All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
Bug bite UPDATE... new
      #333029 - 07/22/08 04:53 PM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

Thanks Dragonfly....
I came down with an extremely bad headache on my way home from work. I had to lay down and take a short nap when I walked in the door. I took an Excedrin Tension headache pill and it's much better than it was. Right now I'm trying a baking soda paste I mixed up and have my ankle wrapped with plastic wrap to hold the paste on. The bite is getting a bit bigger than it was this morning. It itches like crazy!!! I hate to go to the doc, spend another $100 like last time only to have them tell me to get some over the counter stuff. Ya know? I'll give the apple cider vinegar a try, too. Maybe I'll make a baking soda, apple cider vinegar paste and try that. Hubby isn't here and won't be for a few days. So I'm alone in this again. I hate bugs!!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

BUG BITE UPDATE..... new
      #333099 - 07/23/08 11:30 AM
Nugget

My bug bite on my ankle is spreading a bit. Seems to be getting bigger...it still itches, but not quite as bad as yesterday and it's real red. I did make a paste last night out of Apple Cider Vinegar and Baking Soda. I put it on thick over the bite and wrapped my ankle in plastic wrap. It seemed to help. I could tell a big difference between just using water with the baking soda and using Apple Cider Vinegar. The vinegar mixture helped more! When I poured the vinegar in the cup with the baking soda, it foamed a lot! Pretty cool for a science experiment. Not sure if this bite warrants going to the doc. I'm affraid they'd just tell me to buy over the counter stuff and keep doing what I am doing...then they'd charge me out the nose to tell me that. Ya know? Not sure what to do.

Re: BUG BITE UPDATE..... new
      #333103 - 07/23/08 12:34 PM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

You should also take a med to help with the swelling.Try to take it at night if you need to stay awake.That way it'll help and put you to sleep!

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

Re: BUG BITE UPDATE..... new
      #333117 - 07/23/08 02:11 PM
Nugget

OK...thanks Dr. Dragonfly. They told me that last time I went in a couple weeks ago for the bug bite behind my ear. They suggested Alieve...so I will do that. Thanks

ANOTHER BUG BITE UPDATE.... new
      #333135 - 07/23/08 08:33 PM
Nugget

Well, the itching and the spreading of the bite got to be too much, so I went to Urgent Care this evening. They think it's got a little infection in it, so now I am on antibiotics. Good thing I've been on probiotics for around a month now. The doc even told me to take probiotics with these antibiotics. I told her that I already take them and she said good. I have to take four of the antibiotic pills a day. Keeping my fingers crossed that my IBS-D plays fair through all this. I have to be on the antibiotics for a week! There goes another $100!

Re: Another bug bite..... new
      #333137 - 07/23/08 09:43 PM
pcrider

Reged: 07/06/08
Loc: AZ

My girlfriend taught me a couple of remedies that work at least for me. Try putting liquid dish soap on the bite or put bleach on a cotton ball and dab the bite with it. Give 'em a try, they both work for me. Hope it helps!

Re: ANOTHER BUG BITE UPDATE.... new
      #333143 - 07/23/08 10:46 PM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

I'm so sorry. You must be terribly allergic to something - some bug - guess you're just "simply irrestible" to these critters. I was just on antibiotics for 10 days - so keep up the probiotics and the SF.... Prayers & Hugs! - Dorothy

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

Re: ANOTHER BUG BITE UPDATE.... new
      #333149 - 07/24/08 04:58 AM
Nugget

Thanks a bunch Dorothy. {{{hugs}}}

#333150 - 07/24/08 04:59 AM
Nugget

Thanks for the suggestions, Pcrider. {{{hugs}}}

#333151 - 07/24/08 05:53 AM
pcrider

Reged: 07/06/08
Loc: AZ

no problem...sometimes the simple things and old home remedies work better than a RX and you don't have to worry about side effects and such. Hope you have an itch-free day.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1889 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 15569

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review