All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Discouraged
      #333578 - 07/30/08 07:33 AM
Valerie A.

Reged: 11/08/05

I'm feeling somewhat down in the dumps today. Yesterday I went to GI doc to get results of UpperGI/Small Bowel exam the other week. NEGATIVE! Only showed GERD, which was no surprise, been on Nexium for 3-4 years for that. Next week I'm scheduled for Capsule Endoscopy - aka. camera pill. What if this shows nothing wrong? Yea, I want it to be negative on one hand, but on the other I wish they would find something!! I don't know what the pain is on the right side. Sometimes it feels like something is stuck or passing through. I know the ascending colon has kinks or folds or twisted, because they couldn't get the scope through that section. Maybe that's the entire problem, is just stuff making it's way through?
I think I'm being really lazy in that I don't want to take the time to prepare "safe" foods/meals everyday and I don't want to take the time to even go for a walk (exercise) everyday. I don't enjoy cooking, I'd rather sit in front of television or on the computer.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Discouraged new
      #333580 - 07/30/08 08:57 AM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

Been there.I was hoping for anything on my tests.Even cancer.at least I could fight that!It's hardhaving to think about everything you put in your mouth and harder still to plan your meals.I never know what I want until I'm hungry!

I hope you feel better today.It's raining and gloomy today here but I plan on cranking up my music andf scrapbooking.Music always makes me feel better.

and exercise?I don't but I am looking for a treadmill so I can walk and not have to actually walk home!
I used to do the treadmill and loved it but they are so darn expensive!

Heres sending you hugs and if you have to have a little cry.It always seems to make me feel better.

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

#333588 - 07/30/08 09:37 AM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

I know what you mean about not wanting to exercise or take the time to eat and cook safe foods. I get that way, too. But, we have to do it to feel better. Take care of yourself....{{{hugs}}} Keep smiling!

#333589 - 07/30/08 09:38 AM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

very well said, Dragonfly

#333593 - 07/30/08 09:49 AM

Unregistered

boy, I am sorry you are having such a time, and so discouraged. I know what you ae going thrugh ss i have too been there
and i do know what you mean by wishing they could find somethng so at lest you know there is something wrong. I know when i had my colonostopy lately they found a polyp, and then of couse the IBS dand they fond I hve diverticulous, which I will never get rid of. Now I don't particlarwant diverticulous but was glad they found I had something so I have a name to it
good luck and hope you do not have anything serious.
I sent you a big hug and hang in there
Hugs and thinking of you
Hugs, DeeDee

#333594 - 07/30/08 09:53 AM
vettech

Reged: 06/08/08
Loc: ME

Quote:

and harder still to plan your meals.I never know what I want until I'm hungry!

I hear that. I always laugh at all these people who suggest preplanning meals way ahead of time to save time and take advantage of sales, etc. I don't know what I'm going to be able to eat later today, much less next week! What sets well now may not set well tomorrow. For the most part, I eat pretty much the same things everyday. Boring, but it makes life easier.

--------------------
IBS-A and GERD since 1983
Low FODMAP since 2012

#333595 - 07/30/08 09:57 AM

Unregistered

boy, are you ever right.
sonds like me. I never know what i can tolerate until the time to eat.
I guess when we have this IBs it is different than people who do not hve it, and osmeitmes they just don't understand
We eat what we can when the time comes.

#333602 - 07/30/08 10:25 AM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

Valerie -
Sending you {{HUGS}} and Prayers! I have found over years and years of tests for everything from AIDS to Lupus to Sjogren's - to hang-nails that frequently sensitive, caring people who - like you and many others here - (are you sure you aren't my child or sister??? ) may have the "symptoms", but not the actual disease. Does that make sense? I don't mean to "preach" ,but I firmly believe God has a plan for everyone's life and sometimes there are roadblocks put up to try to keep us from fulfilling His plan or our destiny. So, keep seeking out the foods you can eat - stick with them. And, rejoice when you get a "good report" from the doctor - that you do not have a serious illness. Just keep remind yourself - "this too shall pass" - it hasn't come to stay - it will get better - I promise! - Dorothy
P.S. Believe me, I'm not trying to be Pollyanna or "goody two shoes", I'm speaking from my Spirit/heart, not from my feelings - especially today! LOL I just want to encourage you....

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

#333624 - 07/30/08 04:35 PM
Valerie A.

Reged: 11/08/05

I thank you all for the encouragement and *hugs*. Today I actually walked from the office to my car, it was a good 15 minute walk. Yay me!
Thanks for being here with me! **hugs**

#333629 - 07/30/08 06:40 PM
fancymom

Reged: 09/17/07
Loc: SC

Oh Valerie.
I am so sorry you are going through such a rough time. I know exactly how you feel about hoping the GI Doc will find SOMETHING wrong! I used to feel the SAME way! It's like you wish they could just say "ok. Here's what's wrong, and here's how to fix it." It is so easy to get depressed about the whole situation.

Just know that we are all here for you whenever you need to vent!! And...your in my prayers, and you got lots of (((hugs)))

--------------------
FancyMom
IBS-A,Constipation predominant, GERD

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1576 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4237

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review