All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
Re: Husband now has a bad cold...I don't have any sympathy....is that bad? new
      #330532 - 06/03/08 07:29 AM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

dragonfly....yes, I know....but, counseling is out of the question and I did mention divorce when he was being so incensitive before I had my hysterectomy when I was peeing blood for a week. When I mentioned that if he was going to hold it against me for being sick he could find a different wife...he got his feelings hurt...but didn't change.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#330535 - 06/03/08 08:19 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Just a quick two cents...I know you have been talking about getting pregnant recently...make sure your marriage is stable enough first. Kids are not an answer to "fix" an unhappy marriage. If anything your realtionship needs to be rock solid beforehand because those lovely little children demand alot of your time and energy. I hope that I am not overstepping any boundries by saying this. It just seems like your not real happy right now in your relationship. Hang in there!

#330539 - 06/03/08 08:40 AM
Nugget

Hi Angela...You must have me confused with someone else. I know Emmasmom has been talking about getting pregnant. I can't have children....I had to have a hysterectomy and my husband had a vasectomy years ago. We always joke that I have no targets and he is shooting blanks. Thanks for the support anyways.

#330541 - 06/03/08 09:10 AM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

I wouldn't feel sorry for him either. You have feelings also and they matter and are imporant. DON"T FORGET THAT! Treat them as they treat you. Don't live life unhappy find the happiness you deserve. My hubby doesn't like to be told what to do so when I ask for the trash to be taken out that day he huff and puffs also cause that isn't the day he wants to do it I guess. My dh has changed since we got married to but that bad. I know I have to but I do try and sometimes I feel like I am the only one trying.... Keep your distance and eat healthy and take care of yourself and I hope it all works out for the best. You deserve it. (hugsxxxxxxx)
emmasmom
Ibs-c
gas

#330545 - 06/03/08 10:47 AM
Nugget

Thanks Emmasmom! Why is it that men change so much once they get us to marry them? My husband was so caring and supportive before we got married....he used to help with ALL the housework....now he just helps with the dishes (which I do appreciate). I help him with EVERYTHING, but when I need help I don't get it without feeling like I'm imposing.

#330548 - 06/03/08 11:54 AM
emmasmom

I hear ya I say the cat needs clean up or take out the trash but I did it yesterday! I am like what ever I did the dishes and laundry yesterday to and figured out super as you know can be a chore. But if he wants to mow the yard or wash the 4-wheeler he always has time!! Hes not as romantic as he was when we first meet either. I plan the time we spend toghther now and I don't think thats fair. MEN! engouh said.
emmasmom
ibs-c gas

#330555 - 06/03/08 01:49 PM
Nugget

I SOOOOOO agree with you Emmasmom.....if anything is HIS idea he's more than happy to do it. But, if I suggest or ask for any help he won't do it or huffs and puffs the whole time he is helping me. One time we were having family out for my birthday luncheon and before everyone got there he actually asked me what he could help with. When I said "would you please slice the rolls" he said "no". So then I said "OK...would you put the salsa in a dish?" He said "No...it's fine in the jar." So I said "Why did you ask what you could help with if you aren't going to do what I need help with?!" He just shrugged his shoulders and smiled. So now when he asks "Is there anything I can do?" I just say "no". Oh...and I have tried answering his request for help like he does when I ask....he'll say "could you help me with this?" I tried saying "no" a few times and he gets all pissed off. I wanted to say "hurts when the shoe is on the other foot...doesn't it?" But, I didn't say anything...I just smiled and helped him.

#330557 - 06/03/08 01:51 PM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

Hey there I'm sorry to hear counselling is out. I think all men get the mommy syndrome after they get married.

They think you are their mommy and should take care of them. When you get sick that means you can't take care of them. Men have their moments but in reality women are just so much stronger. We are meant to take care of everyone and when we are sick ...take care of yourself!!

It's not fair and it's time to change the rules!
My hubby has been pretty good so far but even he has his moments where I could kill him.
Romance? What's that?

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

#330558 - 06/03/08 01:56 PM
emmasmom

ya why bother save your breath. Mine always says I'll help with the meals I know you get tired of eating everything the same thing but that 1 day in 2 months that I don't have a clue what to eat or want I going to have. He throws a fit like a 2 year and says we can't even talk about this! I have even made folders with recipes in them and label them he can't pick one up. Or he says we have chicken well duh! Not what can we make with it all I can see is this frozen piece of chiken! WHATEVER! So I just always eat what I am tried of just to keep peace! He is so stubborn. He can rember everything for work and all his clubs but I ask him to ge the paper oh I forgot. I am glad I am not alone on this. Thanks for letting me vent to! Hope you feel better!
emmasmom
ibs-c
Gas

#330560 - 06/03/08 02:08 PM
Nugget

Yes...thank YOU for listening to ME vent, too!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1560 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 34237

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review