All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Physical therapy today
      #334249 - 08/08/08 05:23 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

I just started physical therapy today for my car crash in January. My pain doctor said I was recovered enough to start.

My lawyer found this PT place for me, but I'm not thrilled. He's fronting the cash for bills until I can get a settlement, but the place he found for me is WEIRD.

It's attached to a nursing home full old Russian seniors. Seriously frail oldies, with wheelchairs and staring eyes, no English. When I was signing my forms, the receptionist asked me if I was over 18. OK, I'm 37.

I had an okay massage from a horrible little man, who pressed his HAIRY ARM into my back. EW! BODY HAIR TOUCHING MY SKIN! I was also too tall for the machines, which was ridiculous. They also don't have a whirlpool or any water features, so I don't get traction or whirlpool therapy, which had been strongly recommended to me by my doctor.

I get 10 minutes heat pad, 10 minute shoulder massage, and then I stretch on a mat. (??) They talked down to me the whole time, lecturing me on getting more exercise and taking fewer pills. Also I got yelled at that what I had couldn't possibly be whiplash, because it was too low on my back. Excuse me, are they doctors?? NO. I left mad.

So they tell me to come back 2ce a week. Is this going to get better? Are they doing this to me because I have no insurance and the lawyer has to defer payment for a while? Next time, I'm bringing my mom. She commands respect.

~nelly~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Physical therapy today new
      #334269 - 08/09/08 07:27 AM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

Don't go back!!Creepy!!!!
Either find another pt that you can explain your situation to.I'm sure you could find someone to help out.That place sounds awful!!!And are they legal?Ewww.
sorry but your description is so vivid.Call your doc and tell him you aren't going back there and need to find a better establishment.I find it weird that your doc would foot the bill until you get your settlement.Does he have a share in this place?It sounds wrong wrong wrong!!!

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

#334311 - 08/09/08 06:28 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Hey Nelly,

This sounds very fishy to me too and I would not go back! You should never have to go some place and feel uncomfortable, and definitely not have to pay or have a message by a hairy guy.

It all sounds weird and I would not go back. Call your lawyer and tell him he has to find another PT place for you to go. If your area is anything like mine there are several options for PT.

I wish you luck! Please go with your instincts here and if it doesn't feel right then it isn't.

--------------------
Janey

#334413 - 08/11/08 11:17 AM
Nelly

OK, I called my lawyer this morning and told him I would not be going back. I stressed it wasn't the Russian part, it's that they can't answer any of my questions (they don't speak much English...!).

I called the PT place to cancel and say I wouldn't be coming back. Then I called my mom and begged her to go on any other PT place 1st session so they don't treat me like I'm a teenager!!!

Wish me luck!!!

~nelly~

#334416 - 08/11/08 11:49 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Yeah, I agree, too creepy! Hopefully your mom can help you out with the next place!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

No new place yet new
      #334673 - 08/15/08 11:37 AM
Nelly

Ugh. I'm just going to add that to my pile of Horrible Memories and move on.

My lawyer called today to say they hadn't found another place yet, but were working on one that was about 15 miles away. DC beltway traffic is notorious, so I'd have to find a time where I wouldn't be stuck for an hour and a half on the road. But that's not a done deal yet.

Yeah, that other PT place experience is definitely one of those "the older it gets, the funnier it is" memories.

~nelly~

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1104 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1599

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review