All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Do any of you ladies have this? Maybe???
      #313989 - 08/27/07 07:41 AM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

Hi I don't know if I should post this or not, not knowing if anyone has this or not but after i had my dauhter (2yrs ago) I have notice that when I ovulate I feel it and it hurts like hell. I said something to my doc about it and she said ya your one of the 1 in 50 women that can actulley feel when you ovulate! I can't take advil or tyneol so i'm just left with a heat pad!! Me and dh want to start trying to get prego but how in the hell can i feeling like this and not being able to find any vitimins to take! I am so bummed about this I have been crying I just don't know what to do! thanks for listening...
emmasmom
ibs-c
gas/ lactose intolerant

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I'm 1 out of 50 too! new
      #314035 - 08/27/07 06:54 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

I can tell you each month which side I ovulate on. Sometimes it's not on either side but I have hunch over pain in my lower belly from it. It usually can be controlled by tylenol for me but sometimes it's not until after I get the pain that I realize it's ovulating pain.

It did have one advantage. I knew when to try to have a baby. Hurt like HE## to have sex when I was in so much pain ovulating but I was fortunate to be able to tell my ovulation without any kinds of kits when trying to conceive.

How come you can't take Tylenol or Advil?

Oh and just a quick note: I've already had such excruciating pain from ovulation that I probably could have gone to the hospital but I toughed it out. When I asked the Dr. why some months it's worse than others he said cause some months you can develope cysts that burst and that's what causes the really, really, bad pains. There's nothing they can do for burst cysts except take pain relievers.
Also, I had no trouble with my prenatal vitamins. My IBS actually went away with each child for the 9mths!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

#314074 - 08/28/07 10:46 AM
BendeeWendee

Reged: 07/23/07
Loc: Brooklyn, NY

Quote:

My IBS actually went away with each child for the 9mths!

I'm curious. Now why would that be? I would think that with your expanding belly, stress, etc., you would feel or even be bloated x10. When, after birth, did your IBS kick in again?

I'm not looking to have any babies right now, though I'd love to, but at this stage in the game, at 33 with IBS, I won't even go out on a date!

--------------------
Wendy IBS A thru Z
Taking it one day at a time...

Re: Do any of you ladies have this? Maybe??? new
      #314082 - 08/28/07 12:46 PM
Jennifer67

Reged: 07/06/07
Loc: Maine

I always had some "d" episodes but nothing as chronic as now. When I was pregnant, I could eat ANYTHING without issue. Now, I have ramped up...and my belly seems to be reacting to everything. My hope is after weening..it will calm down a bit.
Anyone else feel better after weening from breastfeeding?

--------------------
IBS-D, stay at home mom of a beautiful daughter...

Re: Wendy new
      #314111 - 08/28/07 06:07 PM
LittleLisa

Well the reason I think that it goes away is hormone related. Maybe the hormones slow down and aren't raging? Not sure but I know that lots of us that have had babies can say that it goes away for some reason. Then after you have the baby your hormones get back to normal and then the IBS starts back up again. Also, I was my healthiest when I was pregnant too. I ate better and the prenatal vitamins helped keep me healthy. That could have something to do with it too. Who knows, but I know that I welcomed the IBS free 9 months even though I was big and huge carrying each child

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Re: Wendy new
      #314126 - 08/28/07 07:50 PM
BendeeWendee

Loc: Brooklyn, NY

Thanks Lisa! Damnit, it's things like that that make me wonder. For example, if the prenatal pills made the IBS go away, then maybe there's something in those pills that can help. Or if it's the hormones that helped the IBS go away--I'm thinking out loud but damn these things make me wonder.

--------------------
Wendy IBS A thru Z
Taking it one day at a time...

Thanks Lisa new
      #314195 - 08/29/07 11:18 AM
emmasmom

Wow! thanks for posting I was beinging to think i was the only one! You are right it hurts like hell. As far a tyneol goes it doesn't to anything for me I thought we couldn't take advil? Cause if we can I would of use a whole bottle in the last three days lol!What kind of vitims did you take I can't seem to find ANY ANYWERE!! thats agrees with me. Thanks so much for posting! When I was prego with my daughter I felt awesome and could almost eat anything I miss that. I ready again for a 9 month break!!! I tried taking the same vitims I took with her but they make me sick or was it just my stomach?? Thanks again for posting I don't feel so alone now! hugs xxx
emmasmom
ibs-c
lactose intolerant/gas/gas/& more gas

Re: Thanks Lisa new
      #314291 - 08/30/07 10:48 AM
LittleLisa

No problem! I love this board for that reason. I feel better knowing other people go through the same things I do.

I can't take Advil. It upsets my stomach. Tylenol is fine for me though. Motrin might help with your cramping. I can't take any type of anti-imflammatories. I'm allergic

My gosh it's been almost 10 years since I had to take my prenatal vitamins. I wanna say they were called Materna . That could be wrong...All I know is that they didn't hurt my belly and didn't have 1 single side effect. In fact, I almost was half tempted to ask my gyno if he thought I could still take them now not being pregnant. I don't take any other type of vitamin and I know I should be. I'm too afraid of upset stomach. That's such a shame that you can't eat as well as you did the first time you were pregnant. You must be having the opposite sex this time. Do you know what you are having?

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Lisa me again new
      #314324 - 08/30/07 03:44 PM
emmasmom

Oh i'm not prego but were thinking about trying again this fall! So thats why I'm trying to fine vitims and not haviong any luck at all! I like you as well I have the fear of throwing up along with everything else so I am a little nervous about what I put in my stomach!! Thanks so much for taking the time to help me it means alot! I am nervous about getting prgo if i can and if I'll be able to gain weight like I did the last time! Thanks again for being there!
emmasmom
ibs-c
lactose intolerant
gas

Re: Do any of you ladies have this? Maybe??? new
      #314407 - 08/31/07 04:16 PM
ShastaAngel

Reged: 08/31/07
Loc: Northern California

I had the same problem (By the way I am new to this board... so HELLO!) anyway... it turned out that the problem for me is caused by ovarian cysts. You might want to ask your doctor to check for this... it can be easily diagnosed with an ultrasound. Hope you get to feeling better.

--------------------
IBS D since 1978

Thanks and welcome to the boards!-nt new
      #314420 - 09/01/07 05:53 AM
emmasmom

#314592 - 09/05/07 10:29 AM
Shelley Elaine

Loc: Carson, Ia USA

I can usually tell when i am ovulating also because of the pain. I always thought that was strange and something was wrong, but maybe it is more common than they think! I had an ultrasound at one point because my GP was worried about ovarian cancer but everything was normal. We are trying to get pregnant, but i have been a little worried since i already have such a problem with naseau and i am not stable yet. But the fact that you felt so much better while pregnant gives me a little hope!! Thanks!

--------------------
IBS D

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1405 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3669

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review