All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Any other IBS-D get pain in your right side?
      #332524 - 07/15/08 06:58 PM
Photofabix

Reged: 06/03/07
Loc: N Florida

Ever since I drove done to see a friend this weekend (100 miles each way) I've had quit a bit of pain in my right side (mainly around my waist & hip area). The only thing I ate that day was a bagel, and 2 slices of bread preparing for the drive as I'm still no where near stable. The following day all I ate again was a bagel in preparation for driving back home. It was a bad choice to drive that far I now see, but I just wanted to try and get out after having IBS keep me in my house all the time.

I got a similar pain, but not quit as bad a few months ago, and went to the ER thinking it was appendicitis, only to be told it was severe gastritis after they did blood and ultra sound.

I really hate to jump the gun and go back to the ER, but this has been off and on for 3 days now and I'm getting a bit worried.

Does anyone else ever get reoccurring pain in the right side?

--------------------
IBS-D, Lactose Intolerant, latex allergy, MCS, Sun allergies, depression/anxiety, 156 pounds weight loss now (still dropping), cramping, rarely leave the house.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Any other IBS-D get pain in your right side? new
      #332531 - 07/15/08 11:53 PM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

I've dealt with this stuff since I was 12 - primarily IBS-D until a few years ago and now I vascilate, so I guess I would say IBS-A now. Have you seen a good GI dr? That's the first step - eliminating anything other than IBS - even checking your kidneys, bladder. That's a lot of weight to lose in one year - I hope you aren't trying to survive on bread/bagels alone????
As for the pain - when your colon spasms - or when you have bloating/gas (I swell up like a balloon sometimes)- you can have pain anywhere from your chest to your lower ab...Remember, your colon goes L - R and down from under your rib cage and our colon is not our friend! I used to primarily have cramping in my lower ab - then it moved to primarily in my upper L side, under my ribs - then one day it was on the R side and freaked me out...my mind thinking: is it my gallbladder, my kidneys, my appendix??? But,it was "something I ate"! Story of our lives, right? Please let me know if you have had a thorough work-up by a GI dr....it may be a game of "try this/try that", but there is light at the end of the tunnel - and it isn't a train!

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

#332545 - 07/16/08 07:32 AM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

I do still get this pain but I had my gallbladder removed.

i think you should go back to the doc.How did you lose so much weight?That really doesn't sound good.I'm thrilled for you that it's gone but maybe you should look into why so much so fast.

I know when I first got Ibsd I lost twenty pounds in about two months but it levelled off when i got meds for it.Recently I also lost twenty pounds in about two months.

That was from my gallbladder attacks.I quit eating anything and only ate when I felt good.Then I'd have an attack.
I noticed the biggestest diff when admitted to the hospital and had nothing to eat for a week.
The doc said that was bad.My body was now losing muscle not fat and I needed to turn it around by eating small meals frequently.
Unfortunately my Ibsd reared it's ugly head and thats another story.
Go make sure there isn't anything else wrong.It could be just IBS but it's better to know forsure.
Good luck

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

#332547 - 07/16/08 07:45 AM
TG

Reged: 06/04/08

Here's a simple run-down thanks to my friend who's about to graduate from med school: If it's on your right side beneath your breast, it could be a gall bladder issue. If it's lower, it may be an appendix issue. If it's all over, it's probably IBS.

In my experience, if there's pain that causes me not to eat then it's time to see a doctor. A GI is your best bet for a definitive diagnosis. Whatever happens, I wish you good luck!

T.G.
Digest This Comic!

#332558 - 07/16/08 10:17 AM
Photofabix

Thanks everyone for the replies, I've had the pain my left side for years but that's from an accident I had at one of my jobs. Now it seems like the pain is everywhere, left right, back.

I'll post below what I been through:

Weight loss: Since lsst year I have gone from 310 pounds, and I'm down to 174 right now (I'm 5' 9"). From a 48" waist to a 34" waist. The MD I went to said don't worry your still overweight. Since last week alone I've dropped 5 pounds.

Doctors: I have been unemployed going on 2 years, I applied for medical assistance from the county, They sent me to an MD, they ran blood, urine etc.. They say I'm fine. County send me to a GI, he does a colonoscopy and biopsy. He said he didn't see anything wrong, thought maybe it was colitis but the biopsy was fine. I only had one office visit with him, after repeated calls to tell him I'm no better he's says "It's just IBS take fiber" the county refuses to send me to anyone else, they tell me if I want to pay out of pocket I can see who ever I want, and furthermore I need to start looking for work or they will not provide further assistance (I am looking for work, hard to go out of the house like this)

I've also been to the ER several times, once I thought was stomach flu, was throwing up all day and constant D. They did an ultra sound from left to right, x-rays. Aside from being dehydrated I was told I was fine, several Iv's, numerous pills and was advised to go home.

Diet: I've had a hard time finding the right fiber for me. I had allergic reaction to Heather's and Fibersure. Right now I take Benefiber.

Aside from the fiber for the last 4 or 5 months I've survived mainly on breads. I can not find anything to get stable on. I mainly eat allot of Italian sandwich bread, sometimes with natural peanut butter for protein, plain bagels, white Jasmin rice, Pasta, Kree's recipe for pumpkin bread, sometimes I'm ok with chicken, sometimes I'm not, I've tried turkey burgers and again it's hit or miss sometimes I do ok, some times not.

I don't consume diary (hidden or obvious ingredients), no pork, no read meat I don't eat nothing fried, overly processed, nothing with hydrogenated oil, nothing with excess fat. I do not drink (I used to socially, but haven't in several years) I don't smoke nor have I ever. I do not take any drugs (nor have I ever) I'm not on any prescriptions

I really wish I knew what I could do, the county at this point doesn't want to assist me any further stating It's just IBS, there is no reason for you not to work" Well I would love to work, I live in a small town right now and everything would be a 40 - 75+ mile commute each way. If I could stabilize, I could do it.

--------------------
IBS-D, Lactose Intolerant, latex allergy, MCS, Sun allergies, depression/anxiety, 156 pounds weight loss now (still dropping), cramping, rarely leave the house.

Edited by Photofabix (07/16/08 10:20 AM)

#332576 - 07/16/08 12:59 PM
Photofabix

Also here's a couple photos

Current

--------------------

#332834 - 07/19/08 07:50 PM
pcrider

Reged: 07/06/08
Loc: AZ

I too am prone to terrible side aches, sometimes they are so bad I have to lie down for several hours with a heating pad and I have had them last upto 4 days at a time. My daughter is a message therapist and she can sometimes help but its usually temporary. My Dr. says it is a pretty common complaint it has something to do with the large intestine and small intestine joining there and if you are prone to constipation like myself it kinda creates a "road block". At least that's what I've been told. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

#332884 - 07/20/08 05:02 PM
Photofabix

Yea lately I am leaning more towards IBS A, I think the 2 years of Immodium AD has screwed me up. I don't hardly take it now unless I'm flaring bad and have to leave the house for more then a couple minutes. So lately some days I have C and others D... Also some days it's strange I'll start the day C, couple minutes later have bad D. I just can not win..

As for the pain it has slowly gotten a little better, it's more so in my lower back and side now right above my waist line. I don't like taking pills much, but I started Tylenol yesterday (1 x500mg twice a day) and it seems to have helped take the edge off the pain.

I really think it's my car though, I had to go out yesterday, soon as I sat down the side/back of the seat was pressing right where I hurt. I'm going to have to think about getting a small pillow or something, I surely can't just get rid of the car

--------------------

Edited by Photofabix (07/20/08 05:05 PM)

#332891 - 07/20/08 06:09 PM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

Just wanted to let you know I am experiecing this pain in my side and back today.Advil and a heat pack!

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

#332929 - 07/21/08 12:14 PM
fancymom

Reged: 09/17/07
Loc: SC

OMG - Have you really lost 120lbs since last year?!

Was that intentional, or just from being sick? Did you have that much weight to lose?

--------------------
FancyMom
IBS-A,Constipation predominant, GERD

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1503 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3751

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review