All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Which probiotic is best?
      #332378 - 07/13/08 06:02 PM
tellmeaboutit

Reged: 07/13/08

My doctor recently gave me some samples of "Align" and I've been taking them once a day, but I'm about to run out. But Align is pretty expensive at $30 for a 28-day supply, so I'm wondering if there are any other, cheaper probiotic brands that ya'll have used and had success with?

Suggestions? Anyone else tried Align? Should I just suck it up and find the $30?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Which probiotic is best? new
      #332401 - 07/14/08 06:05 AM
vettech

Reged: 06/08/08
Loc: ME

Well, I've tried many different probiotics and Align is the only one that has made any difference. It comes with a chart to track your symptoms, and looking over the last 4 weeks there really is an improvement.

If you go to http://www.aligngi.com/ to purchase and use the code ALIGNFRIEND you can get $5 off your first purchase. With shipping it puts it a little under $30. After that, drugstore.com is probably the best source because I think they have free shipping (or they did).

To me, something that gives some relief is worth a buck a day.

--------------------
IBS-A and GERD since 1983
Low FODMAP since 2012

Edited by vettech (07/14/08 08:17 AM)

#332409 - 07/14/08 07:25 AM
TG

Reged: 06/04/08

Honestly, Align's about the only thing that keeps me regular every day. It's pricey, but as far as I'm concerned it's cheaper than buying Costco-sized packs of Imodium and suffering through constipation and/or diarrhea. Also, it's easier on my system than most medications as it doesn't give me any additional side affects (I'm at a point where I'm done taking prescribed pills that alters my mood). It did take me almost a month to get completely used to it, though.

See if your doctor has any promotional codes as well. Sometimes they get introductory discounts for encouraging - let's face it - potential customers.

Hope that helps!

T.G.
Digest This Comic!

#332410 - 07/14/08 07:29 AM
lgw

Reged: 08/11/07

I use MegaFlora. It's expensive, but it's worth it.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1050 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1821

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review