Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
facial skin care
      #340773 - 01/13/09 12:26 PM
Jenny B

Reged: 03/27/07
Loc: Montana

Hey everyone,

I am just putting my feelers out there to see if anyone can give me some advice on how to keep their skin clear. My face has been really taken a hit over the last 6 months, I get really deep blemishes that hurt terribly and then when they try to heal up they get dry, crack and feel tight. Plus, my skin is super sensitive, so that doesn't help matters. My skin also gets really red and irritated. Most of my breakouts are centered on my chin and around the sides of my mouth and my upper forehead as well.

Right now I am using Burt's Bees Chamomile and Soap Bark cleanser with a little baking soda ( I know its weird but I've read that it helps to exfoliate the skin) mixed in. I try to put a Burts Bees lotion on during the day, but sometimes my face just feels oil after that.

I am just so frustrated because I am a 21 year old college student and sometimes I feel like a 13 year old girl again, it is really quite embarassing and I'm sure you all can relate to a drop in self-esteem when a break out occurs.

I use only natural/organic cleansers as well. I don't want to use cleansers with parabens or sulfates because those are really harmful and hurtful to my skin.

Well, thanks for any help!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: facial skin care new
      #340774 - 01/13/09 12:34 PM

Unregistered

Have you tried Proactiv? It has worked wonders for my 13 year old. I wish you luck.

#340778 - 01/13/09 03:38 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

My skin breaks out on the entire forehead, between my eyebrows and on my chin. I used Proactive toner (the green stuff) and it cleared it up. (The toner is strong on my sensitive skin, tho, so I dab it on and wash it off with water right away, or else it'll burn.) HTH!

~nelly~

#340802 - 01/14/09 08:50 AM
Karen18

Reged: 06/05/06
Loc: Near Philadelphia, PA

Proactive really works, but it can be expensive. If you're on a budget, try Basis Facial Cleanser. It has aloe and some other natural ingredients, so it isn't too harsh. It removes oil, dirt and makeup better than anything I've ever used. It can make your skin feel tight or dry, so follow-up with Purpose moisturizer. A dermatologist recommended those two products to me, and I rarely have a breakout.

I usually order these products from drugstore.com, because I can't always find them in the stores.

#340827 - 01/14/09 06:30 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Both my son and my niece had a terrible problem with acne when they were in high school and they used proactive. It worked wonders. I don't know how it would be with sensative skin though.

They do have a website and maybe you can check out the ingredients.

--------------------
Janey

#340831 - 01/14/09 07:11 PM
glasgowgirl

Reged: 09/01/08
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

I'd be carful with abrasive exfoliants. You can cause worsen your skin by using them. I use a peel from phytomer once a week to remove the dead skin cells.

--------------------
Stable IBS D

#340836 - 01/14/09 08:01 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

It's a little pricey, but I swear by Arbonne products. They have a line for acne, and I used to take their skin supplement which TOTALLY cleared my skin up. I stopped taking it while pregnant and haven't started it again. But their products contain no preservatives or animal products, which is why I like them so much:) I have been using their anti-aging line for several years and I LOVE it.

I became a "consultant", which really just means I get a big discount on stuff I order for myself. Helps with the cost

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

#340857 - 01/15/09 03:53 PM
Jenny B

Reged: 03/27/07
Loc: Montana

Thanks for the advice everyone, I have been researching more Burt's Bees products and I think I might have found a possible solution I have yet to try. Thanks again and hope everyone is doing well!

Proactive is Hars,try these. new
      #340915 - 01/17/09 09:50 AM

Unregistered

Don't use proactive..my skin isn't super sensitive and it dried it out and made it hurt sometimes. Even with using the lotions..Its expensive too. I suggest organic skin care...Try this http://www.carenonline.com/Skin_s/78.htm You should read the paragraph by the Founder's picture. ALso If you have scars or discoloration from acne..try this

http://www.bioskincream.com/

You may have heard of arbonne products,I think they are over priced and overrated..check out this article http://thebeautybrains.com/2006/07/19/are-arbonne-products-the-best-skin-care-you-can-buy/

"The problem with these products is that they don't live up to their natural claims. While we here at The Beauty Brains think stories about the trouble with chemicals like SLS and parabens are overblown, the natural crowd does not feel similarly. Arbonne formulas fail in this regard because they contain all kinds of chemicals that those people are afraid of."

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1549 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4180

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review