All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
Re: Lexapro Diary.....Day 15 new
      #329563 - 05/09/08 07:27 AM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

not feeling very well today as far as my IBS-D goes. A little anxiety, too. Not looking forward to the Mother's Day weekend, because nobody can seem to let me know what the plans are. I don't know if I'll end up cooking for everyone (both families) or if we will be forced to divide our time. I may just tell my husband "you go spend time with your mom and I'll spend time with mine".

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Lexapro Diary.....Day 16 new
      #329604 - 05/10/08 02:20 PM
Nugget

Had kind of a rough morning this morning with IBS and anxiety, but am doing better now. I think they may have to increase my dose. I see the doctor for a follow-up this Wednesday.

Re: Lexapro Diary.....Day 17 new
      #329614 - 05/11/08 08:33 AM
Nugget

slight tummy problems this morning again. But, I think it is because of the anticipation of having company for lunch today to celebrate Mother's Day. We are having my MIL and my mother out to our house for lunch. I shouldn't be nervous at all, but I am....Will be fine once everyone gets here. The Lexapro is helping a tiny bit....I think they may have to increase my dose when I go see the doc Wednesday....either that or just be patient and give it more time. Happy Mother's Day everyone!

Re: Lexapro Diary.....Day 18 new
      #329648 - 05/12/08 07:22 AM
Nugget

Doing fairly well this morning.

Re: Lexapro Diary.....Day 21....follow-up appointment with doctor new
      #329866 - 05/16/08 08:48 AM
Nugget

I had my follow-up appointment with my doctor yesterday and told her that I felt better, but still wasn't 100% yet. She said it takes about 6 weeks for the Lexapro to be at it's peak performance. So she gave me the option of trying 10mg and alternating 10mg one day 5mg the next and eventually going to 10 every day or staying at 5mg for a few more weeks to see how I feel. So I decided to try alternating between 10mg and 5mg. I took 10mg last night and haven't noticed any side effects other than what I felt when I first started the medication.....which was slight heartburn/stomach upset, but nothing bad at all. She said she wants me to be on it for at least a year. She was happy I was doing so well. As for the possibility of chemical sensitivity in my work environment, she is going to write a letter to my boss stating that the symptoms I am having could very well be caused by chemical sensitivity and could be eased or eliminated with the installation of a ventilation system. So we'll see what happens there.

#329867 - 05/16/08 08:52 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

That's good to hear. I started out on 10mg and then wanted to see how I would do on 5mg. Not soo good. My stomach issues were more frequent and not as tolerant as when I was on 10mg. Lexapro has really been big help to me. I can eat much more now than I ever good. Still in moderation and I do not touch dairy or red meat. But I am able to handle other things I couldn't in smaller quantities. I hope that you find success with this.

#329870 - 05/16/08 09:42 AM
Nugget

thank you so much Angela....it's good to hear that this has helped others. I'm beginning to believe it's going to help me tremendously, too.

One of the drawbacks of being on Lexapro.... new
      #330342 - 05/29/08 11:22 AM
Nugget

Well...I knew this would happen, but I was hoping it wouldn't. The dreaded lack of labido. The fact that I had a total hysterectomy and can't take hormones doesn't help either. My husband has mentioned it and sometimes I think that's all he thinks about rather than how I'm feeling otherwise. Ya know? That's the main reason he didn't want me to go on any antianxiety/antidepressant. I told him that there are many things that factor into my labido and the things I need the most are the love notes he used to leave me, the flowers he used to send, the "I love you"s and "you're beautiful"s he used to whisper in my ear. He no longer does those things and can't understand why that is important right now. Ya know. So frustrating and it's hurting my feelings.

Re: One of the drawbacks of being on Lexapro.... new
      #330344 - 05/29/08 11:57 AM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

Hey I'm with ya! MEN!!
Just when ya need a hug, they think they need more!
Hang in there. I feel the same way when I'm not feeling well. They don't understand when you've spent half the day in the toilet why you don't want to get it on!!

ttreat yourself to a manicure or pedicure or massage. Or all three!! That will make you feel sexy .

Have a happy day!!!

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

Re: One of the drawbacks of being on Lexapro.... new
      #330352 - 05/29/08 01:38 PM
Nugget

thanks dragonfly! Don't men realize that in order to "give it" we have to receive love and affection ahead of time? Ya know? What happened to the guy that used to make me feel special all the time. Why is it that my lack of labido is ALWAYS MY fault...he doesn't see it as part of the problem is no affection from him unless he "wants some".

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3763 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 34230

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review