All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
New here
      #321212 - 12/26/07 04:14 PM
AKmagnolia

Reged: 12/26/07

Hi. I'm new here but definately not new to IBS.I was diagnosed with IBS in 2002. Although, I began experiencing it in about 1999.I also suffer from moderate anxiety and agoraphobia along with mild depression.My anxiety definately brings out the IBS.I also find that it is aggravated when I'm eating the "wrong" foods such as chocolate, oats, and ice cream for example.Also, my IBS-D flares up(sometimes very badly)just a day or two before my period. Do any of you other ladies experience this? IBS symptoms that I have are stomach cramping, nervousness, and IBS-D.I know that I have been diagnosed with IBS but I'm not really sure it is just that. I think there may be food allergies,too but I haven't been tested for that yet. I look forward to getting to know you all and learning all I can here.

--------------------
IBS-D
Diagnosed at age 30 but having symptoms since age 26

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: New here new
      #321219 - 12/27/07 12:27 AM
Erilyn

Reged: 11/14/07
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Canada

Hi and welcome to the board! You are definitely not alone. I've had IBS since I was a teenager (I am 29 now), and although I don't have full-fledged agoraphobia, I do experience some mild to moderate social anxiety.

As for IBS and my period, I have found that my IBS seems to get a little worse during PMS but not during my actual period. It wasn't always like this, though. When I was younger (teens to early 20s) my IBS was definitely worse during my entire period. I lot of the ladies here though say that IBS and their periods most definitely do not mix!

--------------------
IBS-A since age 12, and fructose sensitive; with the exception of my pregnancy, have been following Heather's diet since Nov. 19, 2007.
Taking 12g of Acacia per day. Relatively stable since March 2008!

#321220 - 12/27/07 12:38 AM
CJIBSDG

Reged: 12/24/07
Loc: Idaho

Welcome aboard. I also suffer from some anxiety and nervous stomach but I'm having a difficult time identifying which comes first (the anxiety or stomach issues). I really think that it's the stomach issues that are causing my anxiety. As for foods, it could just be that the food is causing your stomach stress (not necessarily allergies). My symptoms sound pretty similar to yours (I suffer from IBS-D, nervous stomach, gas, pain) I've never been able to identify any certain foods because when I'm having a problem it's everyday almost non stop. I have been following Heather's diet for 2 weeks now and have only had a couple bouts of D, the gas is somewhat better and the pain is enormously better, the nervous stomach is much less frequent but definitely still there (I'm typically fine when I'm alone, but when I get with a group my stomach gets nervous - this could be due to memories of years of past experiences in groups). I no longer have menstrual periods but I do recall having D on the first day of my period every month. Hope this helps, and best of luck to you!

--------------------
Jeanette IBS-D, then switched to IBS-A, now stable with Udo's Choice Super Bifido Plus Probiotic

#321273 - 12/28/07 02:51 PM
Alli32

Reged: 03/24/05

You may want to try the IBS hypnosis program -- many people have found it to be very helpful with the anxiety and nervousness, which will lead to a decrease in IBS attacks overall. I was having almost daily panic attacks before I tried the hypnosis CDs and they helped tremendously.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 938 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1869

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review