All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Having problems with gluten, corn, wheat, tomato, chile, beef, pork
      #346779 - 06/03/09 10:17 AM
nmcaliente

Reged: 07/31/08

Acupuncturist checked for problems with gluten, corn, wheat, tomato, chile, beef, pork. Said I needed to stay away from them for awhile. Problem I was still getting bloated and gasy. On following visit he said something I was eating still bothering me.

I have been eating fish,chicken,potatoes,squash,zucchini,blueberries,cantalope,watermelon,soy milk,tapioca bread and taking benefiber. When I was eating this I had 3 days of BM's on my own. I ate gluten free flax cereal, and gluten free choc. chip cookies and it was a disaster I stopped going on my own and started getting gasy and bloated. Found out 2 prod. had sorghum flour. Googled and found out that is corn flour so stopped eating them, but I was still getting bloated and gasy.

Checked into benefiber and even though it stays it is gluten free. when I googled there website says it has traces of gluten. Stopped taking benefiber.
Yesterday tried drinking blueberry fruit smoothie with soy milk and that bloated and made me gasy.
Does anyone have any suggestions what soluable fiber I could eat? I looked at Heather's list for what to eat when you can't eat anything else most of the list has gluten products. I was able to eat rice, but I need to eat both soluable and insoluable fiber to keep stool at a consistency where I can have BM's on my own and I don't know how to get back to the 3 days when I was able to go on my own.

Does anyone have problems with vitamin B12 pills? Any suggestions on anything will be greatly
appreciated.
Wished I hadn't had surgery, but I have to move forward and start from beginning. Trying to stay positive

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Having problems with gluten, corn, wheat, tomato, chile, beef, pork new
      #346784 - 06/03/09 11:39 AM
Kappy

Reged: 10/09/08
Loc: Mississippi

Whole Wheat, beef, and pork are IBS triggers, so you definitely need to stay away from them!

Blueberries are insoluble fiber, so you need to mix maybe a banana or something of that nature with your smoothie. Maybe even some acacia fiber in the smoothie.

Some people have a hard time with soy. I can't handle soy milk. I get bloated, gassy, and have colonic spasms. It's very hard for me to digest as well. You might want to switch to rice or almond milk for a dairy substitute. I love the rice milk. It is alot thinner than soy and is kinda sweet. IMO it is very palatable.

Do you know for sure you have a gluten intolerance? that is something you need to see the dr. about, and get real answers on that.

Does oatmeal have gluten?

I eat oatmeal with acacia every morning with a glass of rice milk and a cup of blueberries/strawberries/blackberries/raspberries (whatever is available) in my oatmeal.

There are also many gluten free food stuffs to eat. I have a rice pasta that is GF and it is great! DeBoles makes it. You can eat the packaged salmon/tuna with some rice or rice pasta. Applesauce, bananas, carrots, soy yogurt (one thing I can tolerate besides soy milk) Mango, potatoes, sweet potatoes, dried fruits are excellent source of IF. www.naturespath.com has a wonderful variety of gluten free cereals and products that are very good and most of them are safe foods. I especially like the gorilla munch and the leaping lemurs and animal crackers.

I hope that helps.

Kappy

--------------------
IBS-C, Gas, Bloating, HURTING!

I'm married and it's so wonderful!

#346789 - 06/03/09 01:04 PM
butterbean

Reged: 01/25/09
Loc: California

If you can't have anything gluten it then look up a gluten free diet on google or yahoo. then compare that with what is on IBS diet and modify the gluten free as needed to eliminate what has gluten from the ibs lit and what are triggers from gluten free list and then you will have a list of foods that can eat. I hope this makes sense... it does in my head LOL But reading is a different story LOL As Kappy said beef and pork are big no no's on the ibs diet.

--------------------
IBS-D, GAD (general anxiety disorder), Major Recurrent Depression, GERD (gastric reflux disease), Hiatal Hernia, PTSD

#346812 - 06/03/09 07:24 PM
lardman

Reged: 06/03/09
Loc: MI

Have you checked out citrucel? It is a soluble fiber that you mix with a liquid and drink. I used to take that. I hear blueberries, although they are very good for you, they are very hard to digest. I feel for you, figuring out what and what not to eat was the hardest part. I bought Heather's book back in 2001, it was very helpful, but not everyone with IBS can eat the same things. I couldn't eat all the spices or fiber that were recommended in the cookbook. Good luck!

#346818 - 06/04/09 04:44 AM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

One other thing to add is that watermelon can be really hard on you too.I know I can't eat it anymore either.
Like Kappy said soy is hard too and I can't do it either.

When you say surgery, what did you have?Gallbladder?

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

#346865 - 06/04/09 06:41 PM
nmcaliente

Reged: 07/31/08

pelvic floor dysfunction, prolapsed rectum, rectocele,

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1203 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2112

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review