All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Stress triggering IBS - I was good for SO long!
      #336598 - 09/29/08 02:32 PM
Neurocat

Reged: 09/29/08

Heya everyone, first post here, although I have been a lurker for a long time. Mainly because thanks to Heather my IBS has been well under control for about 5 years now.

But ... I'm having problems. I've got a LOT of stress in my life right now. Tons of it - due to an upcoming move (which I AM happy about!). It's hard enough to get everything together without urgent bathroom visits making shopping impossible.

I feel so out of control. As soon as I get in any kind of a situation where an IBS attack would be inconvenient, wham! My bowel tightens up and I feel like I need to run for the loo.

Any suggestions on how to get myself back on an even level? I don't mind the stress from the move, it's the recurrence of IBS that is driving me crazy.

Neurocat

PS- I just ordered the hypnosis CDs. I'm hoping they will help me break the anxiety-to-gut link that I seem to have.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Stress triggering IBS - I was good for SO long! new
      #336601 - 09/29/08 04:44 PM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

I really think the cds will help you with this.My biggest problem is the anxiety too.The cds have really helped me with that.I went shopping all day for the first time in almost a year!!!!That was incredible for me.I drove an hour away and walked around all by myself and I was gone all day.
I miss that the most.I never had an issue at all.I couldn't have done it without the cds.
I think you will love them.
Other than that just make sure you have everything you need in case of an attack.Imodium,wet wipes,change of clothes,safe snack foods and water.If you are prepared for the worst,you can handle anything.

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

Re: Stress triggering IBS - I was good for SO long! new
      #336731 - 10/04/08 10:15 AM
kteach

Reged: 09/15/08
Loc: New York, NY

The hypnosis CDs are great. I got them last year and they really helped me as I was trying to reduce my medication. Now, it sounds like I am in a similar situation to yours. I have an upcoming move and lots of travel between now and then. I am excited about all of it, but it does add a subtle layer of stress and I find myself thinking about bathrooms before anything else - very frustrating!! I am planning to listen to the CDs again in hopes that they will get me through this period. I hope they work for you as well! Good luck with your move, and always remember that you are not alone!

--------------------
IBS-D 8 years

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1547 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1147

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review