All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
night sweats
      #351474 - 11/02/09 08:31 AM
DanaDivine

Reged: 09/30/09

Anyone else get night sweats? Lately I wake up sweating lightly some nights, but last night I woke up absolutely drenched. It was disturbing. I even took my temperature and it was actually a little below normal. I felt fine otherwise. The only thing I've done differently is start the hypnotherapy program half a week ago.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: night sweats new
      #351507 - 11/02/09 03:53 PM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

Were you having any IBS symptoms?
I sometimes wake up like that when I have trapped gas and before my mind wakes me up, my body is already reacting.
OR
How old are you cause my Doc told me its time for hot flashes to begin and they do!I'm 35 and its been happening for a few years.

OR
when I am having an anxiety attack I sweat alot and feel like I am going to pass out.Happens at night too while sleeping.I have a nightmare/anxiety attack and wake up sweating and need to open the window a bit.

HTH
Christina

Oh another time I had the night sweats was when I was withdrawing all the narcotics the damn docs fed me while in for emergency gallbladder surgery.That was awful!
I'm guessing thats not it though

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

#351514 - 11/02/09 05:57 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

Yep. Unfortunately quite often. And for no reason at all. I'm not having and ibs attack. I don't have anxiety issues. I just wake up absolutely soaked and usually shivering because of it. My GP says "you're a woman". Hmmm, I've had night sweats for about the last 6 or 7 years... I'm 33. I haven't found anything which helps unfortunately either. I try to go to sleep a little cooler than I would like to be, and lately, sticking my feet out of the blankets.

Good luck!!!

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

#351518 - 11/02/09 07:20 PM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

Dana, try sleeping with your window cracked just a small amount. Not enough to freeze you, but to let in a little fresh air. I do that in the winter too. Supposed to very healthy. I have done it for years now. I am only 30, and was getting a little sweaty, but the cool air in the BR solved the problem.

#351603 - 11/04/09 08:19 AM
DanaDivine

Reged: 09/30/09

Wasn't having any IBS symptoms, or anxiety, and I'm only 26. Maybe my body was just fighting off swine flu, I had been recently exposed to it. *shrug*

#351634 - 11/04/09 02:21 PM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

I also sleep with the window cracked at night.

It doesn't matter that you are only 26 really,you can still have hot flashes.My Docter said she had from the mid twenties.
Oh the joys of being a woman.

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

#351661 - 11/05/09 05:35 AM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

Do any of you have a sleep disorder? I have sleep apnea and didn't know it for years. I snored like a bull. I found out that the sweats were from that. I would wake up drenched. I am sleeping with a cpap machine now and the sweats are gone.

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

#351683 - 11/05/09 11:35 AM
keldeb

Reged: 11/03/09

How old are you? Sounds like perimenopause to me.

#351684 - 11/05/09 11:38 AM
keldeb

Reged: 11/03/09

I started having night sweats at age 40. The only thing that helped was estrogen. OBGYN said that's the first sign you're estrogen levels are falling. Get it checked out. It's well worth it!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4024 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3358

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review