All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
I cheated BIG TIME!!!
      #315763 - 09/30/07 07:22 AM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

OK....I have a confession to make. Last night I was home alone because hubby is at our mountain property getting things ready for winter. I decided to make chocolate chip cookies to take to him when I go to see him today. Well, they were the Pilsbury break-apart cookie dough cubes that you just place on a cookie sheet and slide into the oven. Wouldn't you know it, 4 of those darn cubes wouldn't fit on the cookie sheet.....sooooo, I had to eat them! THEY WERE SOOOO GOOD!!! I LOVE cookie dough. Then I washed it down with some ice cold skim milk!!! I was in heaven! Then after they got out of the oven, I had to see how they were for hubby, so I ate a cookie!!! I know I'll probably pay for it sometime this morning. BUT, I WAS IN HEAVEN for a while!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I cheated BIG TIME!!! new
      #315769 - 09/30/07 09:30 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

I hope the retribution isn't too painful! I'll think good tummy thoughts for you.

I can handle cookies now, but I shudder to think what a glass of milk might do to me.

#315775 - 09/30/07 01:05 PM
caitlineb

Reged: 07/01/07
Loc: bay area, CA

i had an ice cold coke yesterday, and some hot chocolate, albeit bittersweet chocolate, so there wasn't any milk in it... but it made me feel normal! maybe i am paying the price today, because my stomach seems out of whack? it was while i was out with some friends last night, so i was able to enjoy the same things they were.
that coke was sooooo good, and i had always been a pepsi fan! mmm, sweet caffeinated, carbonated, sugary goodness...

--------------------
"I have no patience for lactose. And I won't stand for it." -Jerry Seinfeld

#315795 - 09/30/07 06:02 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

I hope your tummy survived the cookie dough and milk!! I couldn't do the milk for sure, but the dough, mmmmm, I miss cookie dough blizzards.

I cheated yesterday and today - I had a teaspoon of sour cream on my tacos yesterday (made with ground chicken) and today I make Shake N Bake chicken - thighs with the skin on! I only had the smallest one though, and didn't even finish it all. I bought the "prime" chicken thigh too, maybe it made the difference. So far, so good. And I'm the type if I cheat, I know before I've finished eating!!

Best of luck, hope the DH liked the cookies!

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

I kind of feel like a drunk who has a bad hangover and swears to never touch the stuff again.... new
      #315826 - 10/01/07 08:37 AM
Nugget

I'm paying the price today! Today I'm telling myself I'll never do that again. Had to take 3 Imodium to get away from the house and to work on time this morning. And a stressful day here at work doesn't help at all either. I did enjoy the cookies, milk, and dough, though. Hubby enjoyed them, too.
It did make me feel normal for a while....

#315827 - 10/01/07 08:39 AM
Nugget

I love sour cream on tacos and baked potatoes! Doesn't it feel good to feel normal once in a while...even if we do pay the price later?

Yes...hubby loved the cookies...

#315829 - 10/01/07 08:56 AM
Nugget

I'm glad you got to enjoy some of your favorites, Caitline. Isn't it fun even if we pay for it later?

#315929 - 10/01/07 05:20 PM
caitlineb

Reged: 07/01/07
Loc: bay area, CA

yes, it is fun. and i AM paying for something i ate last night. i actually think the coke was harmless. however, last night at my parents' house, we had a non-ibs friendly meal, even though they know i'm on a diet!! potatoes with butter on them (why couldn't they let me serve myself a butter-free portion?), lightly steamed broccoli, DARK thigh chicken meat slathered in olive oil, with onions, bell peppers, and mushrooms. i had extra mushrooms to offset some of the other stuff, but they were quite oil-laden... grrr!! sooo painful right now, and i've been "going" all day.

--------------------
"I have no patience for lactose. And I won't stand for it." -Jerry Seinfeld

#315955 - 10/02/07 10:02 AM
Nugget

Caitline....
So sorry you are feeling bad today. I hate it when we go to my parents house for dinner and my mom says something like this "I thought you could just pick out what you can't eat." I was raised like that. No wonder I have tummy problems.

#315960 - 10/02/07 11:10 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

My mom always emotionally blackmails me with food. She'll say she made a separate dish (which I still can't eat) or she'll lie about the butter/garlic/IF content in a food.

I can't tell you how many times this has happened: I'll turn down something with a floating pat of butter in it, and she'll say, "But you ate the same thing last week. I just didn't stir the butter in this time." (???!??!!)

Yeah, never mind I was sick as a dog last week...!

~nelly~ (If it's not one thing, it's your mother.)

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2939 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6548

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review