Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
job interview
      #334497 - 08/12/08 11:28 AM
Aly

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Columbus, Ohio

Hi friends,
It's been a little while since I've posted, but I'm back! So, I've been unemployed for a few months trying to figure out what I want to do with my life. Well, I finally landed an AMAZING interview. And, it's for a job I would really love! Granted it sounds like a pretty high stress job, but more good stress, like keeping busy and running around. It's for an admission counselor position for recruiting the performing arts kids. (I have a BA in music and theatre and an MA in educational theatre)
I interviewed yesterday and it lasted 2.5 hours! I met with everyone I would be working with. Lots of questions and scenarios, but it was a great interview.
My question is: business people, does this mean they have it pretty narrowed down already? They are only doing interviews this week and for 2 positions! So... I feel like they cannot be interviewing a ton of people if the interview takes up half a day!
What do you think?
I should have an answer by end of the week or beginning of next
(and we're moving to a new apartment this Sat, so I'm hoping for a happy move...)
Prayers and fingers crossed for me!!

--------------------
IBS-A

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: job interview new
      #334502 - 08/12/08 11:43 AM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

Maybe the long interview is a good sign.They wouldn't spend that much time with everyone if they didn't really want them.
Good luck.

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

#334511 - 08/12/08 01:53 PM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

I agree with Dragonfly... I work in the educational field and one of our schools is a performing arts school. Even though my school is an alternative school, the interviews I've been in on can be pretty long and detailed. I would think "the longer, the better"! You know all of us (I'm only a singer/musician creative/artistic type people are pretty "anal" and have to get all the details!
But... sounds great for you and I think they must be interested. I've got everything crossed (finger/legs/toes/eyes) and am praying for you! Be sure to let us know.... Dorothy

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

#334520 - 08/12/08 02:40 PM
steffiejoy

Reged: 11/26/07
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

That sounds awesome!! Congrats! I'm not a business person, but I was wondering how you got your Masters in Educational theatre and what exactly that is? I am a first grade teacher and need to start my masters classes pretty soon and have no clue what to do them in. I dont want to do just the normal instructional masters but I am stumped on what to get it in. I just dont know if I want to be completely in the classroom for 30 some years, you know? I have theatre experience, in highschool and college. I was in plays and directed some one-acts. I want to do a drama club at my school this year too. Anyways, I was just wondering what that masters allows you to do cause I know youre from Columbus so youre kinda near me! Good luck with the interview process. From my experience the longer the interview- that means its good!!

Stefanie

UPDATE new
      #334664 - 08/15/08 07:19 AM
Aly

SO I got called to do a background check which doesn't mean I got the job, just means I made it to the next step in the process...they were very firm on explaining this does not mean I got the job...
So I'm in limbo...I want to be excited, but don't want to be dissapointed. I dreamt ALL night about getting a call saying I didn't get it, which I hope isn't a bad sign!!
I'm moving to a new apartment starting this evening, so I should be able to keep busy enough to get my mind off it... hopefully!

--------------------
IBS-A

Re: UPDATE new
      #334669 - 08/15/08 09:01 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

It sounds like you are at least one of the final candidates!

I have my fingers crossed for you. It sounds like a fantastic job!

Re: UPDATE new
      #334684 - 08/15/08 04:32 PM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

I agree. I don't think they would waste the money on a background check if they were not seriously interested! Good Luck!

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

#334697 - 08/17/08 05:52 AM
fancymom

Reged: 09/17/07
Loc: SC

Hey Aly!
The long interview DOES sound like a pretty good sign...

I hope you get the job! Keep is posted!!
Good Luck -

--------------------
FancyMom
IBS-A,Constipation predominant, GERD

well... new
      #334992 - 08/20/08 11:41 AM
Aly

no news yet. IM GOING CRAZY. I'm kind of assuming I did not get it, since they said the latest they'd let me know what the beginning of the week.
I'm not working, so I just kind of wait by the phone all day!
sooo frustrating.... I felt like I had a good chance since they were doing the background check on me, so who knows?!!?

--------------------
IBS-A

Re: well... new
      #335024 - 08/20/08 04:05 PM
steffiejoy

Reged: 11/26/07
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

Did you call or send a thank you note? If it is in the teaching field, I know that I've heard its good to send a thank you note for interviewing you. Also it may seem like youre being annoying, but try calling, it will at least show youre interested. Good luck!!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2688 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4096

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review