All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
New Subject
      #339087 - 12/08/08 07:15 PM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

OK - Let's start a positive sharing thread. Every day, anyone who wants to join in - and, please remind me!!!! - we have to list one positive thing for the day or one thing for which we are grateful. Even if it's something as simple as you were able to get out of bed!
I'm grateful for each of you who have endured my whining and very detailed questions! I value your support and advice more than I can say. This is like a safe haven.
A friend went to Disney shortly after her mother had passed away and she said she must have looked sad because one of the cast members came up to her and said "you aren't allowed to not be happy at Disney"! So - on this thread, I promise to try to be happy!
Tell me about your Christmas traditions or non-traditions!
Dorothy

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: New Subject new
      #339093 - 12/09/08 03:36 AM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

I'm thankful for a lot of things. Our tradition for Thanksgiving started last year. I write an email out to everyone in the family and they write back about what they're thankful for this year. I compile it into a couple of pages, run off a few copies and bring it to Thanksgiving dinner...and email it all to the ones that can't make it.

Thanksgiving is the only time of the year that my dad's family gets together. They come from out east, down south and all over. Everyone seems to enjoy it. We don't usually get that deep in our conversations at Thanksgiving so it's a nice way to show everyone what's in our hearts.

I personally am thankful for a job and a roof over my head in this economy. I'm thankful that my children and my husband are all healthy...when I know seven people right now with cancer! I'm thankful that although I'm busting my butt at work, I'm enjoying it this year for the first time in years. Really enjoying it!

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

#339096 - 12/09/08 05:19 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Good idea Dorothy. I think we really need this right now.

I am thankful that I was able to talk with my son this morning. He is in the Navy and stationed in Japan. What a wonderful way to start my day.

I am also grateful that all 3 of my children are happy and healthy. I am so happy that my DH, who was diagnosed with bladder cancer last May, is cancer free as of his 3 month check up. Yeah!!!

I am working on repairing my relationship with my Mother who is now clean and sober after years of struggling with her addiction.

--------------------
Janey

#339103 - 12/09/08 07:22 AM
sharond

Reged: 10/29/07

Great idea Dorothy!!

I have sooo much to be thankful for every day....but, a couple of biggies:

I was a single parent with the tremendous responsibility of raising my son on my own. During all of that wonderful, challenging time I never had IBS. I had a great job that I loved. The company was very family oriented so I could take off for every school function, doctor appointment, etc. My son has grown into a wonderful young man who goes to grad school and teaches at the University in Albuquerque.

I met my husband (the love of my life) ten years ago. We've been married for five. I was 50 when we married. I first got IBS when I was 52 so he has been through this whole ordeal from the onset. I don't know how I would have made it through so many days (and nights) without his love and support.

So I am really, really grateful for all those years of no IBS....the years of raising my son, taking care of a home and having a career. And I am really, really grateful for my wonderful, caring, understanding husband who always tells me "I'm the luckiest man in the world because I have you for a wife"!

Needless to say, I feel very blessed.

Sharon

#339127 - 12/09/08 01:10 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

Wonderful new thread!!

I'm thankful my best friend wasn't killed or more seriously injured in a 3 car pile-up last Friday. She is 1000 miles away so I can't run and be nursemaid. He son stepped up and took the train to her as soon as he heard.

I'm thankful for a loving husband after some of the horrors I have heard from my divorced friends (both male and female friends).

I'm thankful to have my family close for the holidays. I count every day with my grandparents a blessing.

I'm thankful for a good job with a great boss.

I'm thankful for food on the table, a roof over head and enough money in my pocket to afford both.

And I'm thankful for the people here, for without each other a lot of our days would pass in misery, uncertainty and alone with our IBS. Together we support and bring each other hope and friendship!!

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

#339132 - 12/09/08 01:44 PM
Runs No Fun

Reged: 12/02/08
Loc: Long Island, NY

Quote:

And I'm thankful for the people here, for without each other a lot of our days would pass in misery, uncertainty and alone with our IBS. Together we support and bring each other hope and friendship!!

Im am VERY thankful for this website and message board. In the short time I have been here my emotional state has improved 100% by virtue of reading a lot of these messages and finding out I'm not alone in this.

Where the mind is, the body follows... I have had four good days in a row (no diarrhea) and even though I had a bout of it this morning (my own damned fault - I ate some cheese and I'm lactose intolerant) I am feeling SO MUCH BETTER!

I saw my doctor this morning and he certified I am able to return to work (after being out for the past six weeks).

I am thankful for that.

--------------------
Saul (IBS - D)

#339135 - 12/09/08 03:00 PM
Pennie

Reged: 11/24/08
Loc: South Carolina, US

I am thankful that I found this site. It has really helped control my D, which I was beginning to think was uncontrollable.

I am also thankful for an understanding and supportive boyfriend, who is really trying to help me stick to this new diet.

--------------------
IBS~D

#339140 - 12/09/08 06:03 PM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Great idea!

I am thankful for God.
I am thankful for my husband of 10years and my two precious children.
I am thankful I have a job to help provide my family with the basic necessitys in life.
I am thankful for the strength I need to help guide other people's children in my job as a teacher.
And I am thankful that I am for the most part a very healthy individual who can walk, talk, breathe, see, hear and taste!

#339144 - 12/09/08 10:22 PM
glasgowgirl

Reged: 09/01/08
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

What a great idea

I am thankful for this site and the people on it. It's helped me get back on track.
I'm thankful for my partner just because he's so wonderful.
I'm thankful for my family.
I'm thankful for the days when the sun comes out.
I'm thankful for my love of cooking.
I'm thankful for my friends.
I'm thankful for an enquiring mind.

--------------------
Stable IBS D

#339157 - 12/10/08 10:46 AM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

I am SO thankful for this little girl that has been growing in my belly for 38 weeks; I can't wait to meet her!! This will be the best Christmas ever!

I'm thankful that I have an amazing, loving, supportive husband who has done SO MUCH for me in our 5.5 years of marriage.

I'm thankful that I have a career that I love, so that I enjoy going to work every day! I'm grateful that we make enough money so that we're not struggling like so many people are today.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1055 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3423

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review