All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Help Heading to State Fair
      #334163 - 08/07/08 07:26 AM

Unregistered

Tomorrow my hubby, me and my sister are going to the State Fair in des Moines, to see our little grandson compete in the spelling bee contest. It is about three hours away,and I am alredy freaking out, wondering where the bathrooms are, what to eat, what if, and what abut this, etc. You know wht Iman
I just wold ask for your thoughts tomorrow. Hopefully I will be fine. I will take my immodium along if case I need it. I hate to use it, but if I have to I will
thanks for the thoughts
Hugs, DeeDee

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Help Heading to State Fair new
      #334170 - 08/07/08 09:11 AM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

Well I hope he does well!!!
If this were me,I'd be in total panic mode but I can tell you that once I got there I'd probably be fine.I wouldn't eat anything at all until we got there and found out where the bathrooms were.i would also be very careful of what I ate leading up to the big day.Once I got there I would be fine but I always carry pepto bismal or Imodium with me and apple juice.apple juice always seems to calm my stomach.Bring your own safe snacks and munch on those.Be careful what you eat because you might be ok while there but the next day you will pay for your mistakes.
Going anywhere these days puts me in panic mode even though I'm feeling good.I hope you can relax enough to enjoy your trip and I hope he does well.Good luck to you both!!!!~

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

#334179 - 08/07/08 10:24 AM

Unregistered

Thanks so mudh. I hope he does well too. He is 9 and really knows his spelling, so hope he does great. I watch him this summer, and the other day I asked him if he was redy for the spelling Bee at the fair and he said, don't remind, grandma. It puts too much pressure on me
I am freaking out going. Believe me, it scaes me to death
I will not eat until I get there and I am taking food withme. I hope they let me take it along on the fair grounds. The fist thing I will do is look for bathrooms
I know there will be lots of walkiing
I am no doubt going to take one or wo immodium before we eave so I will have some reassurance
I will take soluble fiber foods, like banana, bagals, etc. things which I know are safe
I do drink tropicana apple juice and that dos good for me
thanks so much
I wish I could relax some but you know how it is
Love, DeeDee

#334251 - 08/08/08 05:34 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Try Imodium as a preventative. It really works, I use it like that all the time, especially right before I go to bed.

If it can get rid of my night attacks, I bet it can help you at the fair! My hat's off to you, though. I quit going to outdoor events after being held hostage by my bowels in a steaming hot porta-potty one too many times!!!

I'm sending good thoughts your way for tomorrow! Post back and let us know how it went!

~nelly~

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 373 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1974

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review