All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Back from the fibro doc
      #316536 - 10/12/07 11:09 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Aside from a fiery case of IBS-D, I've been having seizures since I was 1. I have tics, jerks and spasms in my twilight sleep which have turned to jaw snaps and bites, and crunching jerking convulsions. Whatever these symptoms are, they're getting consecutively suckier.

My fibro doctor's words: "This is something else than fibro." He wants me cleared for MS.

So I'm about to meet my new neurologist. He treats my mom's friend (who has fibro and MS), and she seems to like him. I'm looking at a prescription piece of paper with fibro doc's scrawly handwritings for a MRI to look for brain anomalies. It's hitting me like a ton of bricks. *tears*

I don't want to be the sick girl who has to be rushed to the neurologist right away for expensive inconclusive tests. I want to be the girl who needs an operation to take out the bastard thing who's controlling her body so she can breathe the way she should, eat with joy, poop without a care, and get on with her F*^&ING life, get a JOB, PAY HER BILLS, and have a relationship! Or ten!

Why can't I be the tall girl, or the blonde girl or the clever girl, or the girl with cute toes, or the girl who likes hockey and television and good music, or the one who can tell a joke, or needs makeup tips, or the one with sweet breath, or the one with funny teeth... NOT THE GODD*MN SICK GIRL!!

~nelly~ *crying*

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Back from the fibro doc new
      #316542 - 10/12/07 11:36 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Hugs, Nelly! What a shock to hear! Hugs, hugs, hugs! You know we're here for you whenever you need to talk or vent. Let us know when your MRI is and how you're holding up.

#316546 - 10/12/07 11:52 AM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

So sorry Nelly {{{hugs}}}. We are all here for you whenever you need us. I hope that the docs can give you some relief soon. Just keep a positive attitude and keep smiling even though I know it's hard. Here's a quote that I try to keep in mind when I get worried or "knocked down". It goes like this: "When you come to the edge of all the light you know, and are about to step off into the darkness of the unknown, faith is knowing one of two things will happen. There will be something solid to stand on, or you will be taught how to fly." ~Barbara J. Winter

Another good quote: "I'm not afraid of the Wicked Witch or her 'freakin' flying monkeys!!" ~Erin Brochovich

#316570 - 10/12/07 01:56 PM
kim123

Reged: 07/18/06
Loc: Florida

Nelly,
I feel so bad for you. I'm wondering if you ever had a candida test done. Bad D, FM and MS can symptoms of all those things. Yeast/fungus is a real evil that can do much damage to our body. For me, it gave me symptoms of UC. Have you tried an antifungal program at any time to see if you noticed a difference? I have read of others that improved dramatically if they followed the treatment protocol. I don't know...I'm just trying to give you something to think about. May be a long shot, but who knows, it has worked for some. Are you willing to give something different a try? Take care.
Will be thinking if you.
Kim

#316578 - 10/12/07 04:15 PM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

Well Nelly, you may not be those other kind of girls but you ARE the girl with the fantastic sense of humor, the girl with quick wit and the girl with a healthy handle on sarcasm. And if my mind serves me correctly, you're also adventure girl with all your travels. I will tell you, you don't have the market on "sick girl". Um, at least not around here!

I'm sorry you're not feeling well and that you have to go through a bunch of cruddy tests. That really sucks. Please keep us informed of how you're doing and what you find out. We're thinking of you.

BIG hugs.
Lauren

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

#316586 - 10/12/07 06:49 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

Oh Nelly!!! I'm putting in prayers for you that you do not have MS!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!! We had a scare with my mum this last year - was it MS or Meuniers or an aneurysm or all of the above. I was freaked. I hope they find you some answers soon so you can get on with your life!!!

(((((((((((( HUGS ))))))))))))))))

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

#316698 - 10/15/07 01:49 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hey Nelly,

I am so so sorry to hear that you are going through this - sometimes it seems like you just can't catch a break!
I know how hard it is to be the girl who is "always sick" and it really does suck the big suck. For what it's worth, I think you are also 'the funny girl' on the boards and 'the helpful girl' and a very strong girl to have made it through everything you've gone through.

I don't know very much, or anything really, about neurology so I can only hope that the MRI will be conclusive and you can find something out, one way or the other so that you can at put not knowing what is going on to rest.

Good luck and I am sending you lots of hugs and stuff,

Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

#317007 - 10/19/07 08:43 AM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

oh, Nelly, I'm so sorry to hear this. I've been off the boards for awhile, so I'm trying to catch up on everything. How are you doing? What happened with the doctor?? You know we're all here for you!! HUGS!!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

Stoopid looming MRI appt new
      #317024 - 10/19/07 11:31 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Thank you all-- I've read through everyone's replies and I know that I am not the "sick girl" by the least-- not these boards. Thank you for putting that in perspectives again.

So, I've been self medicating with pancake batter and syrup. I am not proud.

My MRI has been moved to a week from today. My mother's friends, whom she swore she wouldn't call, have been leaving me cooing, childlike messages to just rest. Patronizing, ugh.

I haven't cried for the day yet, so I guess I'll do that now.

~nelly~

Re: Stoopid looming MRI appt new
      #317719 - 10/31/07 01:19 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

Nelly - what happened with the MRI????

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2664 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3317

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review