All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
Re: lismaria new
      #321845 - 01/07/08 02:32 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I do go to the chiropractor but not as often as I used to. I find that the adjustments make me hurt too much after. He has one of those zappy gun things and sets it on the child setting but my body just can't take very much of it right now. Glad to hear that it has really helped you, I think a lot of people really benefit from it!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Patient Advocate! new
      #321846 - 01/07/08 02:36 PM
michele

Hmm, I have been thinking of a career switch! Thanks for the kind words and encouragement!

--------------------

Re: Just an update new
      #321848 - 01/07/08 02:41 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Quote:

My head is swimming with all the information and different opinions. Its so hard to know what to do.

That is a lot to consider! Do you have someone who goes with you to doctors appointments? I usually go by myself, but I'd probably feel better if someone went with me because there's so much to think about and learn I don't always remember everything.

Hugs, Michele. I'm glad you updated us on what's been going and where you're at right now.

#321921 - 01/08/08 08:51 AM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

It's been probably over a year since I've been here....but I remember you and all the troubles you were having the last time I was here (you feel down, were having trouble conceiving, etc.)

I just wanted to say that my thoughts are with you and hang in there!! *hugs*

Re: Thanks kim new
      #321945 - 01/08/08 11:30 AM
michele

Good memory! My foot healed but not without a crazy bout of reflex sympathetic dystrophy that needed 6 spinal blocks and a crap load of physical therapy! After 5 miscarriages, we stopped. Than I got sick. So, here I am still sick!

I hope you have been off the boards because you have been feeling better?!

--------------------

Re: MariaMaria new
      #321946 - 01/08/08 11:37 AM
michele

No, I usually go alone. I have a 3 inch thick 3 ring binder with all my test results and info in it. I always write down questions before I go so I don't forget to ask things. But somehow, something is always forgotten!

I am going to try and take a step back for the next while. I have an appt next Thursday with an infectious disease dr who I have seen before. he is a throwback fro the 60's and a bit left wing so is open to new idea's. I just dropped my records off at his office so he has a chance to look at everything before I see him!

I also found a dr through a sarcoidosis board who is supposed to be the head guy. He said he knows about the Marshall protocol so I made an appt with him for the end of February.

All this obsessing and worrying has got my gut in an awful knot. I have become accustomed to the C and sometimes explosive D on a daily basis but when this pain sets in, it gets to be too much.

--------------------

#321950 - 01/08/08 11:42 AM
auntdebs318

Reged: 10/18/07
Loc: Yardley, Pa

I guess you missed mine Michelle..

--------------------
IBS-C gas, bloating and acid reflux

Babies is the plan for 2008!!Hope this IBS cooperates.

#321985 - 01/08/08 07:03 PM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Yes I have actually been feeling amazing!! I started being really strict with myself as far as my eating, exercise, etc. and I went from 140 pounds to 118 pounds. My IBS symptoms are very minimal now (although I still get the odd flare up every once in a while - but honestly it's been about 6 months since my last one).

I honestly haven't feel this good in years.

I'm so sorry that you're having such a hard time....but you are incredibly strong and I know you will get through it all. *hugs*

#322045 - 01/09/08 11:20 AM
michele

Thanks for the kind words. I must tell you though that my strength is running out. Some days I feel so beaten down.

When I made most of the other replies, my boss was in and I was hurrying, so yes, I must have missed yours. Sorry.

Hugs and love

--------------------

#322046 - 01/09/08 11:24 AM
michele

Wow, thats fantanstic! Its great to hear about people who do so well!!!

I only wish I could be 140 pounds again, let alone 118!! How many calories are you eating a day? I am eating 1200 calories and working out 3 times a week and I am just generally more active since my pain levels are down but I haven't lost a single darn pound!!!!!! The picture shown of me was pre-illness and steroids and crap, I hope to look like that again one day.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 834 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 12261

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review