All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
16 days no BM... Love those suppositories
      #330103 - 05/22/08 06:06 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Man do I have a blossom tonight. I was big time C, after not having a significant poop in 16 days. I blame myself and yummy painkillers. Mostly myself. OK, all myself.

Did I mention I hadn't gone #2 in 16 days? BAD Nelly. I was really plugged, and it was All My Fault.

So I had two benefiber at night, 2 in the morning, and 2 at lunch.

After lunch, I used the pot to push for a while, to no avail. I did the "ears in the knees" pose, the "ballerina on the tips of her toes" pose, and the "reaching side to side" thing (think YMCA dance), all of which would have been lovely dances except for all of the red-faced grunting. I expelled a tiny bit of trapped gas, and gave myself an A for my attempt at 2nd grade gym, but nothing was moving.

I actually poked "up there" (EEWWW!!) to see where it was and what its consistency was like, but since it was in the same place where it had been the night BEFORE, I made an executive decision that since anything I was taking orally would need time, like geological time, to escape, and due to my level of uncomfortability, a gelatin suppository (FLEET) would have to do the trick.

Unable to stand any more of the pushing anyway, I grabbed the jar of glycerin suppositories, and my little latex gloves they give me with my hair color (Note to self, blondify hair, buy more gloves. ). As the bullet-shaped suppository was going in, I felt it push past several small BMs the size of doll heads. *faint*

I know it takes a while for these things to get going, but I chose to go with them 'cos they are gentler on me, and I don't get "dry heave" pushing afterwards! When everything's out, everything's out. Plus Golden Girls was on, so I could lie comfortably for a while as I waited. I love Golden Girls. There, I've said it.

About an hour passed before I felt something working. But I made myself wait another half hour before I started moving. I wobbled to the pot and sat down-- first, the glycerin dribbled out. Boy, I was a little anxious after that. I mean these things would make me fill up the pot with a snakey reddish-brown garden hose BM if taken under different circumstances. (Always keep these buggers around, especially if you're C!!!) Remember, I'm a D, and don't worry about this kind of stuff unless there's medicine involved.

But this time it was like LABOR and I finally gave birth to 5 or 6 egg-shaped rocks. I'm so glad I didn't wait longer before I got to them, but I'm banging my head against the wall that I waited this long!!!!!!!!!

THANKS GUYS! I needed to vent and there is no way I could ever tell this story anywhere else. I have a lovely little blossom to commemorate this event by. (If anybody knows what a blossom is, well, it's a prolapse.) I get one on "special occasions" like these, and mine go away on their own. But these blooming flowers take actual big fancy operations, as a couple people on this board can tell you-- the operation's nothing to laugh at!

I don't know if this evac is actually done with, but I wanted to post to say hi to everybody and let people know that Yes I'm around!!!!!

Love to everybody!!!,

~nelly~ (In bloom)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: 16 days no BM... Love those suppositories new
      #330105 - 05/22/08 09:38 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

Thanks for cracking me up, Nelly! And congrats on giving birth to your little nuggets!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Emptier than before new
      #330220 - 05/26/08 03:33 PM
Nelly

Thank you Christine!! I'm feeling much better now!

~nelly~

Re: Emptier than before new
      #330245 - 05/27/08 10:57 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

16 days, hmm, yep, I think you beat my record! Ack! I, too, have a bottle of those lovely little glycerin suppositories for just such occasions! I can not believe that you held it in for 1.5 hours though!!!! I never make it more than 15 minutes no matter how hard I try. Glad you have some relief and maybe mark it on the calendar so you remember to not wait so long next time!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re: Emptier than before new
      #330246 - 05/27/08 11:08 AM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

Wow that's quite a story!!
I panic after two days. I am IBSD and would prefer that to IBSC.
Did you name your little buddies? Heres my suggestion. PITAs(pain in the ass's)
Congrats!

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

That's a good one! new
      #330416 - 05/30/08 06:07 PM
Nelly

LOL! Once you name it you have to keep it, ma mommy always told me.

~nelly~

:) new
      #330417 - 05/30/08 06:16 PM
Nelly

Hi Michele! GOOD idea with the calendar...! Sometimes I stop my gut on purpose, like if I'm going away for a weekend (I know, I'm bad)... But this time I'd completely lost myself in the good life of not going. No D = happy Nelly! But i really should have been more responsible.

I do write things on scratches of paper, what I've taken and times, so I don't double dose per accident. Which I've def done before. But this is definitely something I should keep track of.

I have a phone calendar I can use... It'll give me a reason to use the extra technology I've been carrying around and, well, just carrying around really.

Man, I am cracking up at the fact I could never talk to anyone else about this junk like this!! LOL!!!

~nelly~

Sorry to hear of this Nelly new
      #330493 - 06/02/08 09:37 AM
Kiwii

Reged: 09/27/05

I know your pain. I HATE having to do supositories. They burn the fire out of my butt!!! But it's worth it if you can get some result in the end.(no pun intended). Hope you're feeling better!

--------------------
Kiwi
IBS-C

Oh, how I've missed you!!! new
      #330495 - 06/02/08 11:02 AM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

I'm so sorry you had such an awful ordeal... I, too, have resorted to those suppositories on occasion, but I'd never wait more than two days!!! That must be some sort of record.

Thanks, as always, for making me laugh! I need it, since this 1st trimester nausea has me feeling pretty green and grim.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

Re: Sorry to hear of this Nelly new
      #330536 - 06/03/08 08:25 AM
Nelly

Thank you!! I was actually thinking of using them again, but maintenance guys were working on replacing both may bathrooms' floors at the same time this morning (can we say IBS anxiety??!).

All better now. Ahh.

~nelly~

Re: Oh, how I've missed you!!! new
      #330538 - 06/03/08 08:33 AM
Nelly

Good to see you, Lisa Marie!! Yeah, dealing with IBS isn't very dignified. I like to think if it as a sick comedy show where I'm the star and don't know it.

Nausea sucks too! The only advise that's worked for me in the past is "try not to move around too much."

~nelly~

Re: 16 days no BM... Love those suppositories new
      #330901 - 06/10/08 05:38 PM
ginger53

Reged: 06/05/08

I just read your post and really had a good laugh and can sympathize because I've been there.

You're right - it is like giving birth and I have described it as just that to my friends when it happens to me.

I have had so many people say to me that they would rather have constipation rather than diarrhea. I don't know about the diarrhea part, but the constipation is not much fun either.

C and D new
      #331100 - 06/14/08 11:57 AM
Nelly

Yeah, they both pretty much suck. The D freaks me out more because i could blow in any situation. For me, it's also more painful. But C is no fun!

~nelly~

Re: C and D new
      #331121 - 06/15/08 10:34 AM
fancymom

Reged: 09/17/07
Loc: SC

Ok, Nelly.
That was the most disgusting, funniest story I have ever read!!! Girl, you gotta get those BMs under control!!

Are you taking any Magnesium supplements?? Those work great just to losen your BMs. You really should not wait that long next time (but I am SURE you already know that!!)
Sounds miserable!!

--------------------
FancyMom
IBS-A,Constipation predominant, GERD

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4344 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5059

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review