All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Following diet now have constipation
      #321154 - 12/24/07 05:41 AM
CJIBSDG

Reged: 12/24/07
Loc: Idaho

Good morning all and Merry Christmas! I've been following Heather's diet for 2 weeks now and am feeling SO MUCH BETTER!!! Thank you Heather from the bottom of my heart. My symptoms have been frequent and urgent BMs, pain, and very foul gas. Since I've been following the diet, the pain is at least 80% better, I've not had more than 2 BM in a day (never urgent), the gas is better in that it is no longer foul smelling but I do still have a lot of gas... I've started taking the peppermint capsules, peppermint and fennel teas, and acacia fiber (4 days ago). My biggest problem now is that I'm just not having BMs.. To help combat this, I've been making sure I get 1 to 2 servings of apple (peeled) or applesause, and black grapes (peeled) every day - still no luck. It has been 4 days since my last BM. In addition to the fruit, I've been eating potatos, no yolk egg noodles, french bread, grilled chicken breasts, salmon, bananas and green beans. Can someone please offer some advice for this?

Thank you and Merry Christmas to all!!

--------------------
Jeanette IBS-D, then switched to IBS-A, now stable with Udo's Choice Super Bifido Plus Probiotic

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Following diet now have constipation new
      #321177 - 12/25/07 08:52 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

My stomach did a lurch when you said green beans, but otherwise I think you are pretty much on track! Do you take a SFS? It might be a good idea to start one at lease temporarily, until your C changes. Best of luck to you~

~nelly~

#321185 - 12/25/07 05:42 PM
CJIBSDG

Thank you Nelly, yes I've been taking Heather's acacia fiber 1/2 teaspoon twice daily - I've been taking it for 5 days now so maybe it's time to bump it up a bit... Thank you for your response and hope you had a terrific Christmas!!

--------------------
Jeanette IBS-D, then switched to IBS-A, now stable with Udo's Choice Super Bifido Plus Probiotic

#321274 - 12/28/07 02:53 PM
Alli32

Reged: 03/24/05

Welcome! The foods you listed seem to be mostly soluble fiber. Perhaps you need to (carefully) add a little bit more insoluble fiber to your diet to "get things going." Good luck.

#321275 - 12/28/07 03:28 PM
CJIBSDG

Thanks Alli. I think you're right - however, it's not been a problem this week... I ended up getting food poisoning on Christmas eve (must have been bad turkey), then yesterday I came down with the flu so it's been a BIG D week for me. Darn it anyway - just when I was getting my tummy settled for the first time in 10 months!! Oh well, just a few setbacks, I still think I'm on the road to recovery!!

--------------------

#321447 - 01/01/08 03:37 PM
Alli32

Reged: 03/24/05

Sounds like a rough week. I hope that you are feeling better today!

#321451 - 01/01/08 04:18 PM
colettewoolf

Reged: 10/28/06

For me, I needed to start out with 2 teaspoons of the Acacia fiber. You need to experiment when the time is right to do so, but 1/2 tsp sounds like a very, very modest dose. Hope you're feeling better!

#321537 - 01/02/08 04:30 PM
CJIBSDG

Well, I actually decreased my acacia from 1 tsp per day to 1/2 tsp per day and that has helped with the gas. I also stopped eating bananas (I think that was causing the C). I'm also taking a probiotic (I'm on day 3) and no more C!!

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1034 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3078

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review