All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
OSBO!! EFT
      #344913 - 04/23/09 06:55 PM
Rebecca1013

Reged: 04/05/09
Loc: Catasauqua Pennsylvania

Osbo, I made the mistake of taking a nap after work.....and always when i take a nap i wake up hungry for sweets, i thought awwww one little baby snickers bar won't hurt, then I had three i was ok for about an dhour and a half, and when i was just about done with my yoga i started cramping realllly bad like where i couldn't even stand up, i went to go take a bath, no better...then i went laid in bed and thought to myself good god this is awful, with that i figured why not try the eft, you know what immediatly after i was done it began to subside, and within 15 min all the pain was gone except for a dull ache in my belly! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR TELLING ME ABOUT THIS! I am going to do two things....stay away from snickers bars lol and order the videos....i only had the printable rundown at this point. THANKS AGAIN!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: OSBO!! EFT new
      #344918 - 04/23/09 07:18 PM
hawkeye

Reged: 06/16/03
Loc: NYC

Translation please? EFT?

--------------------
Ladies & gentlemen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

#344920 - 04/23/09 07:28 PM
osbo54

Reged: 09/04/08

You are so welcome, Rebecca. I had a serious case of insomnia last night. I did two rounds of tapping, and went to sleep soon after that.

I used it on my back several weeks ago. I had bent down to get the hair dryer from under the sink, and when I stood up a pain ripped through my back. I did several rounds of tapping and just a soreness remained. Since, I fractured my back last year, all I could think was surgery, so EFT saved the day.

It is a wonderful tool and well worth the price of the cd's.
Lynn

#344929 - 04/23/09 08:06 PM
osbo54

Hawkeye,

It is Emotional Freedom Technique. You can go to the website at emofree.com and read about it. Or just do a search for Gary Craig and it will come up.

It is a form of tapping energy meridian points on the body, such as in acupuncture. It is not a "woo-woo" thing, but a much accepted form of therapy in mainstream medicine. It has been shown to give immediate relief to some situations in a person's life, and at other times it may take a little more tapping. You can teach yourself and work alone, or if you choose, seek out a clinician to work with you at first. You might want to ask your therapist about it. He/she may be aware of what it is about.

You can download the manual for free from the website, and if you want to give it a real go, you can order the cd's.

I know some of your issues from reading your posts, and I thought about mentioning it to you before, but I didn't know how open you would be to it. Some folks are bothered by anything that does not fall into mainstream Western medicine, although it has gained acceptance in many circles.

HTH

#344983 - 04/25/09 06:52 AM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

Intriguing!! I'm gonna check that out! I have tinnatus and can't sleep because of it. I'm willing to try anything non-prescription!!

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

#344991 - 04/25/09 09:50 AM
osbo54

Go for it, Toady, and give yourself some time to really learn it. You will be surprised!

By the way, Toady, great pic!

EFT worked for headache today too yay!! -nt- new
      #344999 - 04/25/09 12:22 PM
Rebecca1013

Reged: 04/05/09
Loc: Catasauqua Pennsylvania

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1765 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2256

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review