All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Something is working...I am very happy..
      #343587 - 03/24/09 09:09 AM
Agustin

Reged: 03/24/09

I am taking the peppermint pills, the Organic Acacia Fiber and listing to the Audio discs for the past month. Things improved from the first day I started. I still have bouts of IBS but not as often or as severe. I am taking the low dose of the fiber (1/2 teaspoon). My question, will I become addicted to all of these, or will there be a time when I will not need this anymore? If this is for life, I have no problem with it. I mentioned this to my doctor on my last visit and he wants me to email him your email address. Can I do that? Thank you.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Something is working...I am very happy.. new
      #343590 - 03/24/09 10:03 AM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

I dont take any of those things,I have only done the cd program and I follow the diet when bad tummy days happen but I almost never have a flare up anymore.
The cd program saved my life!!

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

Re: Something is working...I am very happy.. Dragonfly new
      #343601 - 03/24/09 12:43 PM
mrae

Reged: 02/05/09
Loc: California

I see that you are IBS-D but say you do not take the tummy fiber and have only listened to the cds. So do you take any medication for your IBS? If so what and if not how do you stay stable. I to have IBS-D and would like to stay stable.

Re: Something is working...I am very happy.. new
      #343616 - 03/24/09 06:44 PM
glasgowgirl

Reged: 09/01/08
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

You're not going to get addicted to the peppermint caps and the fiber. However they're a way to manage your IBS not cure it. IBS is a chronic condition and one way or another you'll need to deal with it throughout your life.

Have you thought about upping your fibre dose to help stop those attacks? Are you sticking to the diet guidelines?

As for your Dr it's perfectly OK to give him the web site address. After all this is publicly available information. You could also end up helping other people by letting your Dr know about this site.

--------------------
Stable IBS D

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1553 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1273

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review