said the SI injury was linked to digestive issues but I'm not sure how. I hurt mine trudging through deep snow in heavy boots. The spasms would cause the back of my waist to spasm the worst and basically shorten that leg and then my lower back would hurt.
Part of the rehab was back strengthening exercises. They bought me a Roman Chair and I still use it every week.

Maybe topical treatments would manage pain better since the narcotic types hurt the tummy. I have some arnica gel that is supposed to help and it is natural.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2062 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7868

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review