Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Soluble Fiber
      #331943 - 07/03/08 05:43 AM

Unregistered

Hello everyone
I have a question
I am taking heather's soluble fiber. I am also taking questan twice a day
My soluble fiber I have been taking twice a day, one and one half tsp. each time.
I am wondering if you think that is the right amount, or shuld I increase it some
It seems like I might need a little more but do not want to get to the plce where I am taking too much either
I know questran has a tendecy to constipate one, and I don't want that tohappen, but I was perscribed that by my dr. two weeks ago when I had my colonostopy
He also told me to take fiber.
Any suggestions would be appreciated
It is hard getting the right amount to work with what I am doing
Grrr. I hate this
thanks so much
DeeDee

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Soluble Fiber new
      #331959 - 07/03/08 10:22 AM
fancymom

Reged: 09/17/07
Loc: SC

Hi Dee.
Well, you could try to increase your sol fiber just a little...maybe to 2 tsp. twice a day. See how that works.

I know it's frustrating!! Trust me, I KNOW!
Hang in there {{{{ hugs }}}}

--------------------
FancyMom
IBS-A,Constipation predominant, GERD

#331960 - 07/03/08 10:31 AM

Unregistered

Thank you so much
I think I might try increasing it tomorrow to two tsp. twice a ay. This mornig I tok 1 1/2 tsp and probably will do that again later.
It is so frustrating. Yes, it is .
And then tomorrow is the holiday and we will probably be with family. I will have one sister and brother in law thee who do not understand about my eating, and they will give me a hard time. Sometimes I almost feel like it is better if w don't go, but it is important to see family
I know what I can eat and what I can't
sorry to go on and on
thanks so much
DeeDee

#331965 - 07/03/08 12:06 PM
fancymom

I know exactly how you feel. As if it's not hard enough that we have to deal with these tummy woes, we also have to deal with stupid people who don't care to understand how hard it is for us. Don't worry, it's just out of selfish ignorance that people act like that. It's frustrating, but try hard not to let it ruin your day!!

Just pray that God gives you the strength to rise above. {{{hugs}}}

--------------------
FancyMom

#331973 - 07/03/08 02:27 PM

Unregistered

Thanks so much. I appeciae it and it is so good to find others who know exactly what you ae going through
I just had a colonostopy about two weeks ago, and the dr. put me on questran, along with the fiber, and lactate when I eat diary, plus all my other perscription drugs. He found a polyp, of course IBS D and then he found I have diverticlous. He also put me on a high fiber diet, and told me to take immodium if I need, and I can take 6 a day and it will not hut. He is a gastrologist, and so good. I am thankful I have such a wonderful dr. But the high iber diet, there are so many things I know I can not eat, like veggies, of cabbage, brocoli, and cauliflower, some fruits, so I have to be real careful yet what I eat
When I told my sister about the results and what he said, she said, "So are you going to do what he tells you?"
This really frustrates me.
I guess I am in a complaining mood today, and please disregard me
Sometimes it just gets to me what people think and say
thanks so much for the support

#331979 - 07/03/08 05:09 PM
fancymom

Well, you do have a lot on your plate. Sorry you have to deal with all that. I know it can get overwhelming, but try to take it one day at a time and you will do just fine!

I know what you mean about not being able to eat many fruits and veggies. I seem to have a harder time with veggies than fruit. Especially corn, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, and cucumbers. Lots of beans give me problems too. GAS! My husband just LOVES that! HA

The few veggies that don't seem to be too hard on me are squash and potatoes (white and sweet).
I just have to cook them well.
I seem to tolerate bananas ok. My main fruit triggers are raw apples and anything with skins, like grapes and pears with the skin on. I tell ya, my Mom used to make the BEST dish with her pork tenderloin when I was growing up. It's very simple and delicious...and I seem to tolerate it well.
Buy a can of pear halves. Place them in a glass pan with the pit side up. Then put one large marshmallow in the little hole and drizzle a little brown sugar over the top. Bake them at 350 degrees for about 5-10 minutes, or until the marshmallow is melty and golden brown on top. They are sooooo good!! The pear is nice and warm, and the marshmallow is toasted on top. Slice of heaven!! And they have never given me an attack. Great way to get a little fruit in your diet. I always tolerate the canned better than fresh. I just buy the "no sugar added" kind...at least then I feel like I'm eating a little healthier - haha!

--------------------
FancyMom

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 442 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6358

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review