All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
socializing
      #319705 - 11/28/07 07:13 PM
Valerie A.

Reged: 11/08/05

Went to Olive Garden for dinner tonight with a friend. I want to go out with friends and not put myself through this anxiety. There's just so much stress involved. What will I eat? What if I have an attack during dinner? Okay, I've got about 20 minutes before I'll need a bathroom afterwards. Where's the closest bathrooms on my drive home? Tonight we went to a store after dinner. I thought I'd blow up or something while in the store. I feel sorry for the people walking behind me. Luckily I made it home just in time tonight.

holiday season means more dinner parties and social outings to attend. Does the holiday season bring a fear of socializing for you? Completely frustrated with myself.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: socializing new
      #319727 - 11/29/07 08:53 AM
BendeeWendee

Reged: 07/23/07
Loc: Brooklyn, NY

Tell me about it. Sometimes the thought of walking a couple of blocks to run an errand sends me into anxiety hell. Just curious, what did you eat at Olive Garden? I love that place but I haven't been since IBS...

--------------------
Wendy IBS A thru Z
Taking it one day at a time...

#319755 - 11/29/07 01:47 PM
Valerie A.

I hadn't been there in about a year.. yeah, that place still doesn't like me at all... I had 2 breadsticks, coke, seafood porflino (sp?).. in wine sauce..

#319774 - 11/29/07 06:40 PM
leahmarie

Reged: 11/28/07
Loc: Midwest

I know exactly what you mean. I feel totally wonderful when I wake up in the morning but by 3 or so in the afternoon I feel like a balloon ready to pop. I fart more than anyone I have ever met in my life. Talk about embarassing. I always have to leave parties or get togethers early because I'm scared the button is going to pop off my pants. I rarely go to the bathroom but it always happens that when I'm shopping in a store that doesn't have a bathroom, that's when I get the urge to go. I always have to drop what I'm doing and run home. It's good to know I'm not alone in the world of frustration.

--------------------
Leah-----
IBS-C predominant, gas, cramps, bloating, uncomfortable... oh and some colitis to top it all off

#321278 - 12/28/07 04:25 PM
CJIBSDG

Reged: 12/24/07
Loc: Idaho

I feel your frustration Val - been there done that at least a million times!! I often have lunch with friends on Saturday and they like to shop afterwards - well I know that just doesn't work for me so I've changed the schedule, if we are going to shop, then we go before lunch or I do not go. Of course, that doesn't always work either b/c just the shopping experience even on an empty stomach can lead to D for me. Unfortunately, I think I've become somewhat of a recluse as a result of all of this, but I'm working on it - I just ordered the hypno CDs and am hopeful that will help in that department.

--------------------
Jeanette IBS-D, then switched to IBS-A, now stable with Udo's Choice Super Bifido Plus Probiotic

#321280 - 12/28/07 06:19 PM
Valerie A.

Jeannette -- I know what you mean by being somewhat of a recluse..

I made it through all the Christmas parties and Christmas day. I always feel bad for leaving early. I get so tired of saying "sorry to leave early, I'm not feeling well." Most everyone knows that I have IBS, they truly don't understand it though. So they think I'm just using it as an excuse.

#321286 - 12/28/07 07:34 PM
CJIBSDG

Reged: 12/24/07
Loc: Idaho

Valerie, It's always so refreshing to hear that I'm not alone!!! Although no-one has ever said anything to me, I often feel that they are thinking I'm making excuses - but I just keep reminding myself that it is not something that can easily be understood. It's just one of those things that they need to walk a mile in our shoes to understand - that helps me to have compassion for their ignorance!

--------------------
Jeanette IBS-D, then switched to IBS-A, now stable with Udo's Choice Super Bifido Plus Probiotic

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1989 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2379

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review