All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Testing my son?
      #345670 - 05/06/09 09:09 AM
mrae

Reged: 02/05/09
Loc: California

Well my 11yr old son has had stomach issue just like me. I mean to the t its crazy how his isn't even a little different than mine. I noticed when he stresses it is worse which is exactly what I do. Anyway since I have found out I am allergic to wheat I have heard this can run in the family. He came home from school today with stomach problems which I have to say he has had under control pretty well lately but I am thinking about getting him tested for a wheat/gluten intolerance. What do you guys think? Does this run in the family or could his just be stress related. I would rather be safe and get the test done instead of feeding him stuff his body can't handle. He has not had his symptoms but for about a year. Also he gets upset and very irritable and I know that also could be triggered by wheat/gluten. Any one have the same issue with their kids?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Testing my son? new
      #345929 - 05/12/09 11:47 AM
KatheC

Reged: 04/20/09
Loc: AZ, USA

My son also shows same symptoms as I do, at times. When he was in third grade he got walking phenumonia and the docs gave him antibiotics. It seems after that spell, he's had stomach issues. He doesn't tolerate milk products and gets some of the same symptoms I have. Luckily, it't not weekly like me. He's 13 now and he's much better than me when something doesn't agree with him, he doesn't eat it again. I've never had him tested, because I blame it on the antibiotics. All my problems came after I took my first batch of antibiotics too, and it wasn't till he got sick did I relate the two incidents. My father had similar issues when he was alive, and my brother also has a sensitive stomach, so think it runs in our genes too.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3019 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 843

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review