All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Blackrvn5 - recovery question
      #319328 - 11/21/07 06:59 PM
pixiegoddess

Reged: 01/18/07

Hi! After reading your post on your Thanksgiving plans it sounds like you are doing well with your recovery. I do have a question for you, though. So far my recovery has been going fairly well. But I am still having a lot of epigastric type soreness. Did you or do you have this? It feels sore right under my ribs like maybe it's from when they pump all the gas/air into your abdomen and maybe it stretches or bruises the diaphragm? Just a guess, but it still feels a little uncomfortable. Not much of an appetite either, mostly because of the soreness. I've heard it can sometimes take a week for all the air to discipate. Otherwise I feel pretty good - walking the dog and even went shopping today for a little while! Maybe I just need to be more patient - today is day 5 of recovery not including the day of surgery. Thanks for any response in advance and have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Blackrvn5 - recovery question new
      #319337 - 11/22/07 05:03 AM
blackrvn5

Reged: 04/02/07
Loc: Virginia

I was just thinking about you this morning wondering how you were doing. I do feel a lot better than this past weekend, but am still quite sore. I have bruising around the belly button and the incision by the ribs. That's the area that still hurts the most. My DH was actually lecturing me about standing up straight since I haven't yet. Glad to hear about the air. I feel like I look 6 months pregnant still. Maybe once I start moving a lot more it will look better. Went to get haircuts yesterday and pick up a RX and that wore me out. Hope I have more energy by Monday when I go back to my kindergarteners. Doc reminded me that though we may look like we are healing quickly on the outside it was still major surgery inside. It takes a lot longer for that to heal. Have a happy Thanksgiving and try some mashed potatoes. You'll feel much better.

--------------------
Susan
IBS-A, Gas, Pain, Reflux
"The first in time and the first in importance of the influences upon the mind is that of nature. Every day, the sun; and after sunset, night and her stars. Ever the winds blow; ever the grass grows."
Emerson, August 31, 1837

Re: Blackrvn5 - recovery question new
      #319361 - 11/23/07 02:38 AM
pixiegoddess

Reged: 01/18/07

Thanks for your response. I am still sore also, and I guess I just have to be patient. After all, it has only been a week since my surgery. I'm just not used to sitting around and I was hoping to feel better by now. I, too, will be back to work on Monday and am hoping that I feel better. Still no appetite and had some nausea yesterday. I haven't been taking pain meds on a regular basis - I had Anexia - it was making me dizzy an nauseated. I'm just taking extra-strength Tylenol as needed, but maybe I need it more that I think! Anyway, glad to hear you're doing a little better and I guess I just have to remind myself that an organ was ripped out of me! And standing or sitting up straight does seem to help the uncomfortable feeling. Take care!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2706 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1132

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review