All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
eating lettuce salad
      #343206 - 03/12/09 10:14 PM
DEEDEEB

Reged: 12/10/08

I have a question on eating lettuce salad. with my IBS D I find I have a hard time eating any kind of fruits nor vegetables, so don't eat them. which I know is not a great ids, but when they make you sick, you soon find what to eat and not to eat. So I am using juice juice plus which is full of fruit and veggitables in tablet form
My question was someone I know was on a certain diet, and they said they eat lettuce salad everyday, but they eat it at the last of the meal as then the food is alredy digested, and it does not bother. Has anyone of you of you ny experienced this. I love lettuce salad bvut do not eat any becuas of this
Let me know and thanks so much
Dee

--------------------
DeeDeeB
I have learned that the Lord didn't do it al in one day. What makes me think I can?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: eating lettuce salad new
      #343215 - 03/13/09 09:52 AM
Kappy

Reged: 10/09/08
Loc: Mississippi

I eat my salads at the end of the meal or in the middle. That way I have some "cushion" for the salad. It's not necessarily that the food has digested, it just kinda "sugar coats" the lettuce and IF that is in the salad. I also use light oil and vinegar dressing. I usually dip my fork in it and then stab a piece of lettuce, that way I'm not getting very much of the oil. I can't handle fatty foods very well at all. HTH

--------------------
IBS-C, Gas, Bloating, HURTING!

I'm married and it's so wonderful!

#343233 - 03/13/09 09:54 PM
DEEDEEB

thanks very much. I will try it andse what happens. Maybe that will work. I love salad and sometimes get a craving for it, but so afriad to try it in fear of getting sick, and there is nothing worse
I will try this

--------------------
DeeDeeB
I have learned that the Lord didn't do it al in one day. What makes me think I can?

#343245 - 03/14/09 03:23 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

When I get ravenously hungry after a couple days of D, I get cravings for salad. (?!?) So I understand your cravings-- But I still think it's sick that our bodies crave things that wreak such havoc on our guts. Sick sick sick.

I agree that it's a good idea to have the salad at the middle or end of the meal. The other food cushions the Insoluble fiber so you're less likely to have tummy problems. Only a little less likely, but you know what I mean.

~nelly~

#343268 - 03/14/09 09:06 PM
DEEDEEB

I absolutely know what you mean. Sometimes I think is it even worth craving these things when I know there might be this slim chance i will get sick, sik, sick, and i have benthrough this so many times, simetimes I just think it is not worth it
thanks so much for the postand

--------------------
DeeDeeB

Evil digestive system new
      #343300 - 03/15/09 08:32 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

When I get sick, like I want to throw my hands up in the air, I'll just eat everything I want, knowing I'll be sick anyway, so why not have a grilled cheese and some ice cream??????

Ever get the feeling that when our body was choosing sides, the stomach was definitely like, "I'm going to be AGAINST all the rest of you guys. Face, back, taste buds, tongue, rectum, you're ALL on your own!"

Evil digestive system. Just can't get along.

~nelly~

Re: Evil digestive system new
      #343301 - 03/15/09 09:39 PM
DEEDEEB

Oh I get so frustrated, as I can be so careful what I at, and then all of a sudden, wow, watch out, I get these stomach cramps, whether I eat right or not. I just tell my husband I just can't handle this any more, but i do. becuase I have to
I don't understand why ther eis nothing out there to relaly help us. We really suffer
someone once said people think your problem ins in your head. That is so tre. and sometimes I want to say I wish it were

--------------------
DeeDeeB

#343309 - 03/16/09 08:24 AM
Kappy

Reged: 10/09/08
Loc: Mississippi

As bad as my stomach hurts right now, if this was all in my head, I would have died from the migraine! Ha. Does that make sense? It's kinda a joke, but not funny or sort of funny in a sick kinda way. They really do need something to help us, really help. I had to go get groceries the other day at wal-mart. I was so hungry when I went in there, and there were so many good easter candies, everywhere!!! I used to love the cadbury mini chocolate candy covered eggs and the peeps. So I bought some, not even worried about my stomach, and ate the whole bag of the chocolate candy covered eggs!!! Oh, was that a mistake, but I would be hurting even if I hadn't have eaten them! that was my first slip up in a while, too. I did eat all of the marshmallow peeps, they are all natural, and contain no HFCs. They are just sugar and corn syrup. No artificial flavors or sugars, and oh so good and sweet and fluffy. That was so bad! I still feel bad today, I don't think I can eat anything today. So much bad gas and bloating, retaining fluids (pants don't fit), bad mood, don't want to even talk my stomach hurts, but I keep trying to push through to stay at work, blah blah blah. I hate work right now! Sorry, had to get all that off the chest!

--------------------
IBS-C, Gas, Bloating, HURTING!

I'm married and it's so wonderful!

#343314 - 03/16/09 10:00 AM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

I TOTALLY agree, Nelly!

#343349 - 03/16/09 09:49 PM
DEEDEEB

Oh my goodness, I bet that did not agree with you
I have the IBS D and if I ate that chocolate eggs believe me i probably owuld not even get to the bathroom in time
It is so frustating however, as there are so many things I owuld love to eat, but know better
Last night, and i know better, I had chocolate marshmellow icecream, my favorite. Well, needless to say, it made me so sick. Willnot do that again
today took one immodium. I don't know what to do any more
I think I am going to start taking one immodium a day and see if that helps
who in the heck knows
i walked a lot today as it was so nice here but who kows what my IVS will be like tomorrow
Hang in there

--------------------
DeeDeeB

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4089 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4128

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review