All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Venting... sorry but I just need to vent
      #319529 - 11/26/07 06:24 PM
bdcanfield

Reged: 03/02/05
Loc: Carlisle, Pa USA

I am 22 years old in grad school with an assistantship for the department, and a seasonal park ranger position on all breaks. I have IBS - A (diag about 2.5 years ago) and Endometriosis (diag. last Dec). Recently I found out that I can not get anymore Zelnorm and also that my current treatment for Endo is not working. This means next term I will be put back on Lupron depot injections which will throw me into menopause for the second time! I am so scared, how will I balance everything? I mean Grad school is stressful enough not to add the assistantship, IBS worsening, and trying to tell my new friends (this is the least of my worries). My family is extremely supportive in fact next week my Mom is having a hysterectomy, unfortunately I can not go home for it due to finals. URgh!!!! Sorry to vent.

--------------------
Smile and the world smiles back

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Venting... sorry but I just need to vent new
      #319532 - 11/26/07 07:31 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

I'm sorry you're going through all this right now. I totally understand how things can build up, and it's the holidays too, ugh.

Why can't you get your medicine anymore? Is it possible to switch doctors in order to get a fresh start and go back on the Zelnorm, or is it going to be unavailable across the boards?

{{{{HUGS}}}} to you!~

~nelly~

#319533 - 11/26/07 08:24 PM
bdcanfield

Reged: 03/02/05
Loc: Carlisle, Pa USA

Zelnorm is banned by the FDA and almost impossible to get it.

--------------------
Smile and the world smiles back

#319567 - 11/27/07 10:17 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Unbelievable. I'm a D, so I guess I wasn't paying attention to the big news when it broke. Sorry.

One of my medicines was also discontinued this year because-- get this-- it wasn't making enough money. I was on the anti-spasmodic Hyosciamine, and was taking it in liquid form (as a spray called IBStat) and it was DISCONTINUED. Because of PROFIT. Crap, I say.

I'm hoarding what I have left.

This might be a lame question, but is Zelnorm available in other parts of North America? Like our neighbors to the South?

~nelly~

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3275 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2411

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review