All Boards >> The Living Room

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Why does this happen?
      #335421 - 08/29/08 12:23 PM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

I just have to know...why this happens.....
I'm usually IBS-D. But lately I don't know if I'm normal or what. Sometimes I go 10 or more times a day and often a BM will be just a few minutes after another BM. The stools are normal and formed....just VERY frequent. Today, I think I've gone a dozen times! Probably pooped off 5 pounds! And I've gone 3 times just in the last hour.

Does this happen to anyone else? I am taking probiotics and that has helped tremendously with the D....but now what?!

I'm going to my doc for a physical in an hour. I don't really feel this is a serious question for him....and it's embarrassing...plus he'll just want to schedule a colonoscopy....I don't want that.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Why does this happen? new
      #335437 - 08/29/08 06:30 PM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

This happens to me when I am anxious...

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

Re: Nugget Why does this happen? new
      #335488 - 09/01/08 09:41 AM
sharond

Reged: 10/29/07

For the last several months this has been happening to me...not D, but well formed stools. I used to deal with C all the time, but since changing diet, etc go 3 to 5 times early AM. I can have a perfectly normal (sometimes large) BM and very shortly after another and another. Couple of things which are really annoying....sometimes I wake up around 3:00 AM and the minute I move, my bowels start to move, and, sometimes it takes a while before I can actually go...very frustrating 'cuz with this pattern, I usually can't go back to sleep!! I long for the old days when I slept all night, got up at 6:00, ate breakfast and did my poop for the day.

I just love what my mother tells me "can't you just ignore it and go back to sleep!!!!!"

Sharon

#335516 - 09/02/08 11:15 AM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

Sharond....sorry you are going through this, too. I'm thankful I don't wake up and have a problem like you do. That would be very frustrating. That's terrible that you're mom would say to just ignore it and go back to sleep. She would understand if she were going through the same thing. Not very easy to "just ignore it". {{{hugs}}}

#335532 - 09/02/08 01:53 PM
sharond

Reged: 10/29/07

Hi Nugget:

You know how it goes with people who just don't get it. My DH totally understands all about IBS. He feels bad cuz he just can't do anything when I have bad days. I'm really at a loss with this waking up though. I never used to have this issue and now I'm just thinking it has become a pattern and when I go to sleep I'm anxious about it happening so of course it does. I just don't know how to change this cycle. I mean, there is just no way I can ignore my bowels wanting to move or just willing them to wait a couple more hours!!!

Sharon

#335551 - 09/02/08 08:22 PM
mzmemo

Reged: 07/23/08

This has been happening to me a lot also. The BM's might be well formed, maybe not, but I never seem to finish and it makes going out very stressful. I had a colonoscopy and all was fine except for some diverticulosis. I have researched this and it doesn't have to be a problem at all but I wonder if it is the reason for some of the changes I have see in my intestinal performance. I had more confidence in what my system would do or respond to, but now, I just don't have that confidence. I was hoping to find some answers in these message boards. I tried emailing Heather, but got nowhere. Ideas, anyone??

#335552 - 09/02/08 09:56 PM

Unregistered

This has been happening to me a lot also
I thought maybe I am taking too much fibe and this is why thsi happens. It is frustrating for sure
I don't mind having the BM, sorry to be so gaphic, but one after another is getting old
It is better than the D but come on this is fun either
why can't we be "Normal?:

#335570 - 09/03/08 08:36 AM
TG

Reged: 06/04/08

I think it's just why the name of our wonderful syndrome is "irritable bowel" - irritation's vague enough to cover everything. I just had a weekend of extreme BM and then several days of being clogged up. My GI just shrugs and tells me "you've got IBS."

Sometimes I use the opportunity to see what food naturally stops BMs and which starts it. I HATE laxatives with a passion, but I love to eat!

I hope your physical went well Nugget! As for feeling embarrassed, I totally understand. However, I guarantee that she/he's seen worse. And after a while, I'm sure that you'll feel more comfortable with the wacky workings of IBS in the body.

By the way, I used to not be able to talk about certain body parts without turning beet red, but after dealing with various hospital visits and bedpans, I will tell my friends point-blank how I feel and why when I'm not feeling well. They're pretty understanding. Also, if you have friends in med school, they LOVE hearing these horror stories for future case-study assignments, to stump their superiors, or just to play diagnosis.

Whatever works, right?

T.G.
Digest This Comic!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 731 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3906

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review