All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
wondering if I have IBS
      #336461 - 09/24/08 07:20 AM
Shells

Reged: 09/22/08

I am wondering if I have ibs? My symptoms are having problems having a bowel movement, incomplete elemination, skinny stools, awful gas, and a back ache on my right side. I don't really have any stomach pains. My stools are always soft never hard. The doctor said I have ibs. I've had a colonoscpy and vaginal ultra sound. Those came out fine. I eat mostly a vegan diet mostly raw food.
Is ibs something that effects you everyday? Or is it something that effects you with what you eat? No matter what I eat my symptoms are the same every day.
shells

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: wondering if I have IBS new
      #336586 - 09/28/08 09:37 PM
glasgowgirl

Reged: 09/01/08
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

It sounds like it could be IBS.

The way IBS affects you varies from person to person. With me I would have a sudden D episode than be normal for a few days or even weeks. This went of for a about a year but was mild enough that I was able to ignore it. Then it turned in to constant upset alternating between D and C. Things have dramatically improved since I changed my diet to one high in soluble fibre. The accaica fibre sold on this site is also a good way to add fibre to your diet.

Please stick with the diet as per the advice on this site and get the cook book. Even with the high SF diet the IBS can take it time in improving.

I hope this helps and I really hope you start feeling better.

--------------------
Stable IBS D

#336644 - 10/01/08 08:39 PM
glasgowgirl

Oh and also raw food is known to be a probelm with IBS. You'd be safer cooking and/or puring them before you eat them.

--------------------
Stable IBS D

#338214 - 11/17/08 02:54 PM
Shells

Reged: 09/22/08

Thank you for your imput. I got Heather's book Eating for IBS. I didn't know that raw food could trigger IBS. I will try cooking my vegetables to see how that goes. Have you ever heard of skinny small stools being a symptom of IBS?
Thanks for you help
Shells

#338303 - 11/18/08 08:29 PM
glasgowgirl

Skinny stools could definitely be caused by the IBS. One of the key symptoms is altered bowel movements.

--------------------
Stable IBS D

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 261 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2354

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review