Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
what happened on the Idol results show?- nt
      #342894 - 03/05/09 03:10 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: what happened on the Idol results show?- nt new
      #342899 - 03/05/09 03:52 PM
osbo54

Reged: 09/04/08

The hispanic guy,(great voice), the blind guy,(who I love), and Lil (African-American gal with the BIG voice), all made it through. Sorry, I am just not good with remembering their names.

It's on tonight again for the wildcard show @ 8:00 on the east coast. They brought DRAMA QUEEN back for a second round, and they also brought back tatooed blondie for a repeat try. I think you said you liked someone named Ricky...well, I think they brought him back, too. There were 8 that they will give another chance to tonight.

I'm caught up -SPOILERS new
      #342917 - 03/05/09 07:00 PM
Little Minnie

I caught the wild card show luckily. I think they did poorly in letting the judges pick. Why on earth did they not just let the 3 people with the most votes from the previous shows move on!? I really don't like Megan's (tattoo girl) voice. She is very off key. I thought this was a singing competition. And I did want Ricky to move on but I don't think he did well enough tonight. I hated what Matt? wore like Simon said but his voice was excellent. And the other girl did pretty well- Jasmin. She has a very unique look and could be a very recognizable celebrity.
Did you know Jessie? (dark red hair that didn't make it through) is Johnny Lang's cousin? It was on our local news since they are from MN.
I have to say one more thing, I am tired of the songs that start too low and slow just to make a couple huge singing runs. They all tend to be so off key in the low intro before they get to the big parts. I don't know why so many songs are like that. When the singer is nervous the low notes go. And what is the deal with letting 13 people go on? I think Ricky was way better than Anoop. The judges just choose for popularity.
So for the 13 we have I want the young red head to win. I forgot her name now. She seems quite cool and talented.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: I'm caught up -SPOILERS new
      #342929 - 03/06/09 08:40 AM
osbo54

Yeah Minnie, sometimes, or should I say most times it is more about popularity/ratings more so than singing.

No, I didn't know about Jesse. She has a unique and unusual voice as does Megan.

I did pick David Cook from last year, only because I thought it was time for a rocker to win. After all, they screwed over Daughtry, but who's laughing all the way to the bank, now.

They all end up getting record deals (or some kind of deal) anyway, so they will all do OK. It seems, that the non-Idol winners do better than the winners most times.

idea new
      #343011 - 03/08/09 06:45 PM
Little Minnie

I recently read an article about my favorite author Jane Austen and how a writer changed her identity and the titles of her novels and then sent snippets to agents and publishers as if it was his own work. Only one was interested in looking into publishing the novel. The publishers really couldn't tell they were being submitted the greatest/favorite English novel of all time.

So I was thinking how much fun it would be to have a celebrity incognito on Idol and see if the judges could really spot the talent. Like Christina Aguillera in disguise, would they see the talent or not?

--------------------

Re: idea new
      #343023 - 03/09/09 06:02 AM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

That would be hilarious.

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

#343038 - 03/09/09 10:13 AM
osbo54

Would they see the talent, you ask? Probably not.

#343082 - 03/10/09 03:40 AM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

How could they not spot the talent in Christina Aguilera? The girl has some serious "chops"!

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

for sure new
      #343108 - 03/10/09 04:49 PM
Little Minnie

I was thinking today that the best incognito person would be Alanis Morisette. They may think she wasn't 'stage' material. But most likely they would say she was just doing a poor imitation of Alanis Morisette and she would have to laugh.

--------------------

Re: for sure new
      #343115 - 03/11/09 03:33 AM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

I can't help but be addicted to the show although these days, I record it so I can skip over the commercials and the some of the comments when I get annoyed. For me, that's the only way to watch these days.

Oh...and watching with my kids because they really think that if they lifted the age limit, I'd be a go! Gotta love kids! Good ego booster.

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 91 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2898

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review