Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: Hey Kappy new
      #345656 - 05/06/09 07:57 AM
Kappy

Reged: 10/09/08
Loc: Mississippi

HA! Love you too!

Thanks for the quote I will have to remember that one!

The scallops were probably bad to begin with!

Fiance and I ate at Red Lobster last weekend. I ate the Maui Luau Shrimp and Salmon with rice and broccoli (didn't eat the broccoli to scared I'd have bad gas on the ride home ) It was soooooo good! He had cheesecake for desert and I ate a bite, it was dreamy and creamy!

And No problems the next day!

--------------------
IBS-C, Gas, Bloating, HURTING!

I'm married and it's so wonderful!

Edited by Kappy (05/06/09 07:58 AM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Vegan - Lisa Marie new
      #345659 - 05/06/09 08:02 AM
Kappy

No ma'am you did not say anything to offend me! I promise. I was actually talking about something else, but it came out wrong! I'm sorry for any misunderstandings!

I enjoy eating vegan (sometimes, I'm not 100% vegan). I can't do soy milk right now either, I'm going to have to try it from a different angle next time instead of all at once, I need to ease into it. I am not totally vegan, however, I do eat fish, seafood, and the occasional chicken, but I don't like the way chicken makes me feel. The fish and seafood are actualy my preference!

I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings, I didn't mean to!

I know what you mean when you get irritated when people say you can't get all nutrients from vegan diet. I feel the same way!

--------------------

Re: Vegan - Let's all get along! new
      #345672 - 05/06/09 11:05 AM
butterbean

Reged: 01/25/09
Loc: California

I don't see where it says in any of the posts that you can't get any nutrients at all from a vegan diet. my comments were for me PERSONALLY not for everyone. We are all different. Some of the fake meats are soy which are hard for me to adjust to and I have tried several times starting out slow. I just hate that this board has become a debate board and people read things into posts that aren't there.

--------------------
IBS-D, GAD (general anxiety disorder), Major Recurrent Depression, GERD (gastric reflux disease), Hiatal Hernia, PTSD

Ok. how bout we start over? new
      #345674 - 05/06/09 11:33 AM
Kappy

I wasn't debating anything. The way I read your post was that you can't get any protein being vegan. But there are plenty of other sources of proteins, and they are not all IF.

I can't digest soy products well myself. I am not vegan, either, but there are other protein sources than just meat.

I'm sorry if I offended you, butterbean. Your post just came across the wrong way, I guess.

So sorry.

Kappy

--------------------

Re: Ok. how bout we start over? new
      #345679 - 05/06/09 11:41 AM
butterbean

I said in my post that most of your protein would come from IF not all and I didn't say that a vegan diet was not healthy either. I did not think about the fake meats as I don't use them.. well not yet lol So that was a mistake on my part as well. I wasn't trying to offend anyone either but my post sure got jumped on quick. Ok new slate ... agreed :-)

--------------------
IBS-D, GAD (general anxiety disorder), Major Recurrent Depression, GERD (gastric reflux disease), Hiatal Hernia, PTSD

I actually do not new
      #345681 - 05/06/09 11:44 AM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I think lean fish and poultry are easier to digest than the meat alternatives. It isn't easier on the animal though LOL. Most of the fake meats are full of msg type crap and even tofu can cause gassiness when not used to it. Also beans are really difficult and lentils and certain grains and other go-to vegan foods are tough to digest. But vegan diets are lean and uber healthy for the most part, especially when lots of *different* veggies are eaten.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: I actually do not
      #345682 - 05/06/09 11:47 AM
butterbean

Well that cuts out those fake meats that have msg as I can not do msg at all. It sends me straight to the restroom.

--------------------

Same here - funny email I got today....
      #345686 - 05/06/09 12:16 PM
Kappy

Here here! I second that motion, no "fake meats" for me either!

Fish is my protein! Poor fishies....

I just got an email that was called "What's For Dinner" and it said:

"Can't eat pork.... swine flu

Can't eat chicken... bird flu

Can't eat beef.... mad cow

Can't eat eggs.... salmonella

Can't eat fish.... heavy metal poisons in their water

Can't eat fruits/veggies..... insectisides/herbicides...

So what to eat??? That leaves only chocolate and ice cream!!!

Haha... What is STRESSED spelled backwards DESSERTS.... hahahahahha"

I laughed my butt off when I saw this email. I hope it made you smile too!

--------------------

butterbean/kappy
      #345691 - 05/06/09 12:40 PM
osbo54

Reged: 09/04/08

Let's all take a very deep breath! Just kiddin! I can't do soy much either, and I am not big on the fake products or soy milk. Yuck. But, that's just my opinion.

Re: butterbean/kappy
      #345697 - 05/06/09 02:21 PM
butterbean

I am going to try tofu so I can get more protein. But am going to take it slow because from what I read it contains soy. Soy is rich and thick compared to rice milk. I never was a milk drinker to begin with but I need my vitamins and calcium however I can get them and still be safe. Its hard because I am very limited as to what I can eat right now.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 768 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 14379

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review