All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Favorite Restaurants
      #333805 - 08/01/08 01:19 PM

Unregistered

Hey guys I have an idea, let's post our favorite restaurants with our favorite safe dishes! Ok, I'll go first Applebee's chicken fajitas! I've eaten them 4-5 times over the past few months with NO PROBLEMO! The chicken is grilled - just skip the cheese and sour cream...I also don't eat the fried rice that comes with it. Also, the Grilled Chicken Sandwich from Burger King - minus the mayo is a safe bet. I can't wait to hear from everyone else!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Favorite Restaurants new
      #333812 - 08/01/08 02:24 PM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

Anyone tried Chick-Fil-A??? I like their grilled chicken - one day OK for me, next not... but that's life in IBS land! And, their chicken noodle soup has not bothered me, either. Living on the Gulf Coast, grilled (no butter, no added seasonings - have to watch for MSG) seafood - i.e.grouper, flounder, red snapper... is my favorite, but it's usually at a local restaurant, nothing chain - that's frozen. Also, O'Charley's grilled chicken w/ baked potato - on a good day! :-) Actually, it's just a matter of DH eating what he wants and me trying to find something on the menu. Eating out just isn't what it used to be! Remember days when you could just devour a wonderful salad????

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

#333815 - 08/01/08 03:39 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

Cracker barrel grilled fish nothing on it have ate this lots of times and been safe. Plain bake poatoe and there sweet carrots just a few.There grilled chicken on sourdough no mayo no cheese just tomatoes and pickles.Oven roasted turkey sandwitch.(plain)

Olive Garden- penne pasta w/ grilled chicken make sure its not breaded. Squash, zuchunnie, mushrooms, blackolives, tomatoes, with Plain breadsticks.

Lonestar grilled chicken plain/bake or sweet poatoe

I hear ya I miss the old days where you order what you wanted not what you had to. Like lonestars teaxs cheese fries or alfredo and lasagna at the olive garden or cracker barrel chicken salad!

emmasmom
ibs-c
gas

#333859 - 08/02/08 01:56 PM
als2111

Reged: 03/30/08

I have had from Chili's on several occasions the Southwestern Cedar Plank Tilapa, get the chimichurri sauce on the sauce and I just use a tiny bit on the fish. No pico on it. I tell them I have dairy allergy so no butter or chesse on it. It comes with rice and broccoli and I eat the rice first then the fish and just a few pieces of the broccoli. I have also had from their guiltless grill menu the guiltless chicken platter I tell them no oil, or dairy. I tell them no butter on the corn and no cheese and it comes with rice also.
Subway-tortilla with grilled chicken breast and tiny amount of light mayo on it.
Wendy's- the grilled chicken sandwich plain with no bun, I dip it in a little BBQ sauce and a plain Baked potato

#333865 - 08/02/08 06:21 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

Olive Garden - apricot chicken - mmmmmm!!!

Local cafe - Ruby Moon - Hummus and veggie wrap (alfalfa sprouts, cucumber, red pepper and lettuce) with a side salad (I'm tolerating salad well!) and an awesome lime cilantro dressing.

Applebees - chicken fajita roll up - NO CHEESE and sauce - and I get a salad instead of the fries

The Keg - chicken teryaki with pineapple cilantro and a baked potato hold the extras!!

And my FAV!! Red Lobster - snow crab with a baked potato, the cesar salad to start (sorry - one cheat on the whole list!)

NOW I'm hungry and I just had a bowl of Turtle Tracks soy ice-cream!

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

#333894 - 08/03/08 04:31 PM
GaGa

New one this weekend... DH loves steak so we went to Longhorn's yesterday. I've gotten the grilled chicken in the past, but mouth still sore from dental surgery, so thought I'd just end up with a baked potato... BUT - Tried their salmon - Delish! It says it's marinated in bourbon, but it's just the coating and all alcohol is burned off. Served on a bed or rice, but too spicy for me. The baked sweet potato just had a little butter and cinnamon. I had not problem at all last night, not even any GERD - good thing because I forgot the Nexium! :-)

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

#333924 - 08/04/08 07:45 AM
Lyndeigh

Reged: 02/07/04

Being on a GF and a IBS diet, I looove Charlie Browns Steak House. They offer a gluten free menu. My fav. item is Habachi Chicken with broccoli. Its low fat, dairy free, gluten free and mmm mmm delicious

#333946 - 08/04/08 01:50 PM
GaGa

You lucky dog! ;-) We aren't quite that advanced around this tourist area! We don't even have a good source to purcahse speciality items - just got a Fresh Market in a neighboring town, but no Whole Foods yet or anything like one in Atlanta called "Sammy's" - I think.....

--------------------

#333962 - 08/04/08 03:23 PM
TG

Reged: 06/04/08

I second Chick-Fil-A! They don't put as much junk on their grilled chicken sandwich so ordering is not as complicated as it is with most places.

Wendy's sells a side dish that's a plain baked potato.

Most Japanese places have a wonderful assortment of vegetables and vegetarian dishes that require little substitutions plus plain rice.

There many deli-like places that are easy to order from, such as Subway and pita bread establishments.

I like places where I get to add more to my meal instead of taking stuff away. It makes me feel better when I miss things like burgers or have to order sandwiches without cheese or mayonnaise. Have to make yourself happy or you'll go crazy

T.G.
Digest This Comic!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 489 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2928

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review