All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Question for the girls
      #345102 - 04/27/09 08:41 AM
mrae

Reged: 02/05/09
Loc: California

I don't mean to get real personal but I really want to know if this is part of ibs or might be something else. Does anyone else have sharp pains while having sex? There are times that I feel like theres a knife stabbing me during this and is extremely painful. It doesn't happen all the time but alot of the time. Its almost like there is something in the way and its getting hit. Don't know if that makes sense but don't know how else to explain it.
------------------------------
IBS-D

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Question for the girls new
      #345105 - 04/27/09 09:22 AM
Kappy

Reged: 10/09/08
Loc: Mississippi

Yes it can sometimes be painful. I have no idea what it is either, but if you are bloated or in pain, it's probably best to wait until you feel better.

--------------------
IBS-C, Gas, Bloating, HURTING!

I'm married and it's so wonderful!

#345109 - 04/27/09 09:39 AM
pinkydinks

Reged: 04/27/09

I used to get that alot.

You should talk to your gp about it as it could be something else and not neccessarily you ibs causing the pain.

I had other problems as well as painfull intercourse, Bad - heavy, long and painful periods, diarrheoaand cramps and after a laparoscopy I was diagnosed with enometriosis, I was treated for this and the pain during intercourse stopped. It was fantastic as I'd suffered for so long.

However I still have really bad IBS, it really gets me down and intercourse can occasionally be abit painfull if my bowels are full!!

So I would say spaek to your gp about it incase its not linked to your ibs.

#345167 - 04/28/09 06:22 AM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

I too get sharp pains sometimes .My doc said it could be a recurring bladder infection but most likely is this...
Your bladder intestine and cervix are all right in the same spot. LOVELY! So if you have bowel issues and they are very tender...pain.If you have bladder issues...pain and put that all together ...pain.
I also have a tilted uterus and that causes pain too.Sometimes when my hubby isn't too gentle it hurts like the dickens.Enough for me to tell him to stop.

It wouldn't hurt though to go get it checked out.It could be simple as an infection that really doesn't show a lot of symptoms.
Do you get this pain all the time?

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

#345173 - 04/28/09 07:13 AM
mrae

Reged: 02/05/09
Loc: California

Not all the time but more often than not and there has been a few times where it has just about brought me to tears. I never had this issue until my ibs issues started but I have noticed it is getting worse as time goes on.

#345193 - 04/28/09 11:20 AM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

I don't get it all the time either and I agree it correlates to how your ibs is at the moment .Also where I am in my cycle.
It won't hurt to go see the doctor though.
Good luck.

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2718 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1867

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review