All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
New to forum
      #328946 - 04/27/08 08:21 AM
jan55

Reged: 04/27/08

I've had IBS for 2 years but just found this website and have been following the IBS diet for about a week. The IBS has been unbearable but the worst problem for me now is the resultant hemorrhoids that I can't seem to get under control. My gastroenterologist has been no help saying my only hope is to get the IBS under control for which he gave me Bentyl or surgery for the hemorrhoids. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? Thanks.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: New to forum new
      #328961 - 04/27/08 11:11 AM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

Welcome to the forums Jan....
Sorry you are not feeling well. We all know how tough it can be. There's lots of great information on this site. And lots of support from people who are going through the same things.

I'm not sure what to tell you about your situation, other than don't give up and if it requires getting a second opinion, then do so. It takes time to get IBS under control....and you will have good and bad days even after that....but it does get better.

#328971 - 04/27/08 11:56 AM
jan55

Reged: 04/27/08

Thanks for your advice. I know it has only been 1 week so I will hang in there.

#328986 - 04/27/08 02:36 PM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

keep smiling! I know it's rough....I've been going through some rough times, too lately....but the support we give each other here is wonderful.

#329065 - 04/28/08 07:06 PM
Double J

Reged: 03/09/06
Loc: High Rocky Mountains ibs-d

I had a terrible problem with multiple hemorrhoids ... finally had them removed surgically, and have had no problem since then. Visit with another doctor... a surgeon perhaps.

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4258 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1914

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review