All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
What are you thinking about?
      #333929 - 08/04/08 10:37 AM

Unregistered

I'm thinking about the show The Girls next door and am wondering, what if one of hef's girlfriends had ibs and how would they be able to live such a busy lifestyle/travel all over/eat out all the time.

Thinking about how bummed I am that I have ibs because I need to be working a bunch. I want to work a few hours today but its my day off and I think I should be drinking tea all day and dealing with ibs so I'm ok at work tommorow
. If I was a normal person I think I'd spend my time working and figuring out what I'm gonna do besides live at my dad's house.
I'd have that waterbed I want..A vehicle,be able to spend my time working and going to the gym,hanging out with people.
I live paycheck to paycheck, I needed to buy ibs stuff so I went and overdrafted because i'm out of acacia and needing it now. It's so annoying to have to pay for all my ibs supplements. Think of all the money I could have saved. Then my only expenses would be for things like a vehicle,groceries,beachbody vitamins,new clothes,getting my hair done more often..

Ibs makes me feel gross, unladylike or something.My life revolves around dealing with ibs and my crap problems. I really want to be a normal girl.I'd be eatings fruits and vegtables all day.
My mom always complains I never do anything fun or go anywhere. My dad screams at me because He is only home on the weekend and the house isn't clean. I clean house on my days off work. But last thursday i cleaned everyroom except the kitchen because ibs was so bad. And If its not clean on friday my sister and I will get kicked out of the house..:'(

I'm also thinking about,How everyone was hitting on me at work and I felt awkward because this one guy has a crush on me and i'm totally not interested and my bf is friends with him and works at the same place I do. Girls and guys were hitting on me,lol. IT was just one crazy day yesterday.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: What are you thinking about? new
      #333930 - 08/04/08 10:53 AM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

I feel ya sister.Life seems to revolve around your bowels.I remember a time when I never even thought about the bathroom.We'd jump in the car or jump on the bike and go for a tour.That ain't happening anytime soon.
There comes a time in your life though when you have to move on and live.I am trying the hypno tapes right now and even though I am only on day 15,I see a remarkable improvement in how i feel.I have ibsd and haven't had any in 5 days.That is a miracle for me.I have felt great and I'm eating fairly safe but not obsessing about it.If you really want to try it and you should,Start saving and purchase the program.I think you could really benefit from it.You seem young and I would hate to see you waste any more time being sick.
Good luck with the house cleaning,It never seems to be done.EVER!!!

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

#333932 - 08/04/08 11:00 AM

Unregistered

I do own the program,I was over half way through it and i never had benefits. But I will try it again soon. I am young but kinda old to live at my dads. I'm 20.

#333939 - 08/04/08 12:59 PM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

I understand how you feel about constantly thinking about IBS and living with it. I think all of us here understand. We are all in the same boat. All we can do is take it one day at a time. I try not to get too down about it...especially when I see people who have much worse situations than what I have to deal with by having IBS. For example, the handicapped, paralyzed, blind, deaf, etc., etc, . At least for the most part, I am healthy....I still have all my limbs, my eyesight, my hearing, etc. So I have to count my blessings. But there are those days when it really gets me down that I have to constantly plan around my bowels. It's so frustrating most of the time.

Today, I'm thinking about this darn bug bite and how much it is itching and how I'd love to just go home and take care of it and take a nap, too. This morning I was wondering if I'd make it to work in time to get to the bathroom because it was a rough tummy morning.

By the way...don't think that 20 years old is too old to live at your dad's. I know a guy who still lives with his parents and he is 30!

#333943 - 08/04/08 01:35 PM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

twentys not bad I'd be looking to move out soon though.Depends on how your situation is and what you plan to do with your life.
I definately think you should continue with the tapes.Some people have to use it a couple or even three times.It depends on how severe your ibs is and how open to the program you are.I was finally at the end of my rope and tired of living my life like this.I see a change already and hope by the end I see the results I am hoping for.If not, I'll try again.We are planning on travelling to the east next year.about four to fives days away with kids so I have a chance to do the program three times if I need to.we will just wait and see.
Good luck!

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

Re: What are you thinking about? Food all the time. new
      #333947 - 08/04/08 01:56 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

I wish I didn't think about FOOD so much and what I am going to eat and if I am getting engouh "if" and what if i am getting to much and what if I eat to much bread and what if I don't have engouh veggies and if I should try something new and what if it gives me a attack and what to have for super lunch and snack and dinner thats new!! What besides the same old food! Its engouh to drive me crazy some days. If I go someone where were is there to eat and so on and so on. I rember the days when I didn't think that much about food and just did what I wanted now thats all i think about. Somedays its just to much and I get tried and cry!! Like today I had ceral and 2 mini wheats a slice of tomatoe at lunch and 2 blueberry muffins is that to much if or do I have some at super? See what I mean. The sad thing is that I don't have that much "if " to pick from and my diet is plane and limted so its repeats all the time. Your not alone! I would love one day were I didn't think of what I was fixing from one meal to the next.Hang in there!
emmasmom
ibs-c gas

Re: What are you thinking about? Food all the time. new
      #333949 - 08/04/08 02:00 PM
Nugget

I think about food all the time, too!

Thanks Nugget! I am glad I am not alone! I feel like it some days!-nt new
      #333952 - 08/04/08 02:25 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

Re: Thanks Nugget! I am glad I am not alone! I feel like it some days!-nt new
      #333954 - 08/04/08 02:44 PM
Nugget

You are NEVER alone here! We all know how it is...because we all have gone through the same things. {{{hugs}}}

#333956 - 08/04/08 02:50 PM
fancymom

Reged: 09/17/07
Loc: SC

Hey aperson!!
Here are big (((hugs))) for you. I know EXACTLY how you feel about the food thoughts consuming your life. It is so exhausting!! I think all of us can empathize!

I get so TIRED to studying every meal, thinking whether or not it's gonna cause an attack. My whole life revolves around food, and what I CAN'T have. I absolutely hate it! I feel like my stupid guts control my life! I am a slave to my intestines. I just want to order a pizza and drink a beer with my hubby sometimes...or eat ice cream with my kids.

Your right about the supplement thing too. If I had all the money back that I've spent on Doctors, herbs, vitamins, and fiber in the past 7 years since I was diagnosed with IBS, I would NEVER have to work again!! I just try not to think about it, because it just depresses me.

--------------------
FancyMom
IBS-A,Constipation predominant, GERD

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 470 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4800

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review