All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
Re: Husband now has a bad cold...I don't have any sympathy....is that bad? new
      #330562 - 06/03/08 02:14 PM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

Dragonfly....Thanks for making me laugh. Your comments are SO true! Just like this evening.....our lawn needs mowed, so I plan on mowing it after work before it rains again for the next two days since he is sick....but if it were me who was sick and if I were the one who usually mowed...it would wait until I was well enough to do it. Just like when I asked him to clean the bathroom after I had surgery and couldn't do anything strenuous for 6 weeks...at 5 weeks I finally had to ask him to clean it. Otherwise he was just going to let it go until I was healed enough to clean it myself. It's been months since he did a load of laundry and the last load he did were just HIS coats. Didn't wash any of my things. I have often thought of only doing my laundry. Do you think that would be too obvious?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#330564 - 06/03/08 03:36 PM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

I have often told my husband if he didn't pick up the slack I'd quit doing his laundry. The problem is subtle just doesn't work with men. You basically have to scream it in their face and then they only hear half of it anyway!

Mens idea of clean is soooooo different. Same prob. I was recouping from surgery and the bathroom went for the sh...s.(can i say that?) Anyway I finally had enough and just did it myself.

The best way to get even though is to find the one thing they hate the most.re:husband hates it when the sink has gunge in it. So when I'm mad.....I leave it.

It doesn't take him long to get the hint. Even though gunge drives me crazy too, it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.

Good luck with you other half!!!

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

#330572 - 06/03/08 05:45 PM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

HA! I actually did that! With my ex. I stopped doing HIS laundry. Of course, I still did mine, the kids and the towels, etc. but he did his own. It didn't change anything but it made me feel better that I wasn't doing his, too when he was being such a jerk!

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

#330580 - 06/03/08 08:39 PM
Nugget

Dragonfly...I was running late tonight and didn't get home at my usual time. I was buying my husband an anniversary gift. We celebrate our 10th in July. So, I bought him his own cell phone. I already have one that we have been sharing for the past year and thought it would be nice if we both have our own. To my surprise when I got home he had already started dinner because he made it home before me. So that was nice. He's still sick so since dinner he's been doing a lot of sleeping on the couch tonight...but I do appreciate the fact he started dinner. And he offered to help with the dishes, but I didn't want his germs on the dishes...we don't have a dish washer. Usually one of us washes while the other dries. So, I do still appreciate when he does things....I just wish it was like it used to be. Wish I felt more cared about....ya know?

#330581 - 06/03/08 08:47 PM
Nugget

Flipada...that's toooo funny! Last time my husband washed any of my laundry was a couple months ago and when he took it out of the dryer he hung his stuff up and put it away. But, my stuff he hung on the "waiting to be put away hook" near my side of the closet for me to put away. And he just put my socks, etc. on top of my dresser for me to put away. I ALWAYS put his stuff away. And he knows where my stuff goes, but yet he won't put it away. I can't win. Then he wonders why I have no sex drive. I've tried to explain to him..."If you would do the things you used to do that made me feel special, it would help my sex drive." But he just doesn't understand. When we first met, he had a copy of Men are from Mars Women are from Venus. He asked me to read it...so I skimmed through it. Anyone he knew who was having relationship trouble...he would let them read his copy of the book. Now I wonder if he remembers any of what he read in that book. I have even bookmarked certain parts and put it at his place at the breakfast table, but he just puts it back on the bookshelf. I've told him he needs to read the book again, but he just blows me off.

#330588 - 06/04/08 04:56 AM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

Hey thats a step in the right direction!!
Maybe he can see a little bit better now.
It's so nice when someone else starts supper. At least you know they are not completely useless.lol Just kidding. As much as we complain we still need them huh?
Happy anniversary! We celebrate our 13th on June 17th.
Hope your hubby feels better soon and also you. Plan to do something special and romantic when everyone is feeling better.
Again Happy Anniversary!!!!!!!!

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

#330592 - 06/04/08 07:25 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Oh! I am so sorry! That's what I get for trying to stick my two cents in...instead I stick my foot in my mouth. Again I am sorry.

#330593 - 06/04/08 07:39 AM
Nugget

thanks Dragonfly....thankfully we took our 10th anniversary trip last year on our 9th anniversary before the gas prices got so extremely high. We drove up the coast of Oregon. Was a wonderful trip. This year we will just stick close to where we live and do something together. Happy Anniversary to you, too!

#330594 - 06/04/08 07:42 AM
Nugget

Angela...don't worry about it. I understand. It's so easy to get people confused here when we can't talk face to face. At least it is for me. {{{hugs}}} Thanks for your support.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3137 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 34229

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review