All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Sad and Lonely
      #343042 - 03/09/09 11:55 AM
Kappy

Reged: 10/09/08
Loc: Mississippi

Does anyone else get depressed about your insides? I have been following guidelines, eating healthy, safe foods, and taking supplements, but I just can't get my stomach to quit hurting! It's very depressing. I hate it, and I don't know why it has to be me!

Does anyone else feel this way?

The only persont that understands is my fiance, Todd. He is so great! I feel like I'm the only one around this area with IBS. I live in a small town, and barely anyone has heard of IBS. I've put off the hypnosis for a while, there's too much going on with the wedding and work and his school, I just don't have the time right now. Any advise on how to get out of the dumps about IBS?

On top of that, It's been the Monday from HELL! I just got over PINK EYE and then after going to the Eye doctor to get it checked, and yes he said I was ok to come back to work I fell in the parking lot of the bank and tore my knee and my thigh highs to pieces! I hate Mondays! Everything is going wrong, I just need some cheering up! Todd is usually my cheerer upper, but he can't be with me at work

--------------------
IBS-C, Gas, Bloating, HURTING!

I'm married and it's so wonderful!

Edited by Kappy (03/09/09 12:01 PM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Sad and Lonely new
      #343044 - 03/09/09 12:31 PM
Runs No Fun

Reged: 12/02/08
Loc: Long Island, NY

Hang in there, Kappy. On the bright side, things can only get better.

You're very lucky to have a partner that understands!

Yeah, I get depressed over my ongoing IBS. It's not just humiliating and debilitating but it really gets me crazy to think that some friends may think I'm nuts. I try to tell myself that what they think shouldn't bother me and SOMETIMES I can actually believe that, but sometimes it gets the better of me.

FWIW - I'm surprised your doctor told you to go back to work today. Isn't pink eye highly contagious?

--------------------
Saul (IBS - D)

#343045 - 03/09/09 12:56 PM
Kappy

Thanks for the encouraging words! Todd is a wonderful partner, I wish everyone could have someone like him, and the world would be a much happier place!

Pink Eye is highly contagious. I've had it for a while. i didn't work Thursday or Friday last week, and I took good care of myself this weekend with antibiotic eye drops, plenty of rest, and healthy foods. So it cleared up, he said it must not have been a full blown pink eye. He said pink eye is #19 and what I had could've been #18 or #21 whatever that means, I guess just another form of viral infection. But it's all clear. I'm still on the drops for a few more days just to make sure, but I just didn't want to come to work! ha ha. Thank you again!

--------------------

#343047 - 03/09/09 01:17 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Kappy,

I'm sorry that you are feeling down. I think we have all been there at some point. IBS is something that controls you mentally and physically and it is not something you can talk to people about.

You are very lucky to have someone is your life that understands and supports you. Try to focus on the positives in your life. If you focus on the things you can't eat or the things you feel you can't do it will only cause you to feel more down.

Those of us with IBS do have different things to deal with on a daily basis but life is good even with IBS.

I hope that you are feeling better.

--------------------
Janey

#343048 - 03/09/09 01:41 PM
Kappy

Thank you, Janey. I think that the day has somewhat turned around! I still have a basketball on my belly, but the good thing is I'm not hurting like I was this morning!

I am going to take your advise and focus on the positives! There are so many more positives than the negatives! And hey, at least I am over the Pink Eye!

Thanks again, I just needed some cheering up!

--------------------

#343053 - 03/09/09 02:54 PM
CharlotteMiranda

Reged: 06/02/05
Loc: Berlin, Germany

"Life is good even with IBS" - that is a nice little motto, I will remember that one for the times i feel depressed by my IBS, to remind me of all the good things i have in my life. I hope you are feeling better Kappy - i know it can be so frustrating when you feel like you're trying so hard and it doesn't seem to be working. But i would say about the hypno - you can do it right before you go to sleep so it doesn't really have to take any time out of your day - and i do think it's helping me, as i have been feeling a bit better recently (although not this evening as i ate too much - ouch!)

#343057 - 03/09/09 03:39 PM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

Kappy -
It's just been a "sucky" day for both of us!
BUT - In spite of my anxiety, fear, pain, I keep trying to self-talk and remind myself, have I been here before? (Yes), did I make it? (Yes). But, sometimes it just takes so long, not like a 24-hour virus!
I'm going to pray and believe that when you wake up in the morning you are 100% better, head to toe, and have the best Tuesday ever! Give your Todd a special hug for being so understanding - they are few and far between - friends, too - I know of what you speak. They just can't understand so they assume it's "your nerves" (I detest that one!) or "its all in your head" (Yeah, my head, my chest, my stomach, my intestines, my colon, my joints!!!! )
Be good to yourself tonight.
((Hugs)) Dorothy

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

#343063 - 03/09/09 04:09 PM
Aly

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Columbus, Ohio

Oh GaGa! I feel your pain! I had the worst IBS attack last Thursday. I had been pretty stable and not had anything go wrong probably since October. But it's that moment it hits that panic races back in. I needed a mantra, but instead counted...that always seems to distract me. As the intense pain comes (I call them my contractions..lol) I count and tell myself it's always over by 100...which it never makes it to. Count count count! That's the only way to get through.
But at the end of the day, I just realized it certainly wasn'y anything I ate...could have been stress, could have been anything. If I try to figure out what it was, it only causes me more worry, ya know? If I say it was the stress of driving out of town, then every time I drive out of town I'll make myself sick worrying about getting sick! lol. it sounds funny but it really is true for me. So, I just erase the day and am thankful I had MONTHS in between this attack and the last!
Hope you're better by now!
Aly

--------------------
IBS-A

#343068 - 03/09/09 04:46 PM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

Aly, You Sweet Thing!
Thank you for all your kind thoughts!!! I know that I know that i know if I could manage stress better, I would have less IBS attacks. I think I need a personality transplant!
I pray you continue to have months and months until it becomes years and years between attacks until you are totally well!
((Hugs)) - Dorothy

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

#343075 - 03/09/09 08:39 PM
osbo54

Reged: 09/04/08

Hey Kappie sweetie,

We sometimes think that it is only us that suffer from this disorder, but you know what...there are many more than we think out there, that have the same thing. It is just not discussed.

We know that our family/friends are aware, and we know that the people on these boards are aware, but when we go outside of those circles and see all the people walking around just fine, we tend to get a little jealous. How come they can walk around and feel just fine, when I have to deal with this constant challenge?

I am here to tell you that those people you see walking around out there enjoying life, well I am sure there are quite a few of them with IBS. It just doesn't look that way, when you are in a down and depressed state of mind.

I used to moan and groan about the constant C, I have had since I was a child. I did not know it was IBS. But, I would let the world know I was miserable. But now, as I have gotten older, my symptoms have changed to include the lovely D to go along with the lovely C.

So, now I bless where I am at, because I know it could change in a heartbeat and be much worse than what it already is. Yes, I do bless it everyday, because I would prefer to be where I am at right now, than to be any worse off. I would love to be back at 'just C', because then I wouldn't go out and wonder where the john is, and I would know what to expect (with C you never need a john). If you have never experienced "The Potty Search", you just don't know what you're missing.

So, just know that most people out there have something going on in their lives. I used to work with a girl that had Crohn's disease, and I wasn't aware of it. I asked her one day how she managed to stay so thin. She looked at me point blank and said I have Crohn's disease. Then she went on to explain to me her daily struggles and it wasn't pretty. It surely put things in perspective for me.

I know at times IBS can seem like the worst, but try to focus on the better days, and more will follow.

And Kappy, get back to those hypno cd's as soon as you can. I am well past half-way, and they have worked wonders for me.

Lynn

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 526 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4126

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review