All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
teas I bought from wal mart..safe?
      #351701 - 11/06/09 07:45 AM

Unregistered

celestial seasonings gingerbread spice

Tazo green ginger, doesn't say decafenated or caffeine free..but not on ingredient list, does say all natural.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: teas I bought from wal mart..safe? new
      #351714 - 11/06/09 10:35 AM
Windchimes

Reged: 09/05/09
Loc: Northern California

Celestial teas are a good brand based on my experience. Though only purchase the ones that say caffeine-free. I would stay away from the others as they will have the same effect on IBS symptoms as coffee or sodas.

You could easily purchase some fresh ginger at the grocery store and grate or thin slice some of that (pealed of course) into a tea strainer and add some allspice and you would end up with a very soothing tea, that probably is more helpful and tastes even better than the Celestial tea bags.

When I purchase fresh ginger, I actually peel and grate it all up, and then put a tsp. of it into each compartment of an ice cube tray with bottled water or chicken broth. Once the cubes have frozen, I release them from the tray, and drop them into a plastic bag and seal, labeling and dating the bag. Then I can take 1-2 cubes out whenever I need it for tea or chicken soup.

Works great!... and doesn't cost a bundle of money. Saves a lot of effort in the long run also.

--------------------
Senior female, IBS-D, presently stable thanks to Heather & Staff

#351720 - 11/06/09 11:05 AM

Unregistered

the brand is tazo and its green ginger,it says its green tea with a dazzling blend of sweet spicy ginger and a touch of pear,its smells really good,but I wasn't sure about it so I didn't try it..I bought it thinking its most likely safe as it says all natural..

#351737 - 11/06/09 12:55 PM
bamalakegirl30

Reged: 10/23/09
Loc: Alabama

I agree with the above poster who said you should make sure it's caffeine free. I only buy the caffeine free. I also have used Celestial Seasonings Peppermint tea which I enjoyed a lot but I have to be careful because of my acid reflux. I also purchased Heather's Fennel Tea. I love it because I can drink it without any problems. Usually I wake in the morning and do yoga. I make the tea and have it ready when I am done with yoga (I don't like to eat/drink anything before yoga) It is very soothing and then by the time I actually get to work my digestive system feels in sync and I can actually eat a light breakfast. If you have not tried the fennel tea, I would recommend it. I sweeten mine though with regular sugar. I cannot drink it plain.

--------------------
When all else fails.....have tea.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 724 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3058

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review