All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: Does anyone besides me feel isolated and lonely with IBS-D??? new
      #351968 - 11/10/09 07:10 PM
vettech

Reged: 06/08/08
Loc: ME

Even though I am really fortunate to have some people in my life who understand, and a few more that really care and sympathize even if they don't quite get it, I still feel lonely sometimes. I think I've gotten in the habit of isolating myself due to fear of having an attack while I'm out, that when I am feeling good and in the mood to do something, noone is available - they've just assumed I wouldn't be interested in doing anything.

So, the short answer is...yes.

--------------------
IBS-A and GERD since 1983
Low FODMAP since 2012

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Does anyone besides me feel isolated and lonely with IBS-D??? new
      #351969 - 11/10/09 07:25 PM
Windchimes

Reged: 09/05/09
Loc: Northern California

GADS! Do I EVER understand what you are saying here. I've even gone leisurely shopping at Wal-Mart, had to dash to the bathroom and dump my 'undies' in the sanitary napkin disposal and wash myself off with toilet paper, and put my jeans or sweats back on, absent underwear. IBS-D is horrific and one never knows when an attack will come.

Now how gross is that???

--------------------
Senior female, IBS-D, presently stable thanks to Heather & Staff

Re: Windchimes new
      #351970 - 11/10/09 07:35 PM
Windchimes

Reged: 09/05/09
Loc: Northern California

Thank you for the suggestion. I already have given serious consideration to this, however I never know what day I can arrive at a meeting at a specific time. I have a full-time job here just taking care of myself and my own symptoms.

HOWEVER, I would be happy to be available to locals by telephone who also have this miserable condition. There is much to be shared and learned. It seemingly is such a day to day thing.

Thank you for responding and sharing.

--------------------
Senior female, IBS-D, presently stable thanks to Heather & Staff

You are not alone! new
      #351991 - 11/11/09 07:50 AM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

Living with ibs is very hard not only physical but mental and some days its more mental for me. My husband understands the most but not all the time. My mom and dad some what get it and try to help. But I have a older sister who thinks its all in my head and rolls her eyes at everything I say. My best friends trys but I know she don't get it. Its hard not to be able to order pizza when your tired or just want a milkshake when your in town not to be able to go out for ice cream when your family wants it. I get tired of going to town and knowing that theres only to places in the whole town I can eat at! Repeating food all the time is the worse some days I tell my husband how can you have appetite when you fix the same thing over and over again and you have to have rice, poatoes or pasta at every meal. I eat blueberrys or strawberrys everyday and I am grateful that i can have these but I am tired of them to! I miss food like oranges and beans and so on..... I know what your saying I to feel like I am the only person in the world thats like this. You try to explain ibs and they look at you like your a alien! HAng in there and know your not alone. god bless
emamsmom
ibs-c gas

Re: You are not alone! new
      #351992 - 11/11/09 08:40 AM

Unregistered

my parents and boyfriend don't think its all in my head becaue they see how often I'm in the bathroom and can actually hear all my freaky stomach noises..and everyday when I get some from work I lay down and release tons of gas and my mom said it sounds weird or that I had an accident..I say no its just air,becaue of all the mucus and weird stuff goin on it sounds like im having an accident. I can't beleive my mom still asks me if I want some of what they're eating.

Re: You are not alone! new
      #351996 - 11/11/09 09:38 AM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

try a heating pad that works great. Have you tried heathers fennel tea its helped me alot. Try bean-o before you eat and some gas-x there great to. I always try to walk after i eat that helps alot. keep your stomach full and don't let it get empty that can create gas. hth
emamsmom
ibs-c gas

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 769 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7870

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review