All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I am new and would like some feed back
      #326728 - 03/17/08 05:22 PM
Marilynn Elliott

Reged: 02/26/08

Hi...I am new. I was just diagnosed with Spastic Colon. I woke up half way through a colonoscopy in so much pain....they say I woke up screaming and pulled out my IV....
Now the problems I have had are sudden weight gain
(15lb. in 2mths)sharp pain under right ribs down toward appendix. Constipation...bloating
I have been living on
oatmeal and brown rice...lemons V-8juice for the last 2mths.
PLEASE INPUT thanks OMelli

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I am new and would like some feed back new
      #326733 - 03/17/08 07:45 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

Welcome!

If I were living on the foods you eat, I would definitely be SICK! I think you need to read the diet info on the website. You'll also get a lot more feedback on diet if you post to the "IBS Diet" message board.

Good luck!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

#326737 - 03/18/08 05:21 AM
Barbara50

Reged: 09/26/07
Loc: Texas

Marilyn, I am D not C but I too was diagnosed with "spastic colon", the old term for IBS. I can tell you that IBS can be controlled but first you have to become stable. I still can't eat brown rice or oatmeal (some IBSers can tolerate oatmeal but I can't) because they have too much insoluble fiber in them and cause me to have D. You need to spend about a day looking through this website, order the acacia, the fennel tea and the "Eating for IBS" book. If you use the search feature on the message boards you can read posts from others that have constipation like you do. I don't have any answers for why you are gaining weight--I lost about 20 lbs when my IBS got really bad--since starting on the diet I have gained about 5 back but I'm maintaining now. It takes time and patience to control IBS--you have to first stop the cycle of pain and D or C. After you finally do that it still takes months, if not years to get into a routine that keeps you stable. I am now doing well but I still have episodes of IBS that pop up but usually I can pin point exactly why. Good luck to you.

--------------------
IBS-D, Gas & Bloating

Barbara50

#327865 - 04/06/08 04:29 AM
juliee

Reged: 04/02/08
Loc: Idaho

I am new also,have had IBS for a long time, just diagnosed two years ago. Your pain sounds so similar to what I get. Do you still have your gallbladder? Mine was removed because it was not functioning well, I had hoped this would get rid of my problems but it didn't. I feel your frustration, not knowing what to eat is driving me crazy. My doctor put me on hyosciamine for spasm and this has been a great help. This website has been very beneficial. It is nice to have so many people to rely on. HOpe you can get some relief too. Julie

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1074 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1224

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review