All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Vomiting with IBS is a real symptom
      #348845 - 08/08/09 10:03 PM
goldiloks72

Reged: 07/28/09

A New York GI doctor of over 30 years has finally answered this question for me. YES in his experience he has seen numerous patients with IBS that have not only had symptoms of vomiting but, projectile vomiting. After doing every test I could do and all them come back normal and then my doctor telling me he has never seen vomiting with IBS I have finally found out from someone very experienced in the medical field that I am not crazy. This has been a scary road of not knowing what is happening to me for me. Now that I do know I have this condition after all these tests I am glad to have found this site to help me hopefully control these violent and painful attacks.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Vomiting with IBS is a real symptom new
      #348849 - 08/09/09 08:02 AM
Aly

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Columbus, Ohio

have you had a gastric emptying scan? I just had one and was diagnosed with gastroparesis, which they believe is causing most ofmy symptoms. i'm currently in the hospital and they are trying to help get me back on track after a week of violent vomiting and pains... but they think the gastroparesis is my problem, possibly not even ibs... so we'll see.
just a thought.

--------------------
IBS-A

#348850 - 08/09/09 08:07 AM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

Oh, I am so sorry Aly, that you are so ill. You must have your laptop with you. Get well soon!

#348854 - 08/09/09 11:57 AM
Aly

yes, amen for free wi-fi!
It's a nice change of pace to be able to get online here..
Thanks!

--------------------
IBS-A

#348856 - 08/09/09 01:25 PM
goldiloks72

Oh my gosh Aly. I am so sorry you are so sick. This is so awful! I see my doctor next week and I will ask him about this. I hope you feel better soon!

#348866 - 08/09/09 06:50 PM
Aly

just another thought. Does this new doc think the vomiting is from the IBS itself or the pain? I always felt like when I'd get the intense cramping pains I was vomiting bc of that...but I wonder if IBS itself causes the vomiting. Do you get sick without the cramping?
just curious!

--------------------
IBS-A

#348868 - 08/09/09 07:05 PM
goldiloks72

That I am not sure of. I feel great most of the time. It is when I get to a certain level of pain in which I vomit. I can have the pain without vomiting but when it gets to a certain level I feel like I am dying.

#348946 - 08/11/09 07:52 PM
mbaillieul

Reged: 01/08/09

I had a number of episodes of vomiting and I do attribute it to the pain associated with the attack. I was doing pretty well, but for the past three weeks things haven't been so good. I am so tired of being AWARE of my stomach, intestines, "innards", whatever. Normal people just don't spend all day being aware = they just seem to BE. Tired of it. Here I am at 60, probably have had this problem for 20-30 years.

#349457 - 08/25/09 06:49 PM
CasyLuv

Reged: 07/27/09

Yup, I have vomited during long, painful bouts!! My family has even found me unconscious, on the toilet and called the ambulance!
Imagin coming around and seeing strangers in the bathroom with you when they weren't there when you went in!! YIKES!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 364 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3238

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review