All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Check this out! It's worth a try!
      #323017 - 01/23/08 10:21 AM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

I've been doing some online searching and reading about IBS-D remedies, etc. and ran across several articles last night about a home remedie someone found out about by accident for their IBS-D. I'm going to go buy some of these cookies today!!

Here is just one link to an article about the remedie, but if you do a search about coconut macaroons, you'll find several.
http://www.healthcentral.com/peoplespharmacy/408/54449.htm

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Check this out! It's worth a try! new
      #323020 - 01/23/08 10:52 AM
Fatso

Reged: 01/18/08
Loc: United States

Quote:

I've been doing some online searching and reading about IBS-D remedies, etc. and ran across several articles last night about a home remedie someone found out about by accident for their IBS-D. I'm going to go buy some of these cookies today!!

Here is just one link to an article about the remedie, but if you do a search about coconut macaroons, you'll find several.
http://www.healthcentral.com/peoplespharmacy/408/54449.htm

Yes, I have heard of this (without even clicking the link), but it can't be any macaroon.
It must be Archway Macaroons, which I heard was good for C not D, but I may be wrong on that.

Edited by Fatso (01/23/08 10:54 AM)

#323021 - 01/23/08 10:56 AM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

Here is one article I found....

Coconut Macaroon Pioneer Pleased With Results

Posting Date: 06/14/2001

Q. I am writing to you about the many articles you've written on coconut macaroon cookies since I first wrote you about them. I am amazed at the response you have gotten.

Three years ago in August, I discovered this diarrhea remedy, and it is still working great for me. Every time an article about coconut macaroons appears in my paper, I get a wonderful feeling because it also might be helping someone else. And to think it all started by accident.

If anyone asks me about the cookies I am only too happy to tell them of my experience. I always tell them that you took a chance on printing my letter back in November 1998 to get the word out. For almost three years now I've been able to leave for work in the morning and not have to plan ahead to where the next restroom is. Thank you and keep up the good work!

A. We thank you, Donald Agar of Pittsfield, MA, for your original observation that coconut macaroons control chronic diarrhea: "I have had Crohn's disease for 40 years, and during that time I have had a never-ending battle with diarrhea. Lomotil helps some, but it doesn't eliminate the problem.

"Three months ago, I bought a box of Archway Coconut Macaroon cookies. I've been eating two a day and I have not experienced diarrhea in that time. If by chance I eat three in a day, I get constipated. Believe me, I have a new life now."

Because of your letter, many people have found relief from diarrhea. Some have written to tell us about their extraordinary experiences with coconut. A biochemist, Mary G. Enig, Ph.D., suggests the antibacterial action of lauric acid in coconut may be responsible for its benefits.

#323038 - 01/23/08 02:24 PM
Erilyn

Reged: 11/14/07
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Canada

I clicked on the link but the page "could not be found".

I read what you posted though and it sounds too good to be true! I really don't like coconut but jeez, I might be persuaded to start liking it real fast. How much you wanna bet you can't buy this brand in Canada though...

--------------------
IBS-A since age 12, and fructose sensitive; with the exception of my pregnancy, have been following Heather's diet since Nov. 19, 2007.
Taking 12g of Acacia per day. Relatively stable since March 2008!

Edited by Erilyn (01/23/08 02:24 PM)

#323039 - 01/23/08 03:06 PM
renee21

Reged: 06/02/05
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I did a search and found this:

http://pub50.bravenet.com/forum/4248179107/fetch/56537/

Although seems odd to me that coconut oil would help with D.

--------------------
IBS-C, lots of spasm and trapped gas.

#323042 - 01/23/08 03:37 PM
bbrussie

Loc: Des Moines

Erin, if you can't get them in Canada, I'd be happy to ship them to you from Des Moines, Iowa!

I don't like coconut either but ANYTHING to get rid of the D! And just by eating cookies (with my peppermint or fennel tea, of course!)

--------------------
Diagnosed February 2008, IBS-D. Trying to get through the day.

#323044 - 01/23/08 03:49 PM
Erilyn

How nice of you!

I did some searching on the internet and can't even find a company website. I did, however stumble across a question Yahoo Answers where someone asked where they could buy them, and a few people said Walmart. I assume they mean American Walmarts, but it certainly wouldn't hurt to check the Walmarts here! Who knows, they may indeed have them.

--------------------
IBS-A since age 12, and fructose sensitive; with the exception of my pregnancy, have been following Heather's diet since Nov. 19, 2007.

#323045 - 01/23/08 03:53 PM
Erilyn

Hmmm... I wonder if we could use soy milk instead of the evaporated milk in the recipe?

--------------------

#323048 - 01/23/08 04:25 PM
kim123

Reged: 07/18/06
Loc: Florida

Coconut oil is a natural antifungal. Caprylic acid, a powerful natural antifungal, is a derivitive of coconut oil. So, if your symptoms improve after eating coconut, does that mean ones' D symptoms could be the result of a fungal/yeast overgrowth??...cause/effect?

#323049 - 01/23/08 04:36 PM
Fatso

Loc: United States

Quote:

Coconut oil is a natural antifungal. Caprylic acid, a powerful natural antifungal, is a derivitive of coconut oil. So, if your symptoms improve after eating coconut, does that mean ones' D symptoms could be the result of a fungal/yeast overgrowth??...cause/effect?

I don't know about that, but this looks interesting:
The Coconut Diet

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 264 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4905

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review