All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: Update: Hospital Meltdown -- Advice: Take Metamucil!!!! new
      #319551 - 11/27/07 07:50 AM
BendeeWendee

Reged: 07/23/07
Loc: Brooklyn, NY

I was thinking the same as daniel. You might want to get a sonogram of your organs to rule out anything gall bladder related because gall bladder issues mimick some of the IBS symptons--constantly having BMS be it solid or D-ish, nausea, etc. Thankfully, the sonogram is a piece of cake--lay down, they spread that wonderfully cold jelly on your belly, and then your tummy talks into the mike.

Hope you feel better and sending virtual hugs your way.

--------------------
Wendy IBS A thru Z
Taking it one day at a time...

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Gall bladder test? new
      #319568 - 11/27/07 10:19 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

There's also another gall bladder test, I think, involving dyes and an x-ray machine? That's the one I think I might be getting soon.

~nelly~

Re: Gall bladder test? new
      #319655 - 11/28/07 10:24 AM
DanielsDad

Reged: 03/31/04

Nelly... I believe you are referring to a HIDA scan. It's a nuclear test that measures the evacuation rate of the bile from your gall bladder.

Been there, done that. Had gall bladder removed about 4 years ago because it quit working.

#319669 - 11/28/07 11:42 AM
Nelly

The HIDA scan-- that's definitely the one I was thinking of. What's the recovery like after gall bladder surgery? Did the removal of your gall bladder make you feel any better, or did your IBS just change from C to D or whatever?

~nelly~

#319671 - 11/28/07 12:14 PM
DanielsDad

Reged: 03/31/04

The surgery was done laproscopically (sp?) so recovery was a breeze. If I remember correctly, the doctor wanted me to take at least 2 weeks off of work. I only took one week off (office job). I actually should have taken her up on it and taken 2 weeks because I stayed sick the rest of the winter. That's what I get for thinking how "strong" I was.

It unfortunately make my D worse, but I'm able to control it for the most part by taking Benefiber every morning. At least now I don't get sick when I eat Also, I've found that anything gaseous, like beans and greens, have to be eaten in moderation now because I will suffer greatly for most of the night if I eat too much of them for supper.

#319680 - 11/28/07 01:41 PM
Nelly

I think that as I get older, the more gas is a problem and the less D is for me. I use a lot of imodium, and the more C it makes me, the more trapped gas is a problem. I've essentially swapped one problem for the other~!

The word "bean" makes me gaseous!

~nelly~

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1118 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 10535

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review