All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Do you ever wonder.....
      #317141 - 10/22/07 08:37 AM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

Do you ever wonder if it is possible to return to that part of our lives when we DIDN'T have IBS? Those days when we didn't have a worry in the world and lived a carefree life. Those days when we played all day, slept good at night, and woke the next moring to do it all over again. Those days when we loved going places and eating foods without any concern about what the consiquences would be. Those days for me are my early childhood. I wish I could get those carefree feelings back and not have a care in the world. I believe most of my IBS is caused by stress and worry. Concerns that don't bother anyone else. I wish I could have a day without worrying about anything. Why do I worry so much when the same things don't bother other people. How do they do it?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Do you ever wonder..... new
      #317143 - 10/22/07 08:52 AM
BendeeWendee

Reged: 07/23/07
Loc: Brooklyn, NY

Hey Nugget. I've become a 24 hour wonderer. For me, those days were as recent as June/July 07. I believe that I do have IBS but a lot of my stomach issues are derived from my anxiety that was once a whisper and is now it's own entity. Sigh. I look at everything differently now. My friends who often go out to dinner and drinks, folks in reality shows so far from home, people on the subway who aren't worrying about getting stuck/trapped, etc.--all things that I used to do and things that I would never look at and wonder about! 'Course, you and I can't judge our insides by someone else's outsides 'cause we don't know what their malfunctions are, but you know what I mean...

Wendy<---wondering right now!

--------------------
Wendy IBS A thru Z
Taking it one day at a time...

#317144 - 10/22/07 09:10 AM
Nugget

Yes, Wendee...I know exactly what you mean. Those people who seem to not be worrying about anything might be in the same boat we are and they are good at covering it up in public just like we can. I've had people tell me when they find out that I'm a constant worrier that they would have never guessed it. They are surprised. This weekend I'm going with my husband to set up his hunting camp in the mountains. It will be a three day two night stay. I should be excited and thrilled to go on such an adventure. But, all I can do right now is wonder about all the "what ifs". I wish I could just get all the worrys out of my mind and focus on the fun that we will be having. I'm so glad I can talk to you and you understand. thanks {{{hugs}}}

#317162 - 10/22/07 06:27 PM
AmandaM

Reged: 10/05/05

At least when you're camping the entire world is your bathroom

I just ordered the Hypnotherapy CDs (finally!) to help me with my IBS anxiety and worrying. I am counting on them helping me view my life in a more positive way, rather than dwelling on all the bad things that could potentially happen to me. It's funny, I know my anxiety is so irrational and I am such a smart cookie when it comes to being sensible, but I can't overcome it. You're definitely not alone on this!

#317164 - 10/22/07 06:32 PM
BendeeWendee

Quote:

It's funny, I know my anxiety is so irrational and I am such a smart cookie when it comes to being sensible, but I can't overcome it. You're definitely not alone on this!

OMG, me too! What was once a mere whisper has now become something out of a friggin' megaphone and I can't shake it off! My therapist said that I'm making my world smaller by limiting myself to things I used to do and that these are bad negative habits that must be broken.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I put the mental in ornamental!

--------------------
Wendy IBS A thru Z

#317180 - 10/23/07 09:25 AM
Nugget

thanks Amanda! {{{hugs}}} that's so true about the entire world being the bathroom when camping. I'm into photography right now so it will be a great opportunity for me to get some spectacular photos of the wild horses in that area. The thing I'm struggling with right now is not being able to forget things that people have said recently and in the past that has hurt my feelings or made me feel unappreciated. It's a long story and I won't go into it here, but it's so hard for me right now. I've been extremely emotional and depressed about it the past few days.

#317181 - 10/23/07 09:30 AM
Nugget

I agree Wendee!

Me too Wendee... new
      #317350 - 10/24/07 09:38 PM
AmandaM

Reged: 10/05/05

It's daunting isn't it? I just started a new job and I the only reason I doubt myself is because of my IBS and my unrelenting fear that it is going to hinder me from fully performing to my very best. I just got the hypno tapes so I hope they help somewhat. I need to find a therapist, too, to help my deal with my overall anxiety.

Re: Me too Wendee... new
      #317369 - 10/25/07 07:39 AM
BendeeWendee

Amanda -

My anxiety/agoraphobia is very VERY common and so I'm going for CBT (Cognitive Behavorial Therapy). Sometimes just going to the other side of the floor where I work on makes me feel unsure. How crazy is this?! Now I always carry my bathroom keys with me (something I never did) in case I have to escape to the bathroom! If I go to someone's office or cubicle and I don't have my keys, I start to stress myself out!

--------------------
Wendy IBS A thru Z

Re: Me too Wendee... new
      #317388 - 10/25/07 10:26 AM
Nugget

Wendee...I'm the same way...only I feel stressed if I'm away from home and realize I forgot to put Imodium Chewables in my pocket. How crazy is that?

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3435 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6757

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review